Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - v1.54 (Download link repaired - 16/07)

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 10 Jan 2010

I like it!!!
    Very nice job, kahvipannu. Really i wonder how i could play ORCS without your interface. It is much more orcish!
    For mission icon: why not putting an orcish weapon ? The mission of an orc is only sacking and exterminating :p

I update the 1st post.

@Karion: thanks mate, this is much appreciated! For the text on buildings, i will try to change the blue background (i will try as Vaz suggested some other stuff).
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 13 Jan 2010

Orc interface looks great, but I can't clearly see the letters for the "Army, Agents, Settlements" thing.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

No comment as i promised...just a little help
    http://www.isourcetextures.com/catalogue/metal-/
    http://www.akebulan.com/Free_Textures.html

And this is good - big archive of textures
    http://www.cgtextures.com/
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 13, 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks PSIHOPATH, those are usefull links
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    I like it!!!
    Very nice job, kahvipannu. Really i wonder how i could play ORCS without your interface. It is much more orcish!
    For mission icon: why not putting an orcish weapon ? The mission of an orc is only sacking and exterminating :p
    Thanks mate, I'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Orc interface looks great, but I can't clearly see the letters for the "Army, Agents, Settlements" thing.
    You mean metal thing above unitcardsUI? I will try to fix that (And tune most colors so, that rest of interfaces texts are more readable.)

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    No comment as i promised...just a little help

And this is good - big archive of textures
    Thanx Psiho

Actually, I'm talking about the first image on the left where the faction generals are selected, above there are three boxes. The other ones will be Settlements and Agents.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Actually, I'm talking about the first image on the left where the faction generals are selected, above there are three boxes. The other ones will be Settlements and Agents.
    Indeed they aren't very readable (now that I look at it, almost not readable at all ), I'll try to fix that.

Patrician Citizen

Ok, Chaos interface, latest version... everything can now be read, redone also all tiny buttons here and there.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Better, worst ? Any comments negative or positive are welcome, as usual

EDIT: i put the file in the attachment, in case someone want to check in game (Karion ? :o) )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1263412088
    Last edited by cedric37; January 19, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

mmm amazing

i prefer the blue background, my only problem was just change the colours of the text in the buildings descriptions

@ Kahvipannu regarding your Orc interface v1.0 I am trying to think of the appropiate word to describe it
    hmmmm wait...I got it! Perfect excellent work ...I thank you.
    I should like to send you several goats and one white bull as a offering of gratitude are you able to house them?

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    @ Kahvipannu regarding your Orc interface v1.0 I am trying to think of the appropiate word to describe it
    hmmmm wait...I got it! Perfect excellent work ...I thank you.
    I should like to send you several goats and one white bull as a offering of gratitude are you able to house them?

Thanks, and glad that you like it, alltought it's still under work
    About those goats, and that white bull.. White bull sound uber cool, but.. I don't believe that they would survive a week before my cats would tear them apart (No, seriously theyr nice, peace loving, furniture hating creatures ).. But thanks for offer anyways
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 13, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

I suppose I was a bit hasty in my offer not thinking things through...being driven by a purely emotional response
    I have read that in enough numbers Felis domesticus have been capable of over coming a adult bullock with ease.Though thay often perish from massive hairballs after devouring the animal...
    So I am left my only my admiration to offer for your efforts thus far ...
    Vive!
    Kahvipannu and Cedric the 37th.

Patrician Citizen

@Monologue: thanks my friend

@Karion: Errr... so you don't mind about buildings descr unreadable ? Because i cannot get this blue with readable text.
    Maybe i should propose 2 versions.

@all: any advice on Chaos stuff ? Did you prefer blue or parchment layout ? Or maybe none of them ?

EDIT: @Germanicus: Thanks! (i am included in the viva!)
    Last edited by cedric37; January 14, 2010 at 01:07 AM.

i prefer the blue, but it not possible change the colour of the texts?? i mean you change the colours for the units descr cause if you see is not the same for the buildings, i think you can check that in my pics in the othe page

Patrician Citizen

I have tried to change colours, but i ignore why, some colours i am unable to change, and sadly all interfaces share the same text colours, so changing it for the buildings will also change them everywhere in other interfaces

The file to change is somewhere in the data folder (descr_sm_colour or something like this, and colours are expressed in the form of 255,255,255 for white and 0,0,0 for black). If you want to make some tries, maybe you'll be more successfull ?
    I think if we put the buildings text in black even for ALL factions, it won't harm.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Ok, Chaos interface, latest version... everything can now be read, redone also all tiny buttons here and there.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Better, worst ? Any comments negative or positive are welcome, as usual

EDIT: i put the file in the attachment, in case someone want to check in game (Karion ? :o) )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1263412088
    I think, its best at the moment!
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks Timorfeys, i am glad that it please you.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 14 Jan 2010

On the Chaos interface,
    the more i think about it the more i think this will be the final release concerning the overall colours / layouts; i know it is not perfect, and surely some people prefer some older versions, but the equilibrium is quite okay now and most important thing, everything can be read.

I still plan to remake all remaining vanilla stuff in the interface (scroll bar cursor, navigating arrows).
    Any genial suggestion before freezing ?

I also recomend to test it in game, navigate through the screens and let one get the "feeling" on the new interface; it make it easier to make your opinion.

I also realize that after Chaos, Empire certainly need some new interface, and i think i will start to work on it right after Chaos is finished.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 14, 2010 at 04:32 AM.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 14 Jan 2010

It is much better than the last time, are you maybe interested in merging our two submods?
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.