Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Thanks mate. Gonna have my work cut out for me adapting this to RR/RC. I've looked at your EDB and how you haven't gone totally mad is beyond me!
    Hello Caesar!! Is compatibility with Basileia ton Romaion too much to ask for??

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos Fokas View Post
    Hello Caesar!! Is compatibility with Basileia ton Romaion too much to ask for??
    We'll see after I've done the 6.2 and RR/RC versions.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Thanks mate. Gonna have my work cut out for me adapting this to RR/RC. I've looked at your EDB and how you haven't gone totally mad is beyond me!
    Who says I haven't gone totally mad? Here at the institution for M2TW survivors they only let me post after receiving my 'medication'.

We'll see after I've done the 6.2 and RR/RC versions.
    Thanks mate!! I guess there is some hope then!!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Who says I haven't gone totally mad? Here at the institution for M2TW survivors they only let me post after receiving my 'medication'.
    Hmmm...I might need to get them to reserve a bed for me

Updated the first post with a (minor) feature I forgot to mention:

Updated eastern European portrait selection

Generals for eastern European factions will no longer be wearing full plate armour in their portraits.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 10, 2010 at 07:13 PM.

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Yup EDB editing is *fun* although fully rewriting the export_buildings comes close, can you reserve a bed for me as well?

I still havent downloaded this since I do not want to get Rusichi and BC bugged again (and SS seems to do just that). CC could you perhaps give me your changes in units and your Swedish roster?
    Last edited by EarendilElenthol; January 11, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Fixed all but two bugs/issues that have been reported so far, so I'll be posting a patch in the next day or so. Still can't get Swedish generals to have any prebattle speeches. I did notice that Norway doesn't either...not sure if that helps or not

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    I still havent downloaded this since I do not want to get Rusichi and BC bugged again (and SS seems to do just that). CC could you perhaps give me your changes in units and your Swedish roster?
    I'll post them in the BC development thread when I get a chance mate.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Caesar,
    As for the General's speeches for Norway, when I played Norway on 6.1 last year, that was the exact problem I had, but no matter what I tried with assistance from Santiago De Pola, none of it worked. I have no idea how you create a new faction, but did you clone them from Norway?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks Caesar for taking over the project. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Can't wait to play!!
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

Hey CC,
    I am at turn 90 with my current campaign using Novgorod(my only campaign so far). I just wanted to mention that HRE are also dominating so far.

I am not suggested they need to be nerfed. I just noticed that someone else had mentioned HRE were wreaking havoc.

I think there is a fine line, if there are never any other superpowers then the game could become stale in the later stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar,
    As for the General's speeches for Norway, when I played Norway on 6.1 last year, that was the exact problem I had, but no matter what I tried with assistance from Santiago De Pola, none of it worked. I have no idea how you create a new faction, but did you clone them from Norway?
    That's interesting. No I didn't clone Sweden from Norway, I pretty much just overwrote the Ireland entries. I'll keep plugging away at it and hopefully something will click

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanB View Post
    Hey CC,
    I am at turn 90 with my current campaign using Novgorod(my only campaign so far). I just wanted to mention that HRE are also dominating so far.

I am not suggested they need to be nerfed. I just noticed that someone else had mentioned HRE were wreaking havoc.

I think there is a fine line, if there are never any other superpowers then the game could become stale in the later stages.
    Thanks mate.

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

Hey CC I was just wondering what the reasoning was behind removing the Kievan Nobles and Kievan Palace Guard from the (obviously) Kiev roster? Strictly historical, or just did not mesh with the Rusichi units?

CC...
    I am looking forward to play this mod...
    I have browsed around this web site to find some other mod other than the " SS 6.2," (which is by far the #1 mod ever)
    I have even downloaded DLV (did not like...) and this is the only one that really appeals to me!
    I will rate this #2...

Sincerly,
    nonnob3

Quote Originally Posted by Lukianos View Post
    Hey CC I was just wondering what the reasoning was behind removing the Kievan Nobles and Kievan Palace Guard from the (obviously) Kiev roster? Strictly historical, or just did not mesh with the Rusichi units?
    Kievan Nobles were removed because they were superfluous given that Boyars could fill the same role. The Kievan Palace Guard were removed because they didn't fit in with what I wanted the Kievan roster to be (i.e. with the focus on mounted archers rather than heavy infantry).

So have you started a campaign with Kiev? If so, I'd love some feedback as to how the new roster goes in terms of balance and utility

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Woah thanks a lot for this mod. Im way into my swedish campaign and Its awesome! still a lot of silver/transperent generals/captains in scandinavia but it does'nt really bother me.

One question though and sorry if its already asked and answered but where when and how do you recruit the merchant gotland axemen? probobly in Visby but they does'nt show on the buildning browser. I guess im just unpatient... anyway i love the swedish rooster and the campaign map is again, awesome. cheers
    Last edited by Aguirre; January 11, 2010 at 05:01 PM.

Glad you're having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    Woah thanks a lot for this mod. Im way into my swedish campaign and Its awesome! still a lot of silver/transperent generals/captains in scandinavia but it does'nt really bother me.
    Those will be fixed in the patch

One question though and sorry if its already asked and answered but where when and how do you recruit the merchant gotland axemen? probobly in Visby but they does'nt show on the buildning browser. I guess im just unpatient... anyway i love the swedish rooster and the campaign map is again, awesome. cheers
    You recruit them from the city barracks, not in castles

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Ok that calmed me. thanks again!

How you doing with the patch preparations by the way??

Coming along nicely. Every bug that has been reported to me so far has been fixed...except for the no prebattle speeches for Sweden. However it looks like any faction added in doesn't have prebattle speeches.

Coming along nicely. Every bug that has been reported to me so far has been fixed...except for the no prebattle speeches for Sweden. However it looks like any faction added in doesn't have prebattle speeches.
    Thanks my friend!! Any plans for release??