Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

And one thing.... The issue of 'heroes' i.e., Richard the Lionheart. Philip, Saladin (i noticed he is Sultan of Egypt), Nur al Din, and Barbarossa... do they ALL appear in HHB ? Is it that Richard the lionheart is King of UK ? But does he appear to help the Kingdom of Jerusalem?

Thanks.... i thing Heroes is an ESSENTIAL part of it all eh ? hence its name. Thanks Soul

J

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

some bug I found
    not sure what cause but I thinking about cache

when I choose a faction and play it long
    after that I quit my camp and start another campaign of Byzantium(not quit game)
    the game model mess up
    everything move to othersplace
    the shield in upgrade armor unit disappear and a lot of thing happen quite funny
    when I quit that campaign it report that I encounter a error and game crash
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Sorry dont understand one word of what you just wrote can you please explain what you mean i have gone in and out of so many campaigns back and fourth and experienced no such thing if i am at all understanding what your talking about

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

ok I start the mod
    I play a Flander Camp for several hours(more than 8 hours because I keep computer running while I sleep)
    I quit the camp(haven't quit game)
    I play another camp(Byzantium)
    game appear many model buggy example like the shield for upgraded unit disappear and button become st I don't know how to explain
    I quit the camp
    game crash(haven't quit game)

Dear Soul.

Did u ask me, that i confused you? i simply ask for two things..

1. Campaign map of ALL KGC and/or HHB available online?

2. Do the heroes, Richard, Philip, come in 1190 to help Kingdom of Jerusalem? and antioch?

J

@joseph some of those heropes are starting men eg richard the lion hearted as for them coming to the aidf of KOJ or antioch well if the pope calls a crusade (usually does inside the first 30 turns ) then yes more than likely these people will join . KOj has its own hero to aid in attacks by egypt namely balian of ibelian .

@vietnah well thats a little out of normal use of the game run a campaign for 8 hours then run another can you get it to happen again and supply a log cause no chance from the discription you give (and to be honest sounds more like a glitch caused by playing longer than even vanillia directions in the book tell you to lol who plays for 8 hours straight??) but if you can supply me with a log from during this wierd happening i may be able to see if there is any fault there .

Oh as for an online map of the whole place i dont think one exists to be honnest , i wouldnt normally recomend cheating but just to get acustomed to where the settlements are try just once turning fog of war off and just examining the map for a few minutes to get a good general feel for where things are.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; March 01, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Can anyone tell me in which situations the best units are increased in the enemy city? If I besiege a city suddenly it's soldier slots get full. Thank you.

that is the garrison script its in normal KGCM to basicly any major target city or castle(not all just the important ones) the Ai is given a garrison to defend themselves so that you cant blitz the AI as quickly so basicvly your not going to storm a facti9ons capital cause it only has a couple units in it they will have a 3/4 stack appear in its defense .

Once activated though it will be 10 rounds before that city can again summon a army to defend it .

Dear Soul.

Thanks for d reply ! Does Balain have a special ability like the rest besides the normal horn?

Also.... Two things. Could it be that William Wallace historical event appeared in 1193 or 1194 yet... In the event it says 1314 !! Or is it me?

One final thing... I'm not getting any jihad against me. Yet. BUT I'm still 1194..... Does the jihad work consistent in AI ?

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    @vietnah well thats a little out of normal use of the game run a campaign for 8 hours then run another can you get it to happen again and supply a log cause no chance from the discription you give (and to be honest sounds more like a glitch caused by playing longer than even vanillia directions in the book tell you to lol who plays for 8 hours straight??) but if you can supply me with a log from during this wierd happening i may be able to see if there is any fault there .
    you better in hell soul fire
    how could I make a bug appear when I not create it(am I)
    it is only one time happen since the first time I play TW game
    even ETW sometime I go to sleep when my PC still running the game

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

No, he's not saying you made the bug, he's asking you to try and recreate the bug and then provide him with a log, so he can analyse it and figure out the problem.

Yes i didnt say you made the bug i merely asked if you could redo it and supply a log so i could see what was happening as it is not a normal condition i can recreate

yeah i have had the AI auto run campaigns for more than 1 day straight but i have then changed campaign to test something else and nothing like this happened so i am asking for you to do it again and when it does this quit and supply the log here so i can analyse it.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; March 02, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Hi, i've wondering to ask this. In a castle siege event, there's 2 type of win condition right? One is you kill all the enemies and their reinforcement (if any), and second, you storm the town square/plaza and hold it for around 3 minutes right?

