Page 163 of 168 FirstFirst ... 63113138153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3348

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Default Re: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Yep, and sorry about that, it's normally from Avast, but the free antivirus's don't like anything made with Pyinstaller (which is what converts the python to .exe) - I think it's also partly a behavioural, thing... yes this will change/add files, otherwise, there wouldn't be much point

I've gone over to BullGuard...

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Just to add I don't actually include or use any of the python related stuff that the python teams say 'may be vulnerable' so its as safe as I can keep it.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Textures of buildings getting dark when camera closes in to them.
    What are th epossible causes for that effect?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mosynopolis1.jpg   Mosynopolis.jpg   Mosynopolis2.jpg  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Textures of buildings getting dark when camera closes in to them.
    What are th epossible causes for that effect?
    Think we had this one before - either wrong/missing normal texture or trying to use a normal texture with very extreme 'scale'

basically check/change the normal

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

OK , could this also be a lack of WIP.MAPs of the textures also?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

don't think so, lack-of or wrong mip-maps would make it look bad when you zoom out not in,

check the normal texture first

released version now 21_07_A

with version 21_07_A
    1) Amended the Rome remastered map creation alot. The basic option under the remastered tab will now generate the river mesh and the rivers_a.cas.
    2) A task process has been setup to support full creation of the map tile pieces, river mesh, coastlines, normals and albedo textures. PLEASE look at the Rome Remastered Map making info.txt provided.
    The options are still being worked on but be warned the actual texture production is SLOW. It is doing a lot of processing to produce them.
    3) A conversion fix for some texture files when converting to dae was put in place. The converter converts & to ?a?_ and # to ?h?_ it converts back to correct it when recreating the cas files.
    4) Bugfixes for older functionality.

IWTE version 21_08_B

with version 21_08_B - mostly M2 related and menu tidy ups.
    1) New M2 Add Complex collisions (default). Automatically adds a new collision for any objects marked as default that do not currently have a collision.
    2) bug Fixes for 2D window wheel button - zoom in/out and double click centering.
    3) Slight clean up and rearrangement of top level menu options. IWTE Task file moved to end of list and Renamed an option as Medieval 2.
    Model Files dropdown shows Cas options at top and other options as being M2 related.
    4) Main M2 button selection panel changed to remove the Terrain2 option. Remaining functions were added to Terrain 1 tab.
    5) Medieval 2 main dropdown has new option for settlement editing leads to alternative route for opening the binary files. Modeldb csv conversions also moved to this tab
    6) Rome Remastered dropdown has Geography DB option in it now (its just a direct link and applies for Rome OG as well).

Hello IWTE team,

I have a question about converting the cas models: strat_flag.cas , trees models like birch_A.CAS .
    While trying to convert them IWTE crashes and no ms3d file is created. I am using IWTE 21_07_A .
    Are these types supported?

Best regards

I'll check that, we've been through a few versions in quick succession... in theory they should work!

keep your copy of 07_A but you might also want to try the new 08_B in case that has fixed the issue!

you could also possibly use the .cas to .dae conversion (under Model Files button at the top) .dae is Collada primarily intended to import to Blender, but it theoretically imports to milkshape too (we've not tested how reliably!)

Some of the vegetation model bits were crashing which I still need to address. You should try the 21_08_B version and see if the problem still persists. I've been trying to correct the issues ASAP which is why there have been a few releases for M2 support. Sorry for the inconvenience. If possible you should really use the options to convert to blender.

just checked - that was definitely a 7_A specific issue, as usual we fixed something else... and didn't realise it did something unexpected to the strat>ms3d things, if you download latest version that should work fine!

Domaje's Avatar Civis

This is a complete noob question but do you know if I can model and also texture my custom settlement in Blender and then import it as a .dae file in IWTE ? I am asking because I've started with Milkshape but would like to switch to Blender and I'm unsure if a .dae file would retain UV maps made in Blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    This is a complete noob question but do you know if I can model and also texture my custom settlement in Blender and then import it as a .dae file in IWTE ? I am asking because I've started with Milkshape but would like to switch to Blender and I'm unsure if a .dae file would retain UV maps made in Blender.
    Blender does everything Milkshape does and more, so that's fine and actually preferable.

