Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - v1.54 (Download link repaired - 16/07)

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 14 Jan 2010

Thanks mate.
    About merging our submods, yes why not, i like the idea of making a sort of "Community Pack" if my fellow EFI collaborator kahvipannu is okay.
    We intended to make a compile with steroid once all would be finished, so if you plan to use monologue & steroid stuff as well, it is even better.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Thanks mate.
    About merging our submods, yes why not, i like the idea of making a sort of "Community Pack" if my fellow EFI collaborator kahvipannu is okay.
    We intended to make a compile with steroid once all would be finished, so if you plan to use monologue & steroid stuff as well, it is even better.
    If kahvipannu is ok with it, we could merge them even today, and I could give you a hand with the interfaces.

I planed to do the same thing in my submod but only on a larger scale, I planned to give every faction their own interface, that means a special one for Tzeentch, a different one for Slaanesh, ect...

So what do you think? If we work together we can do it in much less time.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Patrician Citizen

If kahvipannu agree i find the idea to be cool, and as you said, it is better to work in a a larger team; we can go faster and share advices and material. That's fine with me.

And for your idea to give 1 faction = 1 interface, this is really something we wanted to do with kahvipannu, if you know what to do to have this then it would be perfect.
    BTW, to which Chaos God would fit the best the current Chaos interface ? ^^

So, let's kahvipannu decide.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I think with very little modifications it would fit best Slaanesh.

I know how to do that it is not difficult. :
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post
    If kahvipannu is ok with it, we could merge them even today, and I could give you a hand with the interfaces.

I planed to do the same thing in my submod but only on a larger scale, I planned to give every faction their own interface, that means a special one for Tzeentch, a different one for Slaanesh, ect...

So what do you think? If we work together we can do it in much less time.
    Interfaces are done on culture, no?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Interfaces are done on culture, no?
    Yes but it can be separated I tested it my self.

Patrician Citizen

Ok so, as agreed with kahvipannu welcome to the club, Blackomur89!

Patrician Citizen

Well, i tried to change a little bit the current Chaos interface to get rid of more vanilla stuff and actually make the interface for Slaanesh faction.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note the buttons, and even scrollbars changed

Also some unit cards icons changes and other buttons changes.

Well, maybe the buildings and units buttons in the lower bar will change to fit more with slaanesh
    Last edited by cedric37; January 14, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

Blackomur, if you read this, would you be so kind to PM the details how to make the UI unique for a faction, rather than Culture? In addition, is it possible to have it both Culture AND Faction Based - i.e in the Elves, I've got the High Elves as one Culture, Dark Elves as another, and then Asrai, Chaos, Human and Dwarf. I have multiple human factions, and chaos factions - is there a way I can save space by having High Elf/Dark Elf/Asrai/Dwarf Culture as staying the same, and then have Chaos Culture UI split into Mortal/Beast/Daemon and Human into Tilea/Breton/Empire/Araby etc? Sorry, long question haha.

If this is Slaanesh, then I'd get rid of the sword in the selection box (doesn't blend well) and instead have the symbol of Slaanesh placed there instead?

Patrician Citizen

Well at the moment, it does not seem to work (to get an ui per faction, seems that we are stuck with an ui per culture).

For the Slaanesh suggestion, i will try what you suggest (damn i loved this sword ! ^^ but you are right, it does not fit perfectly with Slaanesh thema).

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Well at the moment, it does not seem to work (to get an ui per faction, seems that we are stuck with an ui per culture).

For the Slaanesh suggestion, i will try what you suggest (damn i loved this sword ! ^^ but you are right, it does not fit perfectly with Slaanesh thema).
    I hope we can sort it out..
    Check your PM about Slaanesh, I like it

I'll probably post DarkElves interface later today (if everything goes right ), so that people have atleast an option to choose which one they wan't to use, best we can do at the moment

Make the text a little darker. Still find it hard to read. And maybe remove all pictures and drawings and whatnot from the unit and building browser, for all faction interfaces. They contribute nothing and make the whole thing look cluttered.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Make the text a little darker. Still find it hard to read. And maybe remove all pictures and drawings and whatnot from the unit and building browser, for all faction interfaces. They contribute nothing and make the whole thing look cluttered.
    Well kahvipannu will come up with alternative colours later this day. We too don't like the current ui colours, they make our work very difficult since the background rarely blend with all possible colours currently.

For the picture in the selection tab, i will simply remove it, not a big deal.

I will also change the piety symbol for a chaos symbol, and exchange the mission and unit recruitment buttons (helmet fit better with unit recruit and chaos standard fit better with missions - but this one will maybe change as well...)

Well, any other suggestion ?

PS: You can also give good crits if you like it, because you know it is our only recompense for making it (this and some +rep) Vaz has said something like this elsewhere in another thread.

@kavihpannu: thanks, and i have yet to see your DE interface The preview i had really impressed me.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 15, 2010 at 07:29 AM.

Lol, the liking of the rest is implied . But great job anyway.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Patrician Citizen

Thanks buddy; i feel kinda stupid but you know, those small words make a whole difference.

Patrician Citizen

Ok, Slaanesh interface, latest version...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Better ? Worse ? Other ?

Wanna try in-game ? Here we go:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1263578536
    Last edited by cedric37; January 19, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 15 Jan 2010

My good Cedric your labours have been long but Alas! I say without doubt,hesitation or regret ...that you have struck GOLD!
    Bravo! Ypur diligence has proven your artistic skills
    I am adding this once I stop typing...
    Thanks

Patrician Citizen

Thanks very much my friend, i am happy to serve

I think it has been much easier to focus on 1 faction than trying to make an interface for 4 factions. And people over there have really proved to be helpfull.

Thanks also for having supported me, Germanicus.

One thing is missing - try duplicating the Slaanesh Icon a couple of times - on the lower ones, blur the edges slightly, or if you feel brave - Liquify it, blur and smudge until it blends with the bottom layer, and then overlay/soft light the higher layers, playing with the levels and opacity for each. It still looks "Stuck on" rather than a painting, sorry. But yup, that's my one criticism, I don't think there's much more to improve!

Patrician Citizen

Thanks my friend, you are and have been really a very good artistic guide so far. Without your help and always precise advices and technical guidance, i surely couldn't have made it.
    So thanks again.

PS: once more i will try what you suggest