Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to add new flags - COMPLETED

Default Re: How to add new flags - COMPLETED

Hello!

I do not know how to work in dbeditor and if you are a good man to tell me what to do with this tool?

I will apreciate a lot.

TKs

T

You do not need DbEditor. Work with Pack File Manager. Check also here especially section 2.

Is there a way of just replacing an existing flag with a flag of you choice?
    I'd like to change the Prussian Republic flag, but am not at all an expert with the PacK File Manager..

Every help is appreciated
    Thanks!
    "Gott ist immer mit den stärksten Bataillonen." (God always sides with the strongest battalions)
    Friedrich II., der Große (1712-1786)

No it is not. You have to make a full set of flags. You do not have to be expert with PFM, most work has to be done with Gimp and Paint.NET.

Um, excuse me, I'm really confuse...

Quote Originally Posted by XJoel15 View Post
    Um, excuse me, I'm really confuse...
    Pardon?

Yes.

Thanks, now I can finnaly be the good old Soviet Union in Empire

Ok I was good all the way to this part:

"Now you have all images ready you have to place them in pack file. The easiest way is to extract in a folder all the flags of an existing faction from ui. In this way you'll have all folders ready. Then replace flags with your new set and add them it in your mod.pack. I think all these are know. I'll just mention we edit the 2 .tai files.

As you've noticed in rigidmodels\flags\textures there are 2 .tai files which determine which flags the game will use on campaign map. The land flags are in flags1.dds, flags2.dds, and flags3.dds. Instead of messing with vanilla dds you can make a new flag (I 8 step) and name it as flags4.dds. Then open flags.tai (use notepad) and..."

I am using Darthmod Ultimate Commander and I dont have or see any of the .tai files. When you say "The easiest way is to extract in a folder all the flags of an existing faction from ui"... how do I do that?

With PFM open vanilla ui.pack go in flags, pick a faction, right click on it select extract selected and point your desktop. After that you'll see the folder ui on your desktop with the flags inside. Replace them with yours, change the faction's name if necessary, copy your pack on desktop, open it with PFM, right click, add directory and point to ui on your desktop.

With PFM open Models.pack and go in rigidmodels\flags\textures to find the .tai files.

Whoo hoo cool thanks man PFM (Pack File Manager) was the missing key....

I has some problems since I am using Darthmod Ultimate Commander I had to unpack one of their files called DMUC_Custom.pack and change the flags within it... Thanks for a great tutorial and with helping me figure out how to make it work. YOU ROCK.

Thanks for the awesome tutorial on creating flags.
    I followed it as best I could, but I'm a little stuck in two small areas: ensign_\<faction>_diffuse.dds and the HUD. I was wondering if you could give me a little help on these.
    I've added a few mods to the game, including ETF(so my animations don't wave since they don't with ETF). I'm wanting to play a World Domination with Denmark in which I start a revolution and the "denmark_republic" uses my new flag. I've never posted before so I'm going to try to attach what I have made already as well as a picture of my new flag.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for tutorial.

You've done most of the job, give me some time and I'll finish that.

I completed the set of flags for Rebel Horde in the attached files.

Thank Husserl,
    I apprecaite your help. Can't wait to play the game with new flags.

well this was working very smoothly until i clicked on Levels. I tried it thrice and it crashed every time. Sigh. nothing works on my PC.

Pardon?

One question?
    how do i save a file as dds?
    because when i want to save in gimp,it says he can't find this kind of file,so i can't save it?

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast