Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Libertus

Default Re: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    erm, if you can get from .dae to something that works in-game, could we try not going back to milkshape? or was there a specific reason why you needed to??
    No, the only reason I like milkshape (I know, it sounds strange). But you are right, if Collada works we don't need milkshape any more. I will test animations in game.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

In the early days of modding i remember modders to "complain" that there are no Orthodox churches models in the Byzantine cities like in Catholic ones.
    Is that true?
    In that case this building is a random one (TGC mod uses vanilla settlements) with no coded name?

Is there any line of Churches for "greek" culture in vanilla? If not can we add one?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

IWTE is closing alone every time I try to add a deployment block in one of my custom settlements.
    How can I provide the needed data for you for bug tracking? (in case it is a bug).

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    IWTE is closing alone every time I try to add a deployment block in one of my custom settlements.
    How can I provide the needed data for you for bug tracking? (in case it is a bug).
    Run the .exe from a .bat file and the command window will stay up.
    All you need in the .bat file is
    IWTE_v20_07_A.exe
    cmd /k
    first line should be whatever your .exe is called - make that in notepad and save it as something.bat in the same folder as the .exe

double click the .bat to launch the .exe then do same thing and you should see the message we need in the command window

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

No need. Already found the problem, the 3d object had a strange shape so IWTE was crashing when trying to stabslish a deployment block over it. Adjusting the 3d model in ms3d did the job.

Shame on me for not getting this ready after one decade of IWTE.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
    Is there any line of Churches for "greek" culture in vanilla? If not can we add one?
    Sorry too long ago for me to specifically remember that but given that you can set most things up the answer to the second question is probably yes depending on your mod setup.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs
    Shame on me for not getting this ready after one decade of IWTE.
    You are not the only one trying to remember certain aspects of IWTE after that length off time.

Now the one milion dollars question.
    I know that greek culture shares in vanilla south_european city battle models.
    So far so good.
    In strat_map we have different strat_map models for permanent stone forts for these two cultures.
    I do not know how many battle map "city" models are in game but can we take one or two of them , dublicate them and name them as permanent stone forts , one as south_european one and one as greek PSF. In our mod there are no castles and we want to show the world full of "cities" or "large_towns" instead of permanent stone forts.
    The same but ussing north_european large town battlemodel we want as north_european and eastern_european PSFs .
    Islamic cities must also have a walled city battle model as PSF as well.
    What are the needed steps to do so inorder to have different strat_map models per culture (as we have now) but also have large towns or cities as battle map PSFs ?
    Do we have to copy anything .
    Do we have to place a possible dublication to a folder and if yes in what folder that would be (i mean the battlemap models).
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I do not know how many battle map "city" models are in game but can we take one or two of them , dublicate them and name them as permanent stone forts
    You don't need to duplicate them unless you want to make changes to one and not the other. Just make a new .worldpkgdesc that has the path to the same .world, and the fort name/assignment you want.

See this for info about the pkgs https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...pkgdesc_-_M2TW

If you're not familiar with it you probably also need to look at Gigantus's info about placing PSFs

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    You don't need to duplicate them unless you want to make changes to one and not the other. Just make a new .worldpkgdesc that has the path to the same .world, and the fort name/assignment you want.

See this for info about the pkgs https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...pkgdesc_-_M2TW

If you're not familiar with it you probably also need to look at Gigantus's info about placing PSFs
    Gig said that only you could help us in this matter... We despertly need help.

IWTE_v20_12_A released. See below. now includes full battle model editing (units, siege weapons etc ) mesh and animations for Blender via the collada interface. Cas files already supported. Max users should also be able to use this.

with version 20_12_A (Further enhancements to the collada interface supporting Blender/max)
    1) New control file process has been relaunched as IWTE Task which can be triggered from the top bar of the main IWTE menu.
    Files must end with _task.txt and sytax changed in terms of data-ids used. Often file full path names are requested rather than just the file name as this better supports some of the processes.
    2) The export animated directory function has been removed as we couldn't see any real need for it now.
    3) All mesh formats are now supported (AFAIK) ie skydome, banners, siege, units
    4) As introduced for cas units in the previous version the mesh units (ie battle map models) are now supported with a process to combine multi animations together (provided they have the right skeleton and setup).
    5) A first frame pose position has been introduced to better support editing of the mesh.
    6) An unassigned skeleton process is supported to allow the mesh to be edited without a correct skeleton (ie all skeleton bones default to a simple chain).
    7) Weapon and shield separation is supported for unit meshes with a standard vanilla skeleton. This process uses up to 4 weapon/shield bones but still must be within the 24 bone limit.
    Some models may not be supported through this process due to their setup. The basic assumption in IWTE on bones is the sequence is the standard bones 0 to 19, then upto 4 bones. The last 4 are in sequence : extra bones, then weapon/shield bones.
    Our recommendation is to use weapon bones rather than any extra bones in order to avoid the death animation bug (ie the one that occurs because the skeleton has a different number of non weapon/shield bones to the unit its fighting).

bugfix release IWTE_v20_12_B from December 3rd 2020.

with version 20_12_B
    1) Bug fix to worldpkgdesc selection and mesh processes as they were crashing due to incorrect naming when selecting.
    2) Added csv options of worldpkgdesc. This extracts files within a directory and all its subdirectories.
    Please be careful the default readback is NOT to update (to prevent any accidental overwrite of vanilla files). It has basic validation only.

As the new IWTE has major new functions there's a new sticky thread to discuss Unit/Character/Skeleton/Animation editing.

Please DO NOT use this World Editing thread to discuss Units and their Anims, or you will be taken out and shot!

Or at least a very grumpy Mak will have to attempt to start moving posts around...

OK think things should of finally settled down with this version. Items I am aware of is please do not mix multi animations if the skeleton pose is different eg catapult idle v catapult fire recover/fire. CA used two different poses within the animations. IWTE will handle similar poses its just if you combine different animations.

with version 20_12_D
    1) Bug fix as siege meshes defaulting to compressed but not set up to handle (they should be non compressed).
    2) Bug fix lodname in 3dsmax returned material names was being extracted incorrectly (included the material prefix).
    3) Creates bonemap xml for siege engines
    4) Bug fix previously dropped position animation if maximum animation position change was zero.

I would like to ask a question, how can I use IWTE to change the location of troops deployed?I want to deploy the troops outside the marked area.

If you want to change the deployment outline - load the 3 binaries for the .world etc - go to "Gameobjects" tab and "Deployment Outline Changes" drag/add/delete nodes to suit what you want, click OK to that, save binaries (they'll be saved with incremented name) - find the new .world file and rename it to replace the existing one.

If you actually want to make the units able to deploy outside the outline area, that's not us, that'd be the memory editing project or not possible...

Thank you for answering me,I have one more question:how to change the other side deployment outline?For example, if the enemy besieges more than two troops, how to make these troops attack deployment area as far as possible in one direction?

you can't do that AFAIK. The game just works it out.

So I can only change my own deployment area, is that right?

you can only change the deployment area for the defender of a settlement - whether that's you or the AI - the attackers' deployment area is set out by the game in relation to that, e.g. with a gap between the two areas.