IWTE's name coding and texture set-up is a bit different in Blender, so to transfer things you've already made in milkshape add them to a .world with IWTE add structure buttons and then use IWTE again to export that .world to .dae for Blender, don't try and use .obj or anything to transfer directly from milkshape to blender...

For both ms3d and Blender .dae, they don't store custom normals properly, so if you want things to look smooth and round you need to 'weld'/join those verts and let IWTE sort out any splitting needed to suit split uvs.

For Blender if you use any Modifiers, you need to apply them to the mesh before exporting, the .dae doesn't retain modifier info.

with version 21_09_A - mostly M2 related.
    1) Ability to switch selected objects from 'default' to a mainobject and vice versa.
    2) bux fix - Correction to 'mirroring' vertex process particularly for .world files. .
    .world and .anim changes are aligned. (bug introduced earlier this year)
    3) bug fix - scrolling on 2d window using centre key now back working.
    4) Clean up to remove bounding box options as no longer required.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, so half a year ago in March this year I watched a tutorial by Callistonian on how to turn Medieval 2 battle-models into strat-map models - it's a quite effective process that allowed me to convert 86 models for Hyrule, and 56 models for Warcraft - but I still ain't finished.

So Callistonian said that the new version of IWTE would make this process even simpler? What did he mean do you think?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

The only thing I can think of is that there is now a convert folder option for the .dae to .cas part of the process.

Hello,

I need some help with an issue I'm experiencing with the mud, farm, and path mask textures.

For context, I took an existing, working battlemap and duplicated it in order to create a new, separate battlemap with different buildings and textures. Because I placed new buildings in new locations, I needed to remove the farm mask and update the path mask. So, I opened the texture files via IWTE and used the painter process to clear the farm mask and I made new paths in the path mask. I saved my changes and then updated the WT mask TGA paths by pointing them to the maps/overlays folder within my new battlemap's folder and I even changed the names of the mask textures to make them unique (I left the default size at 2).

Anyway, when I go into the game and play on the battlemap, it still uses the old farm and path masks instead of my updated versions. So, I'm posting here to ask if anyone has any ideas as to what I might be missing or what else I could try? I will say that I searched through this thread to see if anyone else had this same issue and I did find some of Makanyane's replies back in 2014 mentioning DTX5/DTX1 for DDS files as well as making sure the alpha layer is enabled however those suggestions don't seem to be applicable to my scenario (when I convert my path and mud textures to DDS, I can see that the alpha layer is enabled via GIMP and I see my changes as well).

Let me know if you need more information from me.

P.S. This is long overdue but I wanted to say thank you to Wilddog for this great tool and for your continued support/updating of it! I also want to thank Makanyane for continuing to provide troubleshooting support!

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

@TheEliteDwarf is it reading your amended .worldterrain? The path for the .worldterrain is in the .world file. To check that load the 3 binaries, and use 'update referenced paths' on the main tab

also if you've changed anything (the .world or the .worldterrain) check that you are actually using the revised version, depending on how you changed things the revised version might have a different name (or for painter process end up in IWTE save folder)

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    @TheEliteDwarf is it reading your amended .worldterrain? The path for the .worldterrain is in the .world file. To check that load the 3 binaries, and use 'update referenced paths' on the main tab

also if you've changed anything (the .world or the .worldterrain) check that you are actually using the revised version, depending on how you changed things the revised version might have a different name (or for painter process end up in IWTE save folder)
    Makanyane, thank you for your reply.

I did not update the referenced paths from the main tab (as I wasn't aware of what this button did) so that was causing my issue. If only I reached out earlier yesterday, I could have saved myself many hours of troubleshooting but at least this was a lesson learned. Thanks again! +Rep

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE