Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Moderator Edit- be aware that this has not yet been updated for use with KGCM 4.3. What I'd advise is if you wish to play this game, install 3.0, then 4.2 and then HHB; DO NOT install 4.3 as well.

Ok well first i apologise RL took me away from completing this for much longer than it should have taken

features of submod NOW WITH 31 FACTIONS(added apacheans for the new world flanders for europe and added back the timurids for the middle east )

1}Hording and re emerging factions
    2 }invasion of the new world
    3} historic characters with own events, strat and battle models
    4 }strat map art
    5} skins and models of units
    6} some small balancing mechanics changes(its not far from the original intent of dave merely a slight adjustment for factions that historicly would have done a little better and dont in AI hands).
    7} and probably most important the first oficial release for KGCM 4.2 of an XAI product i would say its 3.4 but in truth its more like somewhere between 3.4 and the work thats been done to make 4.0 , with Miikills continued support i would like to continue to update this part as it is solidily tested to continue to give you the most interesting and chalenging campaigns possible. Warning this is not beta file it is very well tested to provide a campaign you will not soon forget are you brave enough
    8 }a diplomacy that will make it much harder for you to exploit the AI for finacially and for victory (but when you do get alliances they will be alot stronger
    9} faction symbols and menu works
    10 } a few more surprises i hope you will enjoy and know may trip up your campaign (such as acsent fix for ireland wales etc)

Thanks and credit
    Thanks and credit must be given to Miikill and the whole XAI team (you guys know who you are)
    burresk for some skins (many more done by me also ) CBUR for there byzantiumn work Eothese for the pope Taro_m for his model used for robin(had my own but i saw his was well much better)
    Agart for his strat map work (i added one more piece of my own ) Y2day for parts of his VIP(not all faction symbols are his about a 1/3 are and all his amazing menu works your the bomb master Y2day)
    Musculus maximus for a few more faction symbols(another 1/3 of them )

Finally a big thanks to coffee which allowed me to stay up and do this work ( and go nuts testing and bug fixing)

The Future
    this is not the end i plan continued work on this more heroes/villians soon more factions to play with continued AI improvements as the genious team arive at them (and there tested and tweaked to suit the mod) and am open to suggestions of features that you the players would like to see in the game ( i have to like them to cause well i am the silly fool doing the work )
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS- This needs KGCM 4.2 installed and working first
    Firstly for the stability in the menu faction selection screen you must delete custom maps (i found the more of these the quicker the mod crashed when you selected factions looking at each faction doing this allows you to click as many factions as you want and it will not crash EVER) go to this file c:\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and delete all the maps files that are atached to a faction eg map_england map_france etc etc . i have included an old style map to cover all factions.

The install comes in 2 parts located below are the mgaupload locations of the files required install the first one first then the second one you guessed it second(reverse this order and you will destroy the game its simple the first link you down load and install then the second!!!!)

each part comes with an easy to use installer merely click next to install thats it !!!( people who previously had heroes hordes and beyond do not need to redownload and install the first part go directly to the second part to complete installation as the first part has remained the same.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JG0MCPN part1 (This site has been closed)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=970OL5VJ part2 (This site has been closed)

Download the three parts and then extract them into your C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder and then download and install the bug fix file located at the bottom of this post.

HHB Part1.rar
    HHB Part2.rar
    HHB Part3.rar

New Links to MEGA file sharing site:
    HHB Part 1
    HHB Part 2
    HHB Part 3

This has been tested by myself and mikll and is thus far bug free report any bugs here so i can fix any that may happen(they shouldnt .) but there is a bug fix file located at the bottom of this thread that has the one file missed in installation install this(it comes like part1&2 with an installer merely click next to install.)THIS FILE MUST BE INSTALLED, any errors that are found if any i will update the bug fix file and post a warning to all to re apply the bug fix file

I hope you enjoy (dont forget to rep Miikill every time you nearly or do lose and me if you like the work )

here are the instructions by achillia a far better tut writer than me

GAMER INSTRUCTIONS: by Achilla
    Step-by-step cache disabling procedure for Med2

1) Go into the directories of all (read: NO EXCEPTIONS) installed modifications for M2TW (by default: ~\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\mod of your choice) and add these lines to the top part of the config (.cfg) files:

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

2) go into the ~/data/world/maps/base directory and delete the map.rwm file in every mod directory where you've installed XAI ; you'll have to delete this file each time you upgrade your existing XCAI (campaign AI) installation.

