Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DoomBunnys mod thread, contains retextures, mods and more...

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: DoomBunnys mod thread, contains retextures, mods and more...

Doombunny,

Is there any chance of you considering a mod that just changes the vanilla drummers to bearskins or cocked hats?

Generally only grenadier and fusilier officers wore grenadier caps and often even they wore cocked hats so you wouldn't really ever see officers in bearskin caps unless they were commanding grenadiers or fusiliers who were also wearing them. Drummers on the other hand would wear bearskin caps even in the "hat" companies.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I personly am quite happy with the current european drummers, captains and flagbearers. I wouldnt mind it though if the rare tricone wearing drummer was used more often. Its in the game but rarely seen.

It is the Ottoman and Maratha generals, flagbearers and captains that confuse me though.

There does not seem to be a general model at all, instead generals look the same as flagbearers and drummers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I personly am quite happy with the current european drummers, captains and flagbearers. I wouldnt mind it though if the rare tricone wearing drummer was used more often. Its in the game but rarely seen.

It is the Ottoman and Maratha generals, flagbearers and captains that confuse me though.

There does not seem to be a general model at all, instead generals look the same as flagbearers and drummers.
    Think that has been changed with the recent 'Elite Units Of The East' patch
    New 'Officer' model.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I didnt see new officer models, at least not for the vanilla units.

I find the best way to get cloth or animal prints is to google what yr after and cut copy paste them to the shape you want . You can then add shade etc ...

I was drawn to this picture for leapord skin for some reason
    by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar #

man I studied that picture for hours, and all be damned if I can spot the leopard skin!!! oh well, back I go for another peek

Push on, brave York volunteers

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Inhuman One,

Essentially the "Santa Hats" are fatigue caps. I can understand why CA used them because light infantry, grenadiers, and hat company men all had the same fatigue caps so they can use the same musician model for all three of them. The issue is that it is unlikely you would see fatigue caps much in battle, also in the British army anyway bearskins (with special musician specific front plates) were regulation for most if not all musicians (not sure about the light companies) although cocked hats sometimes were worn. A cocked hat or bearskin is more appropriate, just not on all the officers and flagbearers (ussually officers also)

Doombunny Could you do a mod sometime that changes the British artillery uniforms from red to blue for use with the vanilla game. Cheers

Already one out mate, hang on Ill try find a link...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Already one out mate, hang on Ill try find a link...
    Thanks Doom bunny I just found it over at Digbys retextures. Cheers

I am trying to create machine guns for a personal NTW mod. I have used puckles as the base but can't figure out how to increase mag size and reduce (or pref remove) the reload time. Can you help?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12