Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

when installing this mod do you install it to Kgcm or m2tw folder?

wait sorry it was already answederd

does this need 4.2 patch?

Of course it needs KGCM i actually think it will work on top of straight 3.0 but never tried it lol but generally i would say yes you need to patch to 4.2 then install the submod (hence submod not stand alone mod).

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Default Installation

Hello, been 1 years since i last here. Completely forgot my old login and had to register a new 1

Anyway, first i've got some question. About installation of this submod. In your 1st post it's

M2TW->Kingdom->KGCM 3.0 ->KGCM 4.2->HH&B->AIImprovement->Expansion
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    please install AI improvemnt pack 1 before installing expansion one so order is install main submod install AI improvement 1 (if you plan on using the expansion otherwise chose which ever of the 2 you like) then lastly expansion pack 1.

And in the previous page it's
    M2TW->Kingdom->KGCM 3.0 ->KGCM 4.2->HH&B->Expansion->AIImprovement
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece J View Post
    All right Soul I just had to do a big reinstall but I'm getting pretty confused with so many things to put in. Is this the right order to do things in?:

M2TW > Kingdoms > Kingdoms Patch 1.5 > KGCM 3.0 > KGCM Patch 4.2 > HH&B > Expansion 1 > Defensive AI

Do I still need to put in the edited campaign_script that includes the Garrison Script available in the 4.2 download thread? And is this compatible with TurkishWarrior's and y2day's VIP packs/any other KGCM sub-mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    Thats the correct order No its not compatable with either of those submods although alot of master y2days works are in the mod already so dont worry it looks great

So, which 1 lol? I'm confused ^^. Wanna start playing now. Thanks in advance for the reply
    Last edited by Morviuz; February 11, 2010 at 04:05 AM.

actually either order will work the last 2 parts f the install use different files so they can go in either order the important part is that you have both of those parts installed with each other

But my coming soon update will simplify things it will be just install part 1 and then part 2 to clean everything up and take the faction count to 31 and region count to 199 +1 sea

Thanks. Been great so far, playing as spain and having some difficulties with france keep harassing my northern borders while my forces focusing on driving the moors back. The AI is much(10X) better than vanilla, they even surprised me sometimes, most of the time i win with a close battle ^^ (evenly match troops). It was fun.

The only issue i have is sometimes the game hang (when it's NPCs turn), it'll stuck at one of the npc flag/turn for soo long i had to alt+del it and start over from last turn. Is it the game or my comp spec? My spec. If it the game (coz nvr got hang in vanilla) how do i get around this problem?

Intel C2D 2.93Ghz,
    Ram 2gb DDR2 667,
    ATI HD4850,
    750GB WD HDD,

Windows XP SP3
    Karspersky Internet Security 2009.

Thanks in advance.

You will find that is due to the horde mechanisim but i have altered this for the upcoming version to make it much easier on low spec pcs to run . Basicly these long waits is because some faction has just been robbed of there last settlement and well as i run a pretty decent pc i set the horde up quite complex , this will be greatly reduced in next version and can expect no more than a 10 second wait on a horde foriming and calculating its move.

glad you like the AI its only going to get better the next version of the AI i am hoping will be finished soon so you may even expect a couple of losses thrown in but even currently the Ai will keep the pressure up on you and can by weight of action on VH/VH drive you back

Thanks for the reply. I do play on VH/VH. Anyway about those hang, it's not about hordes i think, coz the faction (when hang) is norway and they have about 5 town. I destroyed Portugal and their hordes didnt cause me any problem ( except totally reduced more than 2/3 or my 2 full stack army ^^ and some small reinforcement)

But i dont know how, i delete map.rwm and start game, reload, and they don't hang anymore. It just weird XD ^^. The hang is only sometimes, maybe once in 2-3 days of long playing (5-6 hours).

About the AI, is there some sort of EXP cheat script for them? Coz most of the enemy troops i see is at least got 2 star, and some is 1 Gold Star. Also no matter how much i destroyed their market and block their port, they just keep sending almost a full stack army one after the other. It's no problem tho, i just switch to destroy their barrack etc instead so they cant trains troops even if they have the gold XD.

Furthermore, about the garrison script, did they run on every of NPC town or just capital? Coz when i start attacking Portugal, there's just a General and 2 spear militia garrisoned in the town. But when i start sieging it, there's suddenly 8-9 more units poops out. And it's not the capital.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work ^^. Totally like this mod

The garrison is not in every city just selected important targets the captial being one but you can bet if its a strategic location it will have a garrision .

There is an AI exp advantage given to increase difficulty yes but it can be easily countered as you have found LOL.

It may hang on norways turn yes they may not becoming a horde but they may have just nailed scotland etc (yes clearing cache will greatly smooth the hang but as i say i am simplifying it soon in my next release with 31 factions.) this hang is caused 1 by the slightly to complicated horde factor i put in (again simplifying this) but usually if the faction hording is a long way away from where its men are eg they have a general miles away as the first move of a horde is to combine its men together.

You will find it greatly improved in the next release coming very soon

Glad you been enjoying it
    regards
    SF

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

But i dont know how, i delete map.rwm and start game, reload, and they don't hang anymore. It just weird XD ^^. The hang is only sometimes, maybe once in 2-3 days of long playing (5-6 hours).
    That's pretty interesting, observation there. I wonder why? Maybe the cache getting too large?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

To the modding machine they call Soul Firez.

The 31 factions is now available to download please see the OP of this thread

DEAR ALL

HELLO. Does this submod-, overwrite the KGC4.2 ? And hence... when i launch KGC all the new updated features of this submod come into play? I would like to know this before installing part1 and 2 of this submod.

Thanks!!

J

Yes it is a submod of KGCM so it will over write KGCM if you wish to still have the original you can makea copy of the kgcm folder on to your desktop and then just swap folders when you wish to play original version and or Hordes Heroes & beyond

Hey Soul Firez.

Thanks mate ! And so.. one last remark. The submod... since it consists of a large file! Im assuming that it greatly enhances the KGC4.2 eh? What is your 'advice'?

Are there dismounted Templars/Hospitallers Knights... ?

Best

J

There are dismounted templars and hospitalers and yes its 2 quite large files as it contains a great many skins and new models scripts and many other things to add to KGCM. Alot of heroes with there own strat and battle map models etc etc . Advice be prepared it is a very hard vision of KGCM you will be tested like never before

Just downloaded, gonna take this for a spin tonight. I've never really played Medieval II, always been so fussy about all the different mods, something has usually irked me. But from what I can see here, the AI really builds armies up and fights, and as I'm a fan of Medieval I (and by extension, of hating on Nvidia/CA because of the later video cards totally breaking that old classic), I see comparisons (back then, the AI loved building large armies and causing mayhem). I might also try me some Aztecs (I wants me some Jaguar Warriors ).

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I think I owe you about a thousand reps Soul. Forever have I been whining about wanting the Apaches and a balanced France and so on and so forth, and you've seen my requests and raised us all with the Timurids.

This mod is really really cool. Having a BIG map, and many historical information.. it does provide a very compelling game.

Hey Soul. If its not too much work.... if u had to add the 'Church of the Holy Sepulcher' and 'Dome of the Rock' in Jerusalem, and other Holistic Places in other cities. Would that be troublesome?

And perhaps attach some attributes to them. i.e., being a christian and demolishing the dome of the rock makes all Islamic factions abysmal. And vice versa. Destroying Holy Sepulcher, makes Catholics abysmal.

Im sure that there are equal important structures in other cities. Constantinople? Paris?

Thanks... You're a great Mod Developer . You worked this out ?

J