3) Start the game, and start a new campaign or you can load a game. The map.rwm file will be created and load the newest files to memory. Recreating map.rwm takes time! especially when the first campaign is loading ; once the file is recreated no additional loading time will take place.

4) You are ready to play! Dark Force be with you!

If you have an older system, or experience too long of slow downs with game play (not initial load times, or map.rwm files) then you need to do these additional steps.

5) exit out of the game.

6) Delete the map.rwm file again.

7) enable the cache in the .cfg file

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = false

8) start up the game and go play, your cache is now enabled and using the latest and greatest of the files.

(If for some reason your caches does not clear, stop at step 4, and reboot your computer and delete the map.rwm file again.)

It is our recommendation to you guys as players, if you notice changes in game play in a mod. to go though this procedure. You should do this when switching between mods you play, and definitely after installing a new one.
    The reason for this, is because the cache is shared. The generation of the map.rwm file is the key to loading the cache. It must be done!

(a person could add a line in the launching .bat file to delete the map.rwm file for the mod, to make it easy

HHB no garrison script:
    Link to HHB no garrison script
    Last edited by Stylix; November 27, 2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added links to MEGA site

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Default Re: Heores Hordes & beyond

I tried to rep you but i must spread some love elsewhere it says... I will as soon as i can. Im going to update now and give you some feedback tomorrow. Who knows I might stay up all night and play it.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

+rep man! You deserve it.

Messege for chris7ian
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    why not pass that rep on to me

Was able to rep you both

Citizen

Thanks for the rep!

Rep fight!
    The Holy Pilgrim hits chris7ian for one rep!

np well deserved in my opinion. you always help out when people have questions

Citizen

Thanks chris7ian!

Btw, what heroes does this mod add?

See the first post of the historic characters ideas and progress thread for a large number of the heroes/villians more have been added though

PS that post doesnt show the level of the finished product of the heroes it was a work in progress that if you look through shows the development of said heroes/villians i merely updated a list of heroes covered there so people could easily see where i was in regards to them .
    Last edited by Soul Firez; January 08, 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Citizen

Cool! Looks great! Can't wait to play

Let's hot seat this mother ASAP!!!!

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Looks like some great work and enjoy playing it

Will get it downloaded tomorrow

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

I think i might have found a bug. I have been ctd in the middle of the same battle several times now. The year is Winter 1187 and i have 4 turns per year script if that matters. I am Ireland and I'm attacking England outside of Caernarfon, captured by the English previously. I attack some troops outside the castle and when the garrison come to reinforce the game ctd's. As soon as I figure out how to read the error logs or find them for that matter I will post the details of the crash. Anyone know how please post for me where to find them. Thx guys and I love it Soul, Ireland is the !!!

Citizen

Can you post the error log? Maybe Soul Firez or I (or some other experienced modder) can fix it.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any chance of some screenshots SF?

@ chris7ian nope a script will not affect mid battle crash very very strange indeed.

Anyway as soon as you get your log please post the last 5 lines of the log as this will generally point straight to the problem also it may help to provide the last 5 lines of the script logging (this does check AI scripting incase a particular order is causing this . Darn i have tested this hugely and even had miikill test before i uploaded the sight so i could make sure this wouldnt happen LOL fear not we will get to the bottom of it though.

i should have said it is always a good idea to turn off any anti virus when making these sort of downloads(dont worry i am not loading you a virus LOL but turn it back on when download done) as many anti virus programs can corupt files .

@IB what sort of screenies you want to see skins heroes faction symbols ?? i was hoping at this point to have seen some by the people who have downloaded it (all 18 of you so far
    Last edited by Soul Firez; January 09, 2010 at 02:25 PM.

Like i said in other post it only happened once (multiple times in one specific battle, not in different battle scenarios). I save my campaign there so i can go back and get the same crash to happen then I continued on after simulating and made another save so I could make sure its not happening in other battles. So far so good. I dont know much about this but its the only time ive fought armoured seageants and dismounted feudal knights (i think the name is different but the english version) from england. Maybe something with those particular units is causing the crash? As soon as I get the log ill post it.

