Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Not at this stage means due to my future project considerations.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sacrifice the main mod". You can still play the normal SS campaigns after you install this submod.

Ok I've fixed the Strelczy issue with their heads. Oh and I found out that the Swedish king keeps dying in my campaigns because he keeps trying to take Visby with a very small army

Trying to get the AI to build more navies though seems to be impossible. I even put the recruit offsets for the ships to 70 (normal units' offsets are around the 5-20 mark to give you a comparison) and I think I saw Denmark and Norway build one ship each in one campaign only. I'm starting to think I might have to script some navies to spawn
    Hello Caesar!!Well since nothing else seems to work i also believe that spawning navies is actually a good idea!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "sacrifice the main mod". You can still play the normal SS campaigns after you install this submod.

Ok I've fixed the Strelczy issue with their heads. Oh and I found out that the Swedish king keeps dying in my campaigns because he keeps trying to take Visby with a very small army

Trying to get the AI to build more navies though seems to be impossible. I even put the recruit offsets for the ships to 70 (normal units' offsets are around the 5-20 mark to give you a comparison) and I think I saw Denmark and Norway build one ship each in one campaign only. I'm starting to think I might have to script some navies to spawn
    I have not loaded this mod yet so i do not know how it works yet.But from past experience when a sub mod is loaded into a Original mod it over writes the files and the original is no longer available unless you made a copy and renamed the folder something \original.Is this not the case anymore.Are you saying that this new mod is listed in the original SSmod campaign menu.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 20, 2010 at 03:10 AM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I'm thinking of giving each faction one settlement where if they control it, fleets randomly spawn for that faction.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    I have not loaded this mod yet so i do not know how it works yet.But from past experience when a sub mod is loaded into a Original mod it over writes the files and the original is no longer available unless you made a copy and renamed the folder something \original.Is this not the case anymore.Are you saying that this new mod is listed in the original SSmod campaign menu.
    The new Baltic campaign is a separate campaign which you select from the campaign selection screen (the one where you select the Late Era Campaign). The two original SS campaigns are still playable with all the new units and with the addition of Sweden.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 20, 2010 at 03:41 AM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Yeah and this port will be something like its faction's main shipyard when all kinds of warships will be build!! I think it would be great if it's possible of course!! Go for it!!
    Last edited by Violator; January 20, 2010 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos Fokas View Post
    Yeah and this port will be something like its faction's main shipyard when all kinds of warships will be build!! I think it would be great if it's possible of course!! Go for it!!
    And I think seeing as just about every faction has the goal of controlling Visby, it too will allow for fleet recruitment.

And I think seeing as just about every faction has the goal of controlling Visby, it too will allow for fleet recruitment.
    Sure thing!!

Domesticus
    Artifex

Okay, got it now. Just like I thought.
    I'll come back with my issue once the situation is ready for it, CC.
    I can say that Teuton: Total War players (if there will be some) would be very amazed due to your excellent unit skins and unit cards + units in general.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

CC,
    That sounds good to me the Battle of the Baltic, needs to be on the sea, as well as the land, the human player needs to be challenged on the high seas, looking forward to see the change.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

I'm thinking of giving each faction one settlement where if they control it, fleets randomly spawn for that faction.

The new Baltic campaign is a separate campaign which you select from the campaign selection screen (the one where you select the Late Era Campaign). The two original SS campaigns are still playable with all the new units and with the addition of Sweden.
    Thats great news.I will check this out now.I have waited ever since you mentioned using the Rusichi units.Great units,but hate the mod game play.Such a waste.But i am sure you have made good use of them and i will find out tonight.

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

As far as I know only the mongols of rusichi are in, the rus'ians will be in a next version.

Caesar,
    I have found two Norwegian Generals, wandering in Denmark with no armies. My understanding is that Generals are produced based on number of territories held. I have been offered many generals has my kingdom expands, but don't have the money to recruit those armies required. If the AI economy is the same as me, hence we have wandering Generals, without enough cash for the army!
    We either need less Generals or more income generated from the settlements, what are your thoughts or anybody else's?

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    As far as I know only the mongols of rusichi are in, the rus'ians will be in a next version.
    No Rusichi models and textures have been used for this version

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar,
    I have found two Norwegian Generals, wandering in Denmark with no armies. My understanding is that Generals are produced based on number of territories held. I have been offered many generals has my kingdom expands, but don't have the money to recruit those armies required. If the AI economy is the same as me, hence we have wandering Generals, without enough cash for the army!
    We either need less Generals or more income generated from the settlements, what are your thoughts or anybody else's?
    Well I borrowed a script from 6.2 where if an AI faction has less than 4 heirs in the family tree, a general is spawned for that faction. It stops the faction from imploding when the family tree gets too small. But that only kicks in when there are less than 4 other generals. If the problem is with Norway's finances, in the patch, Norway gets a boost to it's kings purse so maybe that'll help.

Caesar,
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.

I am on turn 42, HRE have devastated Poland, down to three settlements, Teutons have Lithuania, down to three as well. HRE are absolutely enormous, and have taken much Danish land as well. I tried to do a picture, but I can't find my TGAS file. Anyway I have attached my last game save, for you to have a look. The bloody problem is they are my ally, but my turn 80 at this rate,there is not going to be much left.

This was my 1000th post!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Navajo Joe; January 21, 2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Removal of ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar,
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.
    No thank you for your feedback

I am on turn 42, HRE have devastated Poland, down to three settlements, Teutons have Lithuania, down to three as well. HRE are absolutely enormous, and have taken much Danish land as well. I tried to do a picture, but I can't find my TGAS file. Anyway I have attached my last game save, for you to have a look. The bloody problem is they are my ally, but my turn 80 at this rate,there is not going to be much left.
    In the patch the HRE under the AI will be slowed down somewhat by internal strife just like when it's controlled by the player.

This was my 1000th post!!!!!!!!
    Grats

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Gratz!

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

In the patch the HRE under the AI will be slowed down somewhat by internal strife just like when it's controlled by the player.
    Internal strife?

I find that as HRE internal strife is a huge issue until the first Emperor dies. After that, I have not had one issue with rebellious generals whatsoever... just the Pope... man the Pope hates me

But seriously, the first 20-40 turns can be impossible with internal strife. I usually have to use every general to fight miscellaneous rebels to keep them happy.

This is slightly off topic...

I'm currently using Stainless Steel v6.2, when will this modmod be compatible with the newer version? Since it makes sense to make a modmod for the newer version rather then the older version which people don't download anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I'm currently using Stainless Steel v6.2, when will this modmod be compatible with the newer version? Since it makes sense to make a modmod for the newer version rather then the older version which people don't download anymore
    Actually according to the recent poll, more people use 6.1 than 6.2 (not counting RR/RC).

The 6.2 version will be released after the patch is completed.

Thats why I said, "...rather then the older version which people don't download anymore", which means that although people still play v6.1, people have stopped downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Thats why I said, "...rather then the older version which people don't download anymore", which means that although people still play v6.1, people have stopped downloading it.
    Not necessarily. Either way there are still people playing 6.1.