Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67117142157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3348

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Default Re: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

If I'm going to restart with just a gatehouse and wall segment, then I'd rather start with a new map from scratch and then come back to Constanople after I have a better understanding of how IWTE and Blender work. I'll think on if I want to try e.g., building Thessalonica using the starter kits etc. if I can't get the current Constantinople file in-game. I've got a lot of planned maps, after all.

Assuming I did end up deleting most of the wall segments, would I then just duplicate or import the new .Dae models to the re-exported world file?

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

You need to keep names in sync. The setup allows for existing information to be retained if they match exactly on the names. If you upload lots of references to the same name then it will likely be chaotic as IWTE will think you meant to group them together.

IWTE 23_01_A released
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 08, 2023 at 01:55 PM. Reason: posts merged

IWTE_23_01_B released

1) M2/RR - bug fix for option dae/ms3d to cas - crashing due to wrong internal name.

Hi guys
    got that error with try to create map meshes

also thx for u keep doing it
    Last edited by raubak; January 11, 2023 at 02:53 PM.

Its looking for a 14th texture or a non standard texture identifier (RGB) and crashing because it can't find it or is invalid. Check your climates on the climate TGA as thats the likely source of the error. I'll try and add a message to handle that.

edit
    I also noticed an error if you were using black as climate color which should be corrected in next version ('dummy_black' as a climate has been removed).
    Last edited by wilddog; January 12, 2023 at 02:57 AM.

it definitely climate pixel , but i guess it still possible to create new climate or RR is too sensitive, but not a big deal ...also about wrong pixels ,can be errors in ground.tga with wrong pixel?

You cannot add a new climate to either Rome OG, RR or MTW2. Thats the reason IWTE stays with the original RGB settings. You could change the RGB that is used in the climates TGA but as the number of climates is fixed its a pointless exercise.

Yep i remember i try to add climate to M2 and it looks like work in start map , but not in battle map i got some psihodelilic pics ....

map now it seems work and i got everything but with that texture ...and i still got wrong pixels in climate and wrong pixels in ground

The pink on the outside of the frame is because you've missed putting black.tga.dds in with the frame folder.

The pink on land is the game not finding the .tga.dds for the tiles - check what you put as the location in your data/terrain/campaign/campaign_name/descr_map_tiles.txt

and check that your textures are actually there!

thx for answer makanyane , did IWTE create materials.tga too?

wilddog thx for amazing tool makanyane thx for help
    Last edited by raubak; January 24, 2023 at 10:42 AM.

i got that bug with coastal line marking white spots , i check all map.tga files there nothing wrong

There's a height related colouring which is how it tints the 'beach' looks like your heights are too low, e.g. 0,0,0?
    you shouldn't have that for IWTE or in game reasons

check what map_heights.tga values you have there and consider increasing them a bit

you can also set the beach colour parameters by using these parameters in your task file:
    #beach related parameters
    <beach_factor> 0.50 #0 to 1 ratio for beach v non beach texture (higher makes beach color stronger)
    <beach_rgb_list> 208 187 161 # RGB color for the beach)
    <beach_high> 1.1 # Beach height high point (beach will cover up to this height at 100 percent color)
    <beach_merge_high> 1.5 # additional height to merge beach color
    the bottom two control the height the beach colour extends to

i got these parameters for beach
    #beach related parameters
    <beach_factor> 0.90 #0 to 1 ratio for beach v non beach texture (higher makes beach color stronger)
    <beach_rgb_list> 208 187 161 # RGB color for the beach)
    <beach_high> 1.1 # Beach height high point (beach will cover up to this height at 100 percent color)
    <beach_merge_high> 1.5 # additional height to merge beach color eg merge from 1.1 to 2.6
    that part of the map is original vanilla with height 1,1,1 and it had that bug too...

0.9 is very high as a colour percentage so that's probably making it more noticeable

you would either need to increase the heights there (you can use a different map_heights.tga just for the generation process if you want)
    or reduce the 1.1 and 1.5 values in the beach high tags

i see a lot of them and guess easier to play with parameters than fix map_heights.tga thx

If you have downloaded the texcon.exe tool then the following two tasks may also be useful (unless you are after a different dds output)
    This one will convert the materials (normals) to dds format.

<task_id> task_tex_conv_tga_to_dxt5_dds #
    <directory_in> "I:\Rome_remastered\create_maprr\materials"
    <directory_out> "I:\Rome_remastered\create_maprr\materials\ddsfiles"
    <directory_out_increment> yes #yes or no whether to increment the directory name (default is yes to prevent accidental overwriting)
    lol i download texcon.exe like u say and it didn't work ))) but texconv.exe work
    Last edited by raubak; February 18, 2023 at 01:28 PM.

When I try downloading the page loads but stays blank and nothing happens. What is wrong

Libertus

Hi Guys,
    I'm just creating a new Slavic/Russian city. Everything looks fine. But there is a problem: the towers don't want to shoot. What could be the problem. I have to say that I've often modeled new cities completely, I think I've done everything right, and I've never encountered such a problem. What could I have done wrong?
    Look:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/ubAZwbQDd0plMA

PS. I have already solved the problem. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by AriovistusSuebus; March 24, 2023 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Problem solved