But the "hold the town plaza" didnt work with the mod. I stormed a castle plaza coz i was outnumbered and set up my defense there, but there's no counter appears even when there's no enemy anywhere near the plaza. Is it suppose to be this way? Coz sometimes the reinforcement stuck outside and just stand there idly, so i thought i just take the plaza and hold it.

that is the garrison script its in normal KGCM to basicly any major target city or castle(not all just the important ones) the Ai is given a garrison to defend themselves so that you cant blitz the AI as quickly so basicvly your not going to storm a facti9ons capital cause it only has a couple units in it they will have a 3/4 stack appear in its defense .

Once activated though it will be 10 rounds before that city can again summon a army to defend it .
    Thank you very much Soul. Also I am just wondering. I have been playing this game for 4 days and now the date is 1248.. So when the Timurids are comming? Are they comming in a particular date or turn count?

The ability to storm the centre and hold it has been removed as it was never very realistic and allowed for a cheap victory over a major settlement.

strange the AI got stuck outside as the AI has really been bumped up to support with intelligent moves i dont think you will see this failure to move often if again .

The timurids are quite late event mate they dont come until after the gunpowder event as theycome with medieval rocket launches elephants with cannons and gun men on them etc all the stuff in the late era as was historical

The ability to storm the centre and hold it has been removed as it was never very realistic and allowed for a cheap victory over a major settlement.

strange the AI got stuck outside as the AI has really been bumped up to support with intelligent moves i dont think you will see this failure to move often if again .

The timurids are quite late event mate they dont come until after the gunpowder event as theycome with medieval rocket launches elephants with cannons and gun men on them etc all the stuff in the late era as was historical
    So, what if I change the progress in the descr.txt like 1 turn is 2 years. Are there any probabilities that might occurs a crash in the game? I know if I do this it's not gonna effect my current game and save files; I have to start the game again.

You want to convert 1 turn from being 6 months to being 2 years yes you would need to start a new game but if you were to do that you might want to speed up building times growth rates movement rates etc to match the new time frame other wise you will get to the gunpowder era without the buildings required to use gunpowder you will need to change time frame in the descr_strat and also you will need to change scripting for the generals to age properly (i have never done it that way i have alwauys worked on making more turns per year not less but i can look into it for you if you like unless you already know.

Edit if its purely to see the timurids in action you can go to the very last script in the campaign script and just move there arival forward (will give them an advantage as they will be only ones with gunpowder lol but they will really rock the middle east then .
    Last edited by Soul Firez; March 04, 2010 at 02:00 AM.

really surprise
    I play as Milan
    and this is the first time I lost 3 straight battle when siege Bologna since the first time play with garrison scripts
    3 assault and 3 lost
    after the 4th I finally taken it

did you shorten the battle limit time?
    I lost just because out of time

Nope time limit for battle is un altered i guess the tougher defenses must have just kept you fighting longer than you usually do but isnt it nice to lose a bit once in a while makes you strive harder and i bet you trully enjoyed the victory you had in the end

It seem that enemy hold me out longer than normal and my bad habit use too many archer/crossbow in siege make the battle longer
    defend siege city battle Ai quite strange
    they don't concentrate on the center but move their army to all the gate and stay there until I break through one of the defend force at a gate then advance to center
    if I mobile my cavalry fast enough I can attack at least 2 AI ways back to center and easy capture they as prisoner

because avoid my habit I switch to play Scotland they nowhere near st call "good archer" so I force myseft to use more infantry
    Also encounter a strange bug seem cause by game engine
    normally if I destroy(about 60%) 2 part of a wall(between 2 tower) any unit stand in middle of those part will die
    but I make a whole squad of norse swordman and some norse archer die with out touch them

see the pic

p/s: I hate the yellow color in my Scotland units I also cheat a bit to see what will happen if I get in war with other faction
    Hugh O'neil is a big FAIL I charge him to death by my king BG right at the turn he appear
    seem that I shorten his career from 9 years to one day
    Last edited by vietanh797; March 04, 2010 at 12:20 PM.