Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

yeah ive been weary of an attack on my mainland. I cant afford much of an army yet so my homeland garrisons are very thin. It seems I can either spend money on building or units, not able to do both. Unitl I recently took edinburgh and got some cash from a HRE ceasefire I wasnt able to upgrade my ports and markets. One thing I hope deters an invasion is my terror campaign on the hre when they invaded nottingham. I gave up a ransom of 5000+ florin which is a lot for me atm to execute one of the family members who was like a 7 star general. So hopefully others beware. lol

Well things are settling down into two camps now: Ireland, France, Scotland, The Papal States, Milan, Spain, Denmark, and Poland versus England, HRE, and Wales. There are some possible alliance breakers left out there with Norway just coming to peace with Denmark and Portugal and Spain coming to peace. It was basically a situation like WW1. A lot of alliances went to the wayside as soon as people started attacking. Now it seems things are balancing out more historically. I think France and HRE allied originally because england maybe took antwerp, then once that fell to the french the HRE left the alliance when France went to war with another ally of the HRE. I was tryin not to ally with France because I wanted to eventually invade France and bring all historically Celtic lands under Irish domain. However, they do say keep your enemies closer dont they
    Last edited by chris7ian; January 10, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Good Heavens that's a large download! Will have to make sure I'm allowed to before I can get it and play it (I usually have to wait until the Internet is almost capped for the month before downloading anything 100mb+). Might not be able to wait, looks great my friend!

I trully think you will enjoy the campaign and all the features it contains

Reminder for those who have downloaded it please download the AI improvement package (this is a tiny download that will make a huge difference and is save game compatable with saves of this submod)

I believe this will rectify the strange ctd chris7ian was getting in some battles.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; January 10, 2010 at 06:41 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Trying to download with MegeManager, and keep getting Error 503.

Will keep trying, might take a while though yet
    *Wolfie!

Are you using there mega manager download tool i believe it is worth it for the ease of download

when you have it rememeber to now download that tiny little file held on the first post extract and click to install Master Miikill has done another amazing leap

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Ok it's downloading fine now, but it's going really slow, is there any way to make downloads faster cuz my PC is really fast so it really shouldn't be going this slow...
    *Wolfie!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

It may just be the download site.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Great work SF, hope to download soon.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Have now downloaded,

Just wondering where I install the files to, just don't want to get it wrong!
    I guess it would be the main m2tw folder...
    Last edited by Wolfie; January 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    *Wolfie!

If you didnt change the initial install of med2 then you need to do nothing other than click to install(next and then start ) if you changed the install of med2 then yes you need to point the installer to the location you installed med2

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Ok good, it is installing now
    Have also got the AI improvements downloaded so I will be playing it soon hopefully

Thanks for the good work
    *Wolfie!

Ok i hope you enjoy but i am actually about to put up a secondary improved AI file the first will be for a more defensive campaign ai one that will build very large stacks and defend its borders will attack but it builds first then attacks.

The second is for those braver it is much more proactive in attacking so when you end at war with them they will stretch to make you pay they will invade by land and sea in an attempt to take you down i feel this will give people a choice of how they wish there campaigns to play

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Sounds like another good improvement

With the secondary improved AI file, will we have to delete the previous file, or should it just overwrite them?
    *Wolfie!

they will always overwrite each other you have the installer you can try both (the changes are save game compatable so test see how you like to play

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Very much enjoying the campaign
    Have started a campaign with England on very hard and have started nicely with building up my settlements.

Also have taken Cardiff thanks to winning a huge battle early on
    but the Pope have stopped me from assualting Caernarvon with a threat of being excommunicated

Found it hard to negotiate an alliance with the Pope like I always did before to prevent being excommunicated so I guess I should listen to the Pope now

Liking it very much so far and really recommend having this download
    *Wolfie!

Glad your enjoying it wolfie which Ai did you go defensive or agressive as england i would recomend agressive as this will have you island invaded by sea by many factions you may upset and trully challenge you

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Haven't had time to install yet, but I think I'll not be able to resist a campaign as the Aztecs, and am looking forward to the Old World invading me!

`Brave man very brave they will come staggered but come they will (specially on the agressie Ai package) what happens in the old world (europe) will very much decide your fate for if the factions who come are doing well in the old world you will soon see ships of troops sailing to your shore if you dont see them off quickly . But if you want to challenge yourself dont see them off quickly give the AI time to set up and you will end with a campaign that will be Unique

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Only have the defensive AI in at the moment.

Will download and give the aggressive AI a go, more of a challenge
    *Wolfie!

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Hello Wolfie...

Don't discount the "Defensive AI".... I'll use this analogy...the "Aggressive AI" is like an avalanche rolling down the mountain. The "Defensive AI" is like a lava flow, slow, steady and inexorable. In the end they will both swallow you up, if you are not careful....

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte