Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [EFI] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - v1.54 (Download link repaired - 16/07)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Kahvipannu & cedric37 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - WIP

Thanks Cedric , orange really works, I like it
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now I just have to tone it so text is readable, and I can put original faction symbol back, It was kinda loner in the colorscheme before

Default Re: Kahvipannu & cedric37 - [EFI Project] Enhanced Factions Interfaces - WIP

maybe you delete orc img in building bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Monologue View Post
    maybe you delete orc img in building bar?
    Yeah, It makes it hard to examine when theres buildings instead of building cards. I was going to replace it with orc banner with some transparency, so it's more simple, and fades a bit to the backround. Haven't found one yet, which I like..

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    @ Kahvipannu

I suggest you to use few things from here for orcs and goblins

1 http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...13008_CA17.jpg
    2 http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...13008_CA16.jpg
    3 http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...13008_CA15.jpg

Put the bottle from the first photo for treasury for orcs,and mushrooms for goblins
    Also put the leather bag from third photo for mission button
    In first photo you can find another things for replacing skulls from background.
    Can be good few skulls but i think are too many for orcs....maybe for Sylvania will look better...
    For end turn i suggest yout to use goblin head for goblins,and first ornamental thing from the first picture for orcs....or maybe combined first ornamental with third ornamental picture from the first photo.
    Thanks for feedback

I believe Orcs and NGoblins share same culture, so thay share same interface (I have to check that)
    That leatherbag is good for missions button, I just have to edit Chaos stuff away
    I really cant do much to lessen the skulls, since the engine duplicates it, another option is to have no skulls at all, but I did quite bunch of work to get it right, so I think I'll leave it from now, as it is.
    I kinda like the orcskull for end of turn button.
    Anyone else have opinion about this It's yeasy to get blinded by own work..

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Kahvipannu, orange is ok, very well fitting with orcs; but do night goblins share the same layout ?
    For skulls, i would prefer some bones construction like on the "waaaggghhh" buildings if feasible
    Otherwise, it is very good (as usual mate!).

Cheers.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

maybe you can change the skulls for the red spikes you put in the right side, about the end turn button maybe a decapitaded dwarf head or a ork symbol or banner like some of this:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/galle...?i=22018&w=800
    http://www.jacgames.com/images/DSCF4316.JPG
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/o...X/DSC_4223.jpg
    http://www.40konline.com/community/i...topic=172899.0

i know they are from 40k but there isn't a big difference between fantasy

Patrician Citizen

decapited dwart as end turn.. a nice suggestion i find I was too thinking of this one :p
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Few critics #43

Orange color for orcish background may look good but make text hard to read.

Also chessboard model look weird in interface.

Paper from the mission button look weird for orcs.

Stone arcade is not appropriate with orcish stile >the place where is written city,army,agents.

Also sculptural model look weird for they.

For recruitment button can be found another orcish warrior(s) more detailed than what is used
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 09, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Few critics #43

Orange color for orcish background may look good but make text hard to read.

Also chessboard model look weird in interface.

Paper from the mission button look weird for orcs.

Stone arcade is not appropriate with orcish stile >the place where is written city,army,agents.

Also sculptural model look weird for they.

For recruitment button can be found another orcish warrior(s) more detailed than what is used
    Like I told before, old orange color just needed editing, and it is done.

Hmm.. I like the chessboard model (I was thinking using it more), check some wh-art, and you notice Orcs has it quite lot.

Mission button has been redone

Be patient, those pics are from WIP. I haven't even touched most of interface, so it is vanilla-style So they will be redone.

I made req-button quite quick, I may change it later.

Patrician Citizen

Hi all, i have nearly finished our Chaos interface, just some small polishing to make...
    You can have a preview (and even download on 1st post if you cannot wait), with another mod (unfortunately) than CoW, as on this computer (my father's laptop) i am low on everything.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope that you will enjoy
    Last edited by cedric37; January 09, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

@Kahvipannu
    Using more chessboard model ?
    hmmm....that's depend by preference of every person...and i,personally,like chessboard game...but not chessboard model in other parts,used as model/painting...

And i am patient...i don't hurry anywhere....i just criticize and suggest...and if you listen or not is another problem...

Or if you are interested to listen or not,i prefer to tell me
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 09, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Patrician Citizen

I personnaly really like the chessboard model

EDIT:
    @all: Don't forget to check the last update on Chaos and give me your opinions
    Last edited by cedric37; January 09, 2010 at 03:26 PM.

Orcs don't have taste for art or painting...they are really bad in art..
    and making them with model of the game named mind game...is little bit weird
    because they have no much brain

In this picture can be saw their strong maxillary,large shoulders and brain like a nut
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/148/eventpicslarge.png

Edit :
    No need to hammer us with it.
    Yea...i take the comment like a suggestion...
    I understand the message...
    My critics or suggestions are interpreted as something negative...but is far this thing from me...
    Anyway.... will make no comment here from now...
    Good luck
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 09, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Well we have taken notice of your opinion, thanks.
    No need to hammer us with it.

Cedric that is amazing, realy i like that the ''snowflakes'' remain and is perfect for chaos, i suggest change the mission icon for a chaos book if is possible but is a minor change so dont matter

actually the cheesborad design is used by the orks in his banners like way to represent something (i dont remember now what is exactly) and it is both 40k and fantasy
    Last edited by Karion; January 09, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks Karion, but i loved this helmet :p
    I have to put it elsewhere if i do so ^^ (but no idea where)
    And i have to find a chaos book pics...

@ Cedric
    Great work with Chaos, and I'm glad that you got your Photoshop up and running again

Orcs don't have taste for art or painting...they are really bad in art..
    and making them with model of the game named mind game...is little bit weird
    because they have no much brain

In this picture can be saw their strong maxillary,large shoulders and brain like a nut
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/148/eventpicslarge.png

Edit :
    Yea...i take the comment like a suggestion...
    I understand the message...
    My critics or suggestions are interpreted as something negative...but is far this thing from me...
    Anyway.... will make no comment here from now...
    Good luck
    Well thats your desicion to post here or not, we read all suggestion. And I still think "chess"-style will most propably stay, it has nothing to do with chess, or brain size by the way. It's just what you find a lot in wh art on orcs.

Color schemes and art is really important in WH, im not expert on them, but I do little backround search, to atleast try to make them somewhat right, like I tryed with Elves.

But seriously don't take it personally, if mine or Cedrics view don't match with yours.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 09, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    But seriously don't take it personally, if mine or Cedrics view don't match with yours.
    I agree completly, we propose, one suggest, we take note and then we decide or not to follow one's suggestion; but when we don't follow one's suggestion, it is not personal and there is no need to try to place the idea with strength It is not the same as "we don't accept comments", all comments are welcome; but when finally we make a decision, it should be the final dot for this particular suggestion; else it is quasi infinite

@kahvipannu: thanks my comrade, i am happy that it please you

warhammer art to the rescue cedric lol, joking i couldnt find a book but i found this chest for the economy icon (in the top, right side)

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...Art0807_10.jpg

Patrician Citizen

Thanks it is very good and therefore will certainly be used, with all my gratefull thanks.