Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrvalg View Post
    Does clean SS 6.1 (without any submods) work?
    I've just made a fresh install to check. Yes, SS 6.1 does work. After having checked that, I've installed SSTC 1.0, patch 1.2 and the hotfix, and then Baltic 2, and I have the same problem again as before. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, guys, and I sure don't want to moan. Just would like to play this grand mod, so please advise.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; January 10, 2010 at 04:49 AM.

Well, I've been having a blast playing this mod. Again I would like to give a big thank you to everyone involved.

I love the map and the changes done to the settlements. My only beef is that I don't know how high I can build a settlement until I reach the pop limit and then there is no upgrade.

Great job CC and team!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanB View Post
    I love the map and the changes done to the settlements. My only beef is that I don't know how high I can build a settlement until I reach the pop limit and then there is no upgrade.
    Glad you're having fun. Yeah not knowing in advance which settlements can be upgraded and which can't was something I thought of when I was implementing that system. Unfortunately I couldn't think of any workaround to let the player know in advance which can and which cant apart from writing out a list.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    I've just made a fresh install to check. Yes, SS 6.1 does work. After having checked that, I've installed SSTC 1.0, patch 1.2 and the hotfix, and then Baltic 2, and I have the same problem again as before. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, guys, and I sure don't want to moan. Just would like to play this grand mod, so please advise.
    I think, it would be better to verify that problem is with BftB, not with SSTC (yep, I know, another reinstall is painful).
    And if you post some log...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Yeah not knowing in advance which settlements can be upgraded and which can't was something I thought of when I was implementing that system. Unfortunately I couldn't think of any workaround to let the player know in advance which can and which cant apart from writing out a list.
    May be, like it was made in Viking Invasion II?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

11:42:54.546 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:42:54.546 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    11:42:54.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:42:54.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:42:54.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:42:54.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:42:54.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:42:54.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:44:04.640 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Battle_for_the_Baltic_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6632, column 44
    problem with faction_standings, probably an incorrect faction string
    11:46:30.468 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrvalg View Post
    I think, it would be better to verify that problem is with BftB, not with SSTC (yep, I know, another reinstall is painful).
    And if you post some log...

I hope you can make some sense out of it, Abryvalg.

There's nothing in that log that would be causing battles to not load. Does SS6.1 with SSTC work ok before you load BftB? Because before I released the beta, I was having a problem with getting any battles to load properly and it was due to SSTC not being installed properly.

11:44:04.640 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Battle_for_the_Baltic_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6632, column 44
    problem with faction_standings, probably an incorrect faction string
    I had this error but I fixed it opening the file, using the "go to line" option. You'll see the empty line 6632. Add any faction (no repeat), for example Mongols or Poland after the -1.00, like other lines. This will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benyi View Post
    I had this error but I fixed it opening the file, using the "go to line" option. You'll see the empty line 6632. Add any faction (no repeat), for example Mongols or Poland after the -1.00, like other lines. This will fix it.
    Thank you, Benyi, but I'm sorry to say that doesn't work for me.

Can you attach your file here, please? I'll take a look on it. This fix has worked for me a lot of times.

There's nothing in that log that would be causing battles to not load. Does SS6.1 with SSTC work ok before you load BftB? Because before I released the beta, I was having a problem with getting any battles to load properly and it was due to SSTC not being installed properly.
    PROBLEM SOLVED! And you are right, SSTC wasn't installed properly, although I did nothing wrong. What I did now was creating a new empty file, I did install SSTC 1.0, patch to 1.2 and the hotfix in it, and then copied it into my Medieval 2 folder. After that I did exactly the same with BftB 2. And it works. Apparently the files didn't install themselves properly with the direct installment to Medieval 2, although the path was definitely correct. Now I can start playing your superb mod, Caesar Clivus. What a great job. That map is gorgeous! Thank you and all the people who gave their time and energy for it.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; January 10, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benyi View Post
    Can you attach your file here, please? I'll take a look on it. This fix has worked for me a lot of times.
    Benyi, thank you for your willingness to help. Fortunately the problem is solved now by the solution I described above. But I appreciate your kind offer to help a lot!

Benyi, thank you for your willingness to help. Fortunately the problem is solved now by the solution I described above. But I appreciate your kind offer to help a lot!
    Very good

I'm glad for your success. And this trouble maybe my problem too. Going to try it.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

CC I wanted to ask if you will, somehow, nerf HRE... It becomes superpower in every campaign I start and they produce so much that the fact that HRE always becomes a steamroller is like law ...
    Last edited by Mr. Sorrow; January 10, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Glad you're having fun. Yeah not knowing in advance which settlements can be upgraded and which can't was something I thought of when I was implementing that system. Unfortunately I couldn't think of any workaround to let the player know in advance which can and which cant apart from writing out a list.
    I think that you can distinguish settlements that upgrade from ones that can't by looking at the building browser. If the region has the full_development hidden resource, you will be able to see all levels of wall upgrades in the building browser; if that resource is lacking, then the large_town or castle level walls will be missing. (But the higher levels will still be in the browser) If the town also lacks the town_development hidden resource, then the town or wooden_wall level of wall will also be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    CC I wanted to ask if you will, somehow, nerf HRE... It becomes superpower in every campaign I start and they produce so much that the fact that HRE always becomes a steamroller is like law ...
    I've played several campaigns where the HRE started getting totally owned. They were holding their own against Poland and then Denmark declared war and in the space of a few turns, the Danes controlled all the HRE's north cost and even captured Brandenburg.

It is something I am concerned about however. I'd like to get more peoples' opinions on this

PROBLEM SOLVED! And you are right, SSTC wasn't installed properly, although I did nothing wrong. What I did now was creating a new empty file, I did install SSTC 1.0, patch to 1.2 and the hotfix in it, and then copied it into my Medieval 2 folder. After that I did exactly the same with BftB 2. And it works. Apparently the files didn't install themselves properly with the direct installment to Medieval 2, although the path was definitely correct. Now I can start playing your superb mod, Caesar Clivus. What a great job. That map is gorgeous! Thank you and all the people who gave their time and energy for it.
    Done and fixed it.

The installation must be step by step on a separate folder and copying/pasting on the original folder. As Aragorn and CC said.

Congratulations CAesar, the Campaign map is really awesome.

Glad you and Aragorn got it working. Have fun

Way to go CC! Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Way to go CC! Great work.
    Thanks mate. Gonna have my work cut out for me adapting this to RR/RC. I've looked at your EDB and how you haven't gone totally mad is beyond me!