Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: BASILEIA: Total War PROJECT 550-1461 (mod for M2TW-Kingdoms) --> Official News & Previews in Page 1

Default Re: BASILEIA: Total War PROJECT 550-1461 (mod for M2TW-Kingdoms)

thanks

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok I've got loads of questions, sorry for the wall of text.
    1) With the Roman-only campaign, how will the evolution of troop types work? Judging from what you said in the interview it looks like a Marian Reforms style revolution, but I'd just like to make sure
    2) Will important cities such as Constantinople, Rome, Jerusalem, ect. have their own unique city layouts? I could bore you for days ranting how annoyed I get fighting in the same city over and over and over and over. It could make for an extremely interesting battle if you have one of your campaigns start with the Turks sieging Constantinople.
    3) I remember reading somewhere that, in return for catholic armies helping relieve Constantinople when the Turks sieged it, the east-west schism would be healed. If this is true, will the Romans be offered the opportunity to become catholic if the Turks are repelled?
    4) This one is more cosmetic than anything, but I noticed the faction symbol had Byzantine Empire written under it. The Romans of the medieval era considered themselves Roman so 'Imperium Romanum' or 'Basileia ton Rhomaion' would probably be more appropriate.
    5) This one sort of carries on from the previous question, but in the Roman-only canpaign, how about naming the factions as the Romans would have called them? Some examples would be:
    Britain: Regenum Britanniae
    France: Regenum Franciae
    Germany/HRE: Regenum Germaniae
    Scotland: Pictavia
    Same for city names. I mean, you'll be playing from the Roman perspective. Also, the black fog of war that usually cover the Americas in Vanilla could be used to represent the fact that the Romans have no idea what's going on in Europe at the time.
    6) I take it that at various 'start dates' the Romans (and everyone else) would have different troops. I think this means that at the 550 start date, the Romans still used the Comitatenses/Limitaeni system. If so, go and talk to julianus heraclius, he knows heaps about the system.
    7) In the first campaign, will there still be Barabrian kingdoms and warband units and Pagan Scotland and Germany? I can't seem to find any concrete reliable info about this period in time, I suppose it's called the 'Dark Ages' for a reason eh?

Thanks for actually reading all that, and I hope I have been of some help.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    3) I remember reading somewhere that, in return for catholic armies helping relieve Constantinople when the Turks sieged it, the east-west schism would be healed. If this is true, will the Romans be offered the opportunity to become catholic if the Turks are repelled?
    I cannot say whether this will be implemented, but a byzantine "offer" to become catholic again is not to be taken too seriously, as it was an additional incentive in a very desperate situation. (And this offer was also made around the year 1200, when Alexios IV urgently needed crusader help for putting himself on the throne instead of his uncle.)

Foederatus

basileia

Tsardoms Total War Serbian Researcher

Ok I've got loads of questions, sorry for the wall of text.
    1) With the Roman-only campaign, how will the evolution of troop types work? Judging from what you said in the interview it looks like a Marian Reforms style revolution, but I'd just like to make sure
    2) Will important cities such as Constantinople, Rome, Jerusalem, ect. have their own unique city layouts? I could bore you for days ranting how annoyed I get fighting in the same city over and over and over and over. It could make for an extremely interesting battle if you have one of your campaigns start with the Turks sieging Constantinople.
    4) This one is more cosmetic than anything, but I noticed the faction symbol had Byzantine Empire written under it. The Romans of the medieval era considered themselves Roman so 'Imperium Romanum' or 'Basileia ton Rhomaion' would probably be more appropriate.
    5) This one sort of carries on from the previous question, but in the Roman-only canpaign, how about naming the factions as the Romans would have called them? Some examples would be:
    Britain: Regenum Britanniae
    France: Regenum Franciae
    Germany/HRE: Regenum Germaniae
    Scotland: Pictavia
    Same for city names. I mean, you'll be playing from the Roman perspective. Also, the black fog of war that usually cover the Americas in Vanilla could be used to represent the fact that the Romans have no idea what's going on in Europe at the time.
    6) I take it that at various 'start dates' the Romans (and everyone else) would have different troops. I think this means that at the 550 start date, the Romans still used the Comitatenses/Limitaeni system. If so, go and talk to julianus heraclius, he knows heaps about the system.
    7) In the first campaign, will there still be Barabrian kingdoms and warband units and Pagan Scotland and Germany? I can't seem to find any concrete reliable info about this period in time, I suppose it's called the 'Dark Ages' for a reason eh?

Thanks for actually reading all that, and I hope I have been of some help.
    1-in BTW main campaign the evolution of the troops is decided by the era, you can build the structures who gives to you the chance to recruit all the throops of your era, in the year who historically appears a reform, you can build the structure who gives to you the next era troops...yes, is quite similar than the marian reforms...

2-at the moment some cities are unique models only on the map, we are working to realize unique cities also in battle map, but we haven't experts in that kind of modelling...

3- we are studing a totally new religions system...

4-the name is "Basileia ton Rhomaion"...the piersabato's last release is with english nouns only to be easy to understand...

5- the factions names are simply the name who they called themselves, same for the city names...only the cities who starts under the byzantine rule had greek names, but we are wornking on a switch system who changes the name when a city changes ruler...
    The map ends in Germany, we haven't spain, britain and france. The permanent fog covers only scandinavia.

6- at the start date you start with the constantinean army...and at every era the troops changes.

7- no problem germany and east europe in first campaign are at the beginnig rebels, the HRE compares with Pepin the Short in 751, the Khazars in 670, the Bulgars in 681, the varangian rus' in 862, Pechenigs in 889, the Magyars in 896, Avars and Turkish Khanates are present at the start-date.