EDIT: @Soul I reloaded it after i pasted what you said to the cfg file (medieval2.preferences) and it didnt crash this time. I guess its a problem on my end. If i have any more problems I post back but I wouldnt worry about it since I havent had any other problems. Prolly just my crappy computer.
    Last edited by chris7ian; January 09, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

I ctd again on a different battle. Here is the lines from my system.log:

17:21:42.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/waypoint_marker.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:42.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/battlefield_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:42.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/deployment_area_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:42.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#splash_ring.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:42.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#water_drop.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:42.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#weather.tga.dds is missing
    17:23:38.984 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Ok lets move this back to your post about error logging as well this may take a bit and i would rather not fill 2 pages here with this LOL.

First of again though this log is not actually pointing to any error cause sadly please read my posts in your thread and there supply the other log (there will be 3 logs when you put that cfg setting in the KGCM cfg not medievals as it wont do anything for KGCM logging in there )

But at this point i am still heading down corrupt download due to it not being any one solid item , basicly had it been something solid it would always crash on said event or troop being used i need some sleep but i am going to try uploading some files for you to install as i think you have fritzed yours on download.

As far as my problem goes, could it possibly be because I lower my graphics? I turned them back up and haven't had a ctd. I did lower them before my first ctd.

Here are some screenies of my Ireland campaign. I didn't capture all of Souls artwork but they will give you some idea of the gameplay. I will update as I continue on.

Ireland 1183 http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...cdbc064796.png
    Ireland 1185 http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...a921763730.png
    Ireland 1187 http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...9ae7c06d74.png
    Ireland 1189 http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...31999573f3.png
    Ireland 1191 http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...2bd9c5bdb1.png
    Ireland 1193??? http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...e321b9601d.png
    Robin of Locksley and his Sherwood Archers http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...cd277be9e1.png
    The death of Robin Hood http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...47d3972a54.png
    German, Danish, Rebel, and Polish campaign map banners http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...cb57bcba06.png
    Scottish campaign map banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...d97294bbf8.png
    Lithuanian banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...05707c9287.png
    Another rebel banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...726c0df266.png
    Turkish banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...3400840f66.png
    Balian of Ibelin http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...1a1ddd154b.png
    Byzantines banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...bd668b46e3.png
    Castile, Portugal and French banners http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...5353a99424.png
    Moors and another Rebel banner http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...fa7615cc45.png
    Faction selection screen http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...1969a714ac.png

My intial thoughts on Soul's sub mod are that it is very well done. If you prefer a lot of action right off from the start then you should definitely check this out. The Papal States are very aggressive. The aztecs have already conquered all of the Americas by 1192, so no more cruising over there and stacking merchants on the gold resource without having a fight.

More nations are seafaring. France at one point owned Ajaccio, the Moors control Cagliari, Germans have fought the English in England. Aztecs have went to war with England and Germany (naval only i believe).

Nations who lost their king seem more willing to ally with a former foe. England and Germany were at war and now Allied in less than 40 turns.

Spain, Italy, the Isles, the Balkans, the Baltic, and the Holy Land are all hotbeds of activity 30 turns in. The Papacy has been at war with HRE, Milan, Venice, Sicily and the Byzantines. England has been at war with Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France, Germany, and the Aztecs. Jerusalem has been sacked by the Turks. Antioch is at war with the Byzantines, Egypt, Moors and Turks and the same for Jerusalem. The Mongols are at war with Jerusalem and Antioch and Kiev. Lithuania is at war with Kiev as well which I found to be surprising. The Danes and Norwegians are at war. Basically everone is at war and will be interesting to see how the hordes will work out once some of the weaker nations get eliminated.
    Last edited by chris7ian; January 09, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Hmmm thats a little to much war maybe are there any good aliances happening ( it is ment to be quite explosive but in a stable way not world war.

But as need arises many factions will and should war and then declare peace with each other (thats quite historical ) specially as you noted with the loss of the king a new ruler is more likely to have different standings so thats all working well (sighs)good to see the heroes are making apearances now if we can get this mid battle ctd sorted all will be well

Edit ps on note of your campaign (glad your enjoying it minus this strange mid battle crash) watch your back door as you have noted naval invasion is common i have seen england sail around ireland to hit cities in the back which where lower defended rather than face your frontline forces. Also diplomacy is key if they gain a strong supporter possible norway or even spain they to will sail to your lands and have a piece of you at englands call make every step you take count for it is a much more open flowing (dangerous campaign )
    Last edited by Soul Firez; January 09, 2010 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast