Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.9 IDEAS THREAD

Domesticus

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.9 IDEAS THREAD

well i would like to have the ability to pick which flags you want for each country (including historical flags, alteratives, ones people would reconize the country by, etc) i feel it could be pretty easy from some sort of launcher with a setup like this

Russia
    • flag a
    • flag b
    • flag c
    Sweden
    • flag a
    • flag b
    • flag c
    etc. (you pick a flag for each country with those pole style selection devices)

Libertus

Sry, but why into the various images of flag there are flags of Switzerland, Meclemburg, Oldenburg and Khiva Khanate; those nations aren't in ETW

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.8 IDEAS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    Khiva is also in my game.
    Very rare, I heard...
    Which region?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.8 IDEAS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Which region?
    I'm affraid I started a new campaign, I even didn't look to the region...

EDIT: can someone please look to my flags, I'm really hoping if it will get in the mod
    Last edited by MatrixStorm; March 17, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

I have a gripe regarding the republic Mughal flag...it looks like an eyesore compared to the peacock crescent monarchy Mughal flag. Since you've already added the historically accurate yellow-crescent-on-green-background new Mughal MON flag, could you swap the hideous vanilla Mughal REP flag for the vanilla Mughal peacock flag?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I have a book about the Portuguese army during the War of the Spanish Succession and I could draw some pictures of the flags contained in it (they are black and white but the colours are described). Maybe they could be included?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Oh and one more thing... while the Moroccan battle flag (vanilla star) is accurate, I'm not too sure about that new plain red Morocco faction flag. Historically, it looked more like this:

Source: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ma_hist.html

ATTENTION: BUG REPORT!

The Punjab flag has a "trail" of pixels at the far right that shouldn't be there. Can you please remove it in your next patch?

One more question: can you somehow make this Multiplayer compatible (just like how the United Provinces retexture mod is) or is it impossible?

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

ATTENTION: THIS ISN'T A BUG!
    It's not a bug, but a transparency conflict...

And as far as I am aware, unless the other player has the same mod, it is impossible.

The discussion over the Morocco flag was a lengthy one in this thread. Lots of stuff to do with Islam and icons etc. The battle flag is as you have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔JFC♔ View Post
    ATTENTION: THIS ISN'T A BUG!
    It's not a bug, but a transparency conflict...

Actually, the battle damaged Marathan and Ottoman flags look fine to me (the black bits at their edges does give a feel of them being tattered.

It's just that the Punjab flag - even healthy (not battle bamaged) - has that vertical strip at the end, as if someone who cropped the flag from a rectangle to a right angled triangle just forgot to scroll all the way right and left a bit out.

I have an idea:
    In NTF, you can activate the mod without having to open it with a modmanager, perhaps in the next ETF you can just place the file and open Empire through Steam rather than ModManager? Anyway, + REP for two brilliant mods.

EDIT: Woops, sorry, it's working for me now.
    Last edited by ♔themanwithnoname♔; April 15, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by ♔themanwithnoname♔ View Post
    EDIT: Woops, sorry, it's working for me now.
    So it's all good now!

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arun View Post
    Actually, the battle damaged Marathan and Ottoman flags look fine to me (the black bits at their edges does give a feel of them being tattered.

It's just that the Punjab flag - even healthy (not battle bamaged) - has that vertical strip at the end, as if someone who cropped the flag from a rectangle to a right angled triangle just forgot to scroll all the way right and left a bit out.
    Very strange... I've not noticed this at all. will have a look. Could you post a screen please?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔JFC♔ View Post
    Very strange... I've not noticed this at all. will have a look. Could you post a screen please?

Also, in the diplomacy menu, the two Punjab flags displayed underneath the King portrait are the vanilla red/green CA ones.

bump

I noticed another *mistake*: the flag for the Arawakan rebels (South America) is an Islamic flag?

If Muslim and Arawakans share the same flag (and if it thus cannot be made two seperate versions), can you please create a more generalized version that represents both Arab and Native American cultures? (for example by removing the cresents and replacing them with stars and perhaps swapping one scimitar for a spear?)

Cheers,
    -Sir Arun

Does this mod work with the new DM 5.6?

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Italian States, so I have some suggestions about the flag.

The new flag is awesome, I like it realy much, but because I am a republican in real life, I like playing with a republic state.
    But when I rebel, my republican flag is still the same.
    This is quite wrong because the flag is a sign of absolute monarchy.

That's why I made a kind of prototype of the Italian States republic flag:

This is based on the warflag of the early Italian Republic in the 18th century.
    I Held the tricoulor and the laurel wreath as a sign of being a republic.
    The 'RR' (normaly) stands for 'Republica Romana', pointing at the fact that it is a republic.

While there was no Italian revolution before Napoleon, I thought they would look to their great ancestors: the Romans, and this is what I came up with.

For the warflag I chose the real historical warflag from the Italian Republic:

The text reads 'Roman civil guards'.

EDIT:

I found a naval flag!

I made one from the earliest naval jack I could find.

Remember that all this flags are for the republic version!
    Loving those :O
    conquering all of italy then a revolution and get that flag .... nice

Can minor nations have different flags when they change governments?

shoudn't hollands flag have the top part of the flag orange for this period?
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

hi i would like to change the austrian naval flag to the main campain map flag. would that be possible and how could i edit that? i'm using darth ultimate campain mod.
    thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast