Thread: Lands to Conquer: Random maps v3 ! Now with a Video!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Icon14 Lands to Conquer: Random maps v3 ! Now with a Video!

Here is the link!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2698

The main addition in this one is ... 9 new maps! Now there are 15 random maps. The new 9 maps are made with a variation of the program to make sure HRE and Russia start in the North and Egypt and Moors start in the desert.
    An important change is for the names of most settlements and regions. Most of the settlements have names I made up to increase immersion. Capitals and very important settlements (like Milan, Baghdad, Genoa) retained their names.

Also again, a few new units, some trait changes, some new events etc. The usual staff.

8-8-2010 EDIT: Added another map, dominated by 5 large factions. The AI now controls large kingdoms so expansion and dominance will be harder. This map adds another layer of challenge.

20-8-2010 EDIT:
    We now have a video!

A great "thank you" to LuckyLewis ! ! !
    Last edited by alhoon; August 20, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Lands to Conquer: Random maps v3 !

Great mod!
    Last edited by NotYalC; June 18, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Lands to Conquer: Random maps v3 !

Thx.

Which version do you play? Any suggestions?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Lands to Conquer: Random maps v3 ! Now with a Video!

This concept looks interesting. I will try as soon as possible. I had a lot of fun with the previous versions of LTC.

Moderator Emeritus

There are many things different in this one. I kept BAI and CAI from Lusted and added script and maps.

How do you install this please?

Moderator Emeritus

If you don't have steam, it's easy.

Just unzip the rar file in the "Medevial II Total War". It would create a folder that contains the following:
    a folder named "LTCrandom", the readme, the LTC config file and the LTC bat file.
    Cut all those and paste them in the "Medevial II total war" folder.
    Then run it from the batch file.

If you have steam, then after you place the folder and the other files in the right folder, then you have to edit the registry.
    There a thread somewhere in the tech assistance about this.

Another way to do it if you have steam is to rename one of the 4 kingdoms campaigns and then place the LTCrandom folder in the mods folder and rename it.
    For example if you decide to remove Americas campaign, you should rename the "americas" folder to something like "old_americas" and the LTCrandom folder to "americas". Copy and paste the LTCrandom batch file and the LTCrandom config file to the new "americas" folder (I.e the LTCrandom folder) and then rename them to "americas" too.
    Then from steam run the Americas campaign and it should start the LTCrandom.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 21, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

bump

Moderator Emeritus

bump

Virian's Avatar Civis

The link to the mod (when I press Download) leads me to a 404 Gamefront page... Could you reupload it?

new link please!

Moderator Emeritus

Uploading now to MediaFire.

HERE is the MediaFire link
    Last edited by alhoon; August 13, 2019 at 12:03 AM.

Thank you!