Thread: Eighty Years Before TATW 1.4?

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Eighty Years Before TATW 1.4?

Hey ho!

Couldn't find a place for requests (not that I looked far), but here will do nicely methinks.

Anyway. To the point...
    I'm aiming to change the original game to take place about 80 years before the current game timeline, when Arathorn II is the Chieftain of the Dúnedain and his son Aragorn is about 2 or 3 years old. If pictures could be used from http://www.bornofhope.com this marvellous project to change (mostly the Eriador faction) Aragorn to Arathorn, Halbarad to Halbaron, adding some of the other characters as family members. Including pictures and biographies if possible.

I can do so much as writing things like biographies and new traits/ ancilliaries, but alas my modding skills have limits.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help, and happy new year!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Eighty Years Before TATW 1.4?

U should also strike out Dale and make its cityu Ruined and Smaug inhabiting Erebor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    U should also strike out Dale and make its cityu Ruined and Smaug inhabiting Erebor.

That would be fun
    Not a fan of Dale, it must be said

I guess I should have called it Born of Total War or Born of Hope Total War... "Eriador" and Rohan and Gondor are really the only things that need changing.

Something I forgot to mention was having a Dúnedain Ranger captain model to go with a Dúnedain trait ... I'm getting far too ambitious here

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Born of Total Hope, tbh.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Born of Total Hope, tbh.

Touché, my friend

Any ideas? D: I just failed to change Eriador names to the Gondor list...

- Ramsay Snow

Err...wouldn't setting the game eighty years in the past require massive changes to Isengard? They weren't evil back then; eighty years before TATW they would have been peaceful allies of Rohan. Isengard would have to be adjusted with a Rohan alliance and a roster of Dunlendings and perhaps some of the Rohirrim. If you were really ambitious, you could script a reform that would allow them to regain their TATW roster if they "act evil" and, say start attacking Rohan viciously.

"Born of Total Hope, tbh." Ooh, cold

You should probably just have a provincial campaign, instead of simply inserting That would require a mapper, but at least you wouldn't have to rework everything in the game to match ~80 before, which would also require a stronger Dol Guldor (probably as its own faction), a weaker Mordor, an Umbar faction, and the changes listed above.
    Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
    An open mouth often catches a closed fist!

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    Err...wouldn't setting the game eighty years in the past require massive changes to Isengard? They weren't evil back then; eighty years before TATW they would have been peaceful allies of Rohan. Isengard would have to be adjusted with a Rohan alliance and a roster of Dunlendings and perhaps some of the Rohirrim. If you were really ambitious, you could script a reform that would allow them to regain their TATW roster if they "act evil" and, say start attacking Rohan viciously.

The reform script idea is a very good one...

The first idea I had about this so as to not overstep ourselves and make it too ambitious and far too difficult was to have the events of the War of the Ring happening slightly earlier, so that the changes could be made to factions that need it, but gameplay is essentially quite similar.

Besides, nobody has said they can help yet

- Ramsay Snow