Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - v1.54 (Download link repaired - 16/07)

Default Re: Kahvipannu & cedric37 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - WIP

np, i like help when i can, you and Kahvipannu deserve the thanks for take time to make this, keep with the good work guys

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Kahvipannu & cedric37 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Karion View Post
    warhammer art to the rescue cedric lol, joking i couldnt find a book but i found this chest for the economy icon (in the top, right side)

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...Art0807_10.jpg
    May I ask where is that from, is there more?? Like link to the gallery

is all concept from warhammer online, even if the game dont respect too much the lore the concept art yes, some people already post here or in the other topic

http://www.warhammeronline.com/conceptart/index.php

Oh, I have just missed that picture then. Thanks anyways for the support

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

I think i get final version for Chaos interface.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ok 1st post updated

Can someone download this and upload a screen from CoW, because i can only test with an old mod on my crappy laptop

This can be downloaded on 1st page.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 10, 2010 at 06:27 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Here you go, friend:

Time to play and try 1.02 (DarkElves it is)

Small update to HE 1.1
    New "mission","faction", and "treasury buttons", and "agents,city,garrison" buttons redone:

Here is the file, installation instructions in first post:
    Attachment 69152

EDIT:
    Tryed out new patch, and played with DarkElves (Which kick ass by the way ), and noticed that they share theyr interface with HighElves So if you install this, it will be the same for Darkies. We look for fix, or if nothing else work, do alternative interface for them.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 16, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: 10 Jan 2010 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - WIP

Your HE interface simply kicks a** my friend, i really like it!!

And for darkies sharing same interface, ouch, i hope we can find a fix for this
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: 10 Jan 2010 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces

The Elf and specialy the Orc interface are amazing!
    When we will get a DL link for the Orc interface?

Thx guys for making this..looking forward to remake of other facton interfaces..

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: 10 Jan 2010 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces

You are welcome, we plan te remake most/all factions.
    For the link to the orc interface, i guess it will be ready soon.

Don't hesitate to give us suggestions, if we find them good they will be implemented.
    Also if some aspect of the interface you think can be improved, let us know. We are opened to comments.

Default Re: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - 10 Jan 2010

I... Wait for it... Don't like it.

Orcs -
    The Chequered look is primarily 40K orks, but I can live with that. The Skull Chains however, don't mesh, unfortunately. They look like 3 skulls with a transparency layer stuck on top of each other, (which is exactly what they are), rather than a Skull Chain.

The background for the Building/Unit Selection UI could do with a more Rocky view with the wood layered on top. I'd also remove the orc. I'm not too keen either on the red teef along the tab selection screen. I think Bone teef or goblin ears would be better. Failing that, blood spattered parchment.

As to the Chaos one, the colours are a bit too dark - I don't know if you can change the text colour, but I doubt it. However, the Ordered look of the Eight Pointed Stars doesn't fit, and neither does the fact that the eight pointed star is cut off half way along.

The borders are poorly cut out - I suggest going into max zoom, and carefully cutting it out with the Polyganal Lasso tool, and then reedging them - either the easy way by Bevelling and Contouring, or manually highlighting with burn, sponge, and dodge.

That's it for now, and I hope you can sort it out - they have so much potential!

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    As to the Chaos one, the colours are a bit too dark - I don't know if you can change the text colour, but I doubt it. However, the Ordered look of the Eight Pointed Stars doesn't fit, and neither does the fact that the eight pointed star is cut off half way along.
    I can try a lighter purpleish hue like the one in the recruitment bar and remove completly the chaos symbol to ease readibility.

The borders are poorly cut out - I suggest going into max zoom, and carefully cutting it out with the Polyganal Lasso tool, and then reedging them - either the easy way by Bevelling and Contouring, or manually highlighting with burn, sponge, and dodge.
    Is it for Chaos interface or all ? And if on Chaos, can you point which borders are to be redone (maybe all )

That's it for now, and I hope you can sort it out - they have so much potential!
    Thanks your help is much appreciated.

Just hte chaos borders If you need help with any of it, I'll attempt to help out with teaching the technical details

Edit: just to say, I love the Helven one That's nigh perfect. I just think that the plain blue on the Selection Tabs UI is quite poor compared to the rest.
    Last edited by Vaz; January 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

I... Wait for it... Don't like it.

Orcs -
    The Chequered look is primarily 40K orks, but I can live with that. The Skull Chains however, don't mesh, unfortunately. They look like 3 skulls with a transparency layer stuck on top of each other, (which is exactly what they are), rather than a Skull Chain.
    Hmmm.. maybe skulls should be gone, since i see that they don't get much support I tryed to get something different than "normal" frame, but the problem is that the engine dublicates one pic for it, so result aren't always what we try to achieve, like for example some skulls get cut in parts in the bottom.
    Heres pic from tga.file:

About the overall look, I could use some tips, to match it more fantasy orcish style.

The background for the Building/Unit Selection UI could do with a more Rocky view with the wood layered on top. I'd also remove the orc. I'm not too keen either on the red teef along the tab selection screen. I think Bone teef or goblin ears would be better. Failing that, blood spattered parchment.
    Actually B/U UI has been changed, and the Orc is gone Red teef is also gone, it was there just for experiment.
    Just hte chaos borders If you need help with any of it, I'll attempt to help out with teaching the technical details

Edit: just to say, I love the Helven one That's nigh perfect. I just think that the plain blue on the Selection Tabs UI is quite poor compared to the rest.
    I worked for more "detailed" banners for those tabs, but there still under work (I didn't get them just right..), so those came quite fast to replace the vanilla ones, but I agree they could be better

Thanks for roses and thorns both are appreciated
    Actually I have noticed that your quite experienced modder, so we could need advice with one thing, about modding the cultures, if it's ok? I'll PM you later.

And good luck with The Elves, following it with interest
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 10, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i have tried to improve Chaos interface, not sure of the result but let give it a try... After that, well i let kahvipannu finish it off if he wants, because my wife find i spend already too much time on photoshop :p

Note: again i cannot run CoW for now, so be indulgent about the vanilla stuff; just focus on the interface itself

If someone is still willing to try it.... here it is!
    chaos_v1.2.rar
    Last edited by cedric37; January 10, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

No hurry Cedric

Tryed something else instead the skulls:

Better, worse, or something else?

Patrician Citizen

I find the latest better (yes sadly the engine just cut and paste the image from tga so like for my chaos symbols, it sometimes halve them if needed).
    But the left bar i find weird now (it is too proeminent compared to the right bar). Maybe you could change it as well ?

EDIT:
    @Vaz: So is the latest Chaos interface better ? (i reworked all borders and also changed the colours to improve readibility).

Also, i still get an issue with the upper UI tabs (i am not 100% happy with the lower ones but they are a bit better), i seem to be unable to make them behave harmoniously; some help would really be appreciated as i spent 2 hours trying to improve their behaviour but with no succes.

Cheers,
    Cédric.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 11, 2010 at 04:33 AM.

Current build:

Pretty incomplete still, and lower interface will change a lot.

I LIKE it! only comment is the building/recruitment buttons are not very discernible...might try something like just a orcs head for example.

I like specially the dwarf head in the end turn button lol, for the mission icon you maybe can change it for a waggh banner