Page 8 of 168 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: IWTE - World edditing

Hi
    Found the bug affecting some of the binding sphere calculations when adding some structures (e.g. a gate at a particular angle). I included an equals when it shouldn't of been there. That will be included in the next release.

Effects I may remove from the next release. They should be added in later (in the settlement anyway due to their interaction) but I need to re-test something and then add them in to some other existing functions otherwise certain things will go out of sync. Depends if I get time to put all functions in or not... took a while to suss out the final connections and still need to test its correct.

then could you edit the effects ? Because i make some test but the game crash then projectile touch the damaged objects... if i give you the world file would you be able to tell me where I wrong?
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhile
    then could you edit the effects ? Because i make some test but the game crash then projectile touch the damaged objects... if i give you the world file would you be able to tell me where I wrong?
    Sorry the last post said where we were. I simply don't have the time to be constantly answering your questions and acting as your tester for everything when you don't know what to do. Last stuff you sent me didn't include the relevant bits initially so wasted too much time when in the end you made a fairly basic error (or rather set of errors)

I am trying to sort out the last bits on effects and some other corrections but it takes time and with work etc I don't have much at the moment before our main holiday. We are having some issue but its tied to a specific problem (affecting too many things) - the basic changing of the effect is straight forward.

Sorry if a bit terse but I am far more interested in resolving IWTE issues than constantly being asked about how to correct your tool.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Sorry the last post said where we were. I simply don't have the time to be constantly answering your questions and acting as your tester for everything when you don't know what to do. Last stuff you sent me didn't include the relevant bits initially so wasted too much time when in the end you made a fairly basic error (or rather set of errors)

I am trying to sort out the last bits on effects and some other corrections but it takes time and with work etc I don't have much at the moment before our main holiday. We are having some issue but its tied to a specific problem (affecting too many things) - the basic changing of the effect is straight forward.

Sorry if a bit terse but I am far more interested in resolving IWTE issues than constantly being asked about how to correct your tool.
    i don't ask you to correct my tool, this is my problem, i only ask you a information about Effect, i make test with your tool to understand how it work, i make some change in the txt exported file at the Structural Effect Section.... after that i convert to world format but the game crash...
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

i don't ask you to correct my tool, this is my problem
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwhile
    if i give you the world file would you be able to tell me where I wrong?
    Sorry like a repeating record .. I don't have time. Maybe in a few weeks after my holiday.

ok, don't worry :-)

I was hoping to have a look at the arrow tower bits. They look pretty much like repeats of some other bits but haven't had much time. I also need to write something to show effects better for testing purposes. Whilst we can add effects OK we are still hitting issues around lighting effects and to prevent that we are getting crashes (its simply how to narrow down the setting of a certain group of values).

wilddog
    How i can to add you rep!! You really genius!!!! I have small question! If i want to add structure, that i make from Milkeshape, for exemple box, sphere or cylinder, in the original file *world what i must to do??
    P.S, I am try it but programm say, than it impossible, i add other structures from another world its work!!

But if i want to change scale of current structure, (for example i want to change height of this adding tower) or move it in another side your programm talk that- Error. Help me please! How i can to add in the file other structure?!
    Last edited by Feinar; September 04, 2010 at 02:58 AM.

@Feinar
    Make sure the new structure is named correctly- simple rules are don't start with an 'E' and fist number is the object and second number is the group eg Anewbit_o125_g0. Make sure all the objects are named that way. If it is to add to an existing structure add at then END of the structure and leave the other names intact.

Then load the three files,
    select form the structure/complex window the complex to add it to,
    select add structure, it will ask you for some info on the texture and the milkshape file itself
    and then it should load OK.

If any issues send me a file and I'll try and have a quick look... but I'm in the middle of something at the moment.

wilddog
    Thank you! I will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog
    Whilst we can add effects OK we are still hitting issues around lighting effects and to prevent that we are getting crashes (its simply how to narrow down the setting of a certain group of values).
    OK got passed the crash issue... took a while to spot something silly. Now need to try a couple more things to stop some of the 'pink' lighting effects. Still need to make corrections though when I've changed some of the other object attributes.

As per a request I'm going to add a button to delete all existing tech tree slots in the next release (added to first page detailing things being worked on) - this is now completed.
    Last edited by wilddog; September 06, 2010 at 03:58 AM.

wilddog
    Dear mate! Explain me please, what does mean this comment in the current model?? If i want to add new structure in the *world, what kind of comments i must to add? Thank you!
    Last edited by Feinar; September 09, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

Opifex

Hi wilddog, I hope you don't get frustrated at the questions, it only means good things in the people starting to get very appreciative and curious about your project. It was all a really well-done job, you and johnwhile in your respective areas, so please let's not fight when both of you are doing something so invaluable.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Feinar View Post
    wilddog
    Dear mate! Explain me please, what does mean this comment in the current model?? If i want to add new structure in the *world, what kind of comments i must to add? Thank you!
    i think i can answer you... it is the Bouding Sphere, try to build a sphere with these coordinates:
    [-8.0 , -7.0 , -18.0 ] and radius : 6.5 , is a sphere that contain all vertices in the scene

Thanks!! +rep!

but attention, i don't know if is converted in Milkshape coordinates, because the Game, Milk and Max utilize three different system...

johnwhile
    Look, mate! I want to add absolutely new structure in *world! For example I would like to add box (figure from Milkshape) to middle_eastern_castle_a_complex19_struct1, through this program. What steps, that I must to do? Thanks!

if you want add only a box i suggest you the IWTE but you must ask to wilddog because without a tutorial is a little difficult understand now to do, this is the reason of my script, work with all objects in one scene is more clearly but Milkshape have a lot of limitations about vertex and poly numbers....

Add a new objects without replace existing objects is complicated because you must change also the worldcollision and animinstance files... this is the reson because in the IWTE if you load a world file the tool ask also worldcollision and animinstace.

Isn't sufficient place a new objects in the world file, where are some information like BoundingBox , Bouinding Sphere, table2, and so on ... what we must be changed... there are a very lot of data... I think you must add the box in world file and after add a collision object but you must ask to wilddog because i don't know how utilize it.
    Last edited by johnwhile; September 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

ok thank you!