So with the reforms, I take it that the player has to 'build' them - this reflects the fact that reforms were decided upon by national leaders as needed, and forcing one on the player wouldn't be historical, yes?
    I understand that it's your mod and you can do what you like with it, but can I recomend that the map cover all the former Roman provinces? That way I get the satisfaction of reconquering the empire and bragging ect.

The more I read the more I look forward to this mod, later if you need a beta tester I'll be around...

EDIT: Oh and if you need models of the Constantean army units go to the very fine chaps and chapettes at Invasio Barbarorum 2 in the Kingdoms mods section. They might be able to help you
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; February 17, 2010 at 12:37 AM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

The reforms comes like events, in the year that in real history comes the reform appears a notification in which explain the reform who historically occurred that year, and you can build the structures who unlock your next step units...

good suggest...I'll ask they some help...

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Fantastic just stumbled across this Thread ! I had been trying to follow whats been happening on your Italia site ,but alas my grasp of Italian is limited to menues (I was a Chef )Any way to get the positive response from thoses other mods they need to know your here ,when they do I'm sure they support you .This looks like an amazing and huge task ,but one that i cannot wait to see born .So the western part of europe is not on the map ? But what of the Merovingian Frankish Empire and the later Carolingians ? Not critising it a mamoth task without western europe . Carnt wait if theres anything i can do ,with the exception of actual modding just ask .

Signature made by Joar

Western Europe is not included in our mod because the faction slot are all already occupied, to including the western europe we need so much free slot because it must introduce: the Kingdom of Asturias, the Kingdom of Castille, the Kingdom of León, the Kingdom of Portugal, the Kingdom of Aragona, the Kingdom of Navarra and the County of Barcelona, the Kingdom of England, the Frankish Empire and the Duchy of Burgundy...so, this is why we decited to exclude western europe.

I've met much co-operation spirit and availability here by foreign modders than I've met in italy with italian modders...

I hope that the great Rusichi staff could give us their wonderful units...

it's good idea and rusichi and vlad mod is better cuman kijev rus units but in Bc Khwarezm are good and Seldjuks have in Bc 3.0 more units.
    So i have more persian and altaj music...

All the help is welocme...

I forgot about those stupid faction limits... sorry. Anyway, I like the reforms. It means that, if I decide the empire's too but to replace every unit or I don't think I've fulfilled the reasons why the reforms were started in the first place (eg. thaematic army because of loss of estern provinces, if I don't lose them there'll be no need to replace my units, right?)
    I do hope you include Italy at least, because I always reclaim that place and capitolize it

The western limit is the Rhine river, no fear, Italy is obviously included...

The reforms comes at a determinate ages, because that cause a modernization of your army that otherwise you would not obtain...

I have an idea: How about have the reforms happen at a particular date (as it is now) OR when specific criteria are fulfilled. To go back to my earlier examples, Have the Constantean army being replaced with the Thaematic one become avaliable for 'construction' at the date it happened in real life OR when a certain eastern provinces are lost.
    Also, because the reforms are 'constructed' does that mean they must be built in each city to change the tech tree there?

EDIT: And I remember reading the religion will be special in this mod. How about making it so, for example, if you decide to not have the schism of the church, the crusaders won't attack you, or if you go Pagan, everyone attacks you more, or if you go muslim, the Turks aren't so aggressive towards you?
    Just an idea (PM me if you want more I've got plenty)
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; February 19, 2010 at 03:59 AM.

Just one Question in the grand campaign when or if iloose at Yarmuk what happens ,do i loose Syria and the Levant ? ,same i suppose for 1204 will i automatically loose Konstantinopoulis ?

Signature made by Joar

I have an idea: How about have the reforms happen at a particular date (as it is now) OR when specific criteria are fulfilled. To go back to my earlier examples, Have the Constantean army being replaced with the Thaematic one become avaliable for 'construction' at the date it happened in real life OR when a certain eastern provinces are lost.
    Also, because the reforms are 'constructed' does that mean they must be built in each city to change the tech tree there?

EDIT: And I remember reading the religion will be special in this mod. How about making it so, for example, if you decide to not have the schism of the church, the crusaders won't attack you, or if you go Pagan, everyone attacks you more, or if you go muslim, the Turks aren't so aggressive towards you?
    Just an idea (PM me if you want more I've got plenty)
    When comes the year in which we have the reform, you are able to build the constructions necessary to recruit the new units...but that buildings are simply the common buildings of the vanilla: stables, barracks, blacksmiths, etc...and obviously you must build that in every city/fortress in which you want to recruit an army...

The religion is a problem that we are still working...

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Just one Question in the grand campaign when or if iloose at Yarmuk what happens ,do i loose Syria and the Levant ? ,same i suppose for 1204 will i automatically loose Konstantinopoulis ?
    at the time of Yarmuk some arabic armies attacks your middle-east cities with strong troops, in 1204 bigger crusader army besieges Konstantinoupolis...in all this events is your abiliy that it can change the history...if your empire is strong enough and you are too skilled, you can defy they and change the history, in contrary case you will find again yourself in the same situations of the byzantine emperors...

Strangely I think i want to loose the territoies after Yarmouk ,for realism ,but cannot tolerate loosing Konstantinoupolis in 1204

Signature made by Joar

Just as long as no-one forgets to lock a door you should be right in defending Constantinople

In all mods i'v only ever had to defend Konstantioupolis once ,that was in Chivalry II when the Turkish Sultan called a Jihad

Signature made by Joar

In all seriousness, Constantinople's in a fairly defendable position.It'd take a fair good assault to take it if the player's the Romans. If the computer's controling the romans, then anything can happen.