Thread: Info for All Windows 7 users!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Icon4 Info for All Windows 7 users!

Problem solved. I just had to delete the teutonic folder in my "C:\Users\My name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods" folder.

Anyone using Windows 7 should read this if you are having problems with the sound in version 1.01

And before anyone closes this thread, I just posted this so that way other people don't post similar threads.

In order to extract files to another folder, you MUST! disable User Control. Type "Disable User Control" in the help box to find it and put the slider all the way to the bottom. Once you do this, the mod will work.

Here's how

1. Open the "Computer" shortcut on your desktop

2. You'll see a little blue ? mark button in the top right corner of the screen. Click it.

3. A dialog box will come up. Type "Disable User Control" in the search box up at the top. Press Enter once typed.

4. Click on "2. How do I change the behavior of User Account Control by using the slider?"

5. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. Once you do that, you can play the mod (you may want to reinstall it though)

why close it? I'll make it sticky
    -Beregond
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; February 09, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Having troubles with sound for v1.01 in Windows 7?

I'm having trouble with music as well. But in Vista. I have installed and reinstalled, I am sure the download is correct, I even went into the mods folder and saw the correct files in the right places, but, there is just no music in the game.

Citizen

Sorry for the late reply. I'm usually faster than this, but school has dragged me down a lot.

Any ways, here's a quote from another member who helped someone else who had problems with Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    GO to your control panel from there the user accounts and family settings page and in here you can select the main user account section and on this is a setting which merely says switch user account control on or off. I know why vista made this but well it is a terrible function one that hides core files from you in hidden files and splits your gaming files into three places instead of 1 easy to use location

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Sry for the late reply as well! I always keep my computer in sleep, I only shut it off when it updates, but when I turned of the UAC, it said it needed to restart, so I did. I didn't get any music in the game, but all savegames in all my mods were deleted! It's OK though, since I never really got far with them anyway. Anyway, I will try to extract the IDX file and see if I can play the music in its extracted form.

Talic's Avatar Libertus

Just quick question, does removing that folder mess savegames?

Citizen

If your folders are in the virtual storage (C:\Users\you account name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\saves), then just copy the "saves" folder over to your "teutonic" folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic) and all of your save-games will be there.

Citizen

Updated first post on why some archives may say "Access denied"

Default Re: Info for All Windows 7 users!

This doesn't help my problem at all ToT

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

After reading the many many issues people seem to have getting this mod to run and all the extra e i need to do ie. Delete this folder, Disable that, Virtual Store this, i will be staying away from this mod for now.... Seriously whatever happened to the easy one click installers that most mods use... Just seems like a bunch of work that a proper installer would take care of.... But i am lazy so when i hear i am going to have to do a bunch of extra crap to get this working (other then simply downloading and installing it) my first thought is "Instead of wasting the Hours/Days it takes to download this mod i will just return to Thera, or TATW....or any other mod that knows how to package a proper install...lol

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    After reading the many many issues people seem to have getting this mod to run and all the extra e i need to do ie. Delete this folder, Disable that, Virtual Store this, i will be staying away from this mod for now.... Seriously whatever happened to the easy one click installers that most mods use... Just seems like a bunch of work that a proper installer would take care of.... But i am lazy so when i hear i am going to have to do a bunch of extra crap to get this working (other then simply downloading and installing it) my first thought is "Instead of wasting the Hours/Days it takes to download this mod i will just return to Thera, or TATW....or any other mod that knows how to package a proper install...lol
    The vast majority of people have 0 problems installing and playing, and most problems are caused by users simply not reading the guides properly.

The game does have a one-click installer, which you'd know if you had tried to install it instead of guessing what the process may be.

Issues with UAC are windows 7 security based, not mod-made complications.

The Russian version is flawless, the English user community however did suffer from translation issues as the translations are done by the community, not paid staff/linguists/translators. Thankfully the excellent work done by several community members mean these English translation issues are sorted now.

I did not have any install issues and do not have any CTD issues and I use latest English translation.

The mod team and translators do excellent, detailed work and provide support, fixes and help constantly.

If you want something half-baked and unmoddable try Shogun 2.

If you want something driven by the love of Total War and Warhammer then this mod is definitely for you, even with that very difficult one-click install feature...

"They misunderestimated me." - George W. Bush, Bentonville, Arizona, 11/06/2000

"I refuse to be sucked into your hypnotheoretical arguments." -George W. Bush, Indianapolis, Indiana, 10/15/2004

"Yes Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on? ... I'm interested in the shade look, seriously... For the viewers, there's no sun." - George W. Bush, Washington DC, 06/14/2006 - Comment to blind reporter, Peter Wallsten

EDIT - thanks to odseusz79 for clarification on location of one quote

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ewok View Post
    The vast majority of people have 0 problems installing and playing, and most problems are caused by users simply not reading the guides properly.

The game does have a one-click installer, which you'd know if you had tried to install it instead of guessing what the process may be.

The Russian version is flawless, the English user community however did suffer from translation issues as the translations are done by the community, not paid staff/linguists/translators. Thankfully the excellent work done by several community members mean these English translation issues are sorted now.

I did not have any install issues and do not have any CTD issues and I use latest English translation.

The mod team and translators do excellent, detailed work and provide support, fixes and help constantly.

If you want something driven by the love of Total War and Warhammer then this mod is definitely for you, even with that very difficult one-click install feature...
    i honestly understood none of that. ive had problems with this mod since day 1. if it continues im just going to give up and go back to TATW

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ewok View Post

i hope you can help me, since im sorta stuck. i am a huge warhammer fan, since its first RTS. I got it off steam, read your post on how i should get it to work, but i have a major problem. Heres some other errors i dont care about, but maybe they could be linked

-If i dont start it with anything other than kingdoms.exe than select mod i get an unexpected error
    -Some pictures are missing and theres writing where they should be (Its in russian so i dont know)
    -This one is not really an error, but maybe worth noting (this is the least important) turns take forever and lag me (not my computer)
    -Heres the major one. if they attack me (not sure if the faction depends since the same one keeps attacking me) my game crashes saying unexpected error.

it probably was an error on my side, i did what the tutorials said that were linked in the post for the mod. but i must of messed something up

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    just quoting cause from the post ive read of yours you seem to be very smart when it comes to these type of things and maybe you could help me. If u need anything just ask. Also a quick note i forgot to mention i used the english fix

if i cant get v1.5 to work i guess i will have to try your 1.4.4 just wanted updated version thats all

sorry for so many post cant seem to find how to edit, but is there any audio files for english? just wondering cause dont want to miss out on anything. But if the problem above is still more important cause theres no point of them if i cant use them
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 13, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: merging multiple posts

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You need 25 posts to be able to edit your posts.

General recommendations\tips when installing a mod:

• Run the VirtualStore Fix, don't forget to delete the M2TW folder in the VirtualStore folder
    • Version 1.5 is installed into the same folder as Version 1.4.4, make sure to rename or delete the old version
    • For use with Steam, check this tutorial: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam
    • Steam requires the launcher, you cannot use the regular desktop shortcut

• Run the VirtualStore Fix, don't forget to delete the M2TW folder in the VirtualStore folder
    • Version 1.5 is installed into the same folder as Version 1.4.4, make sure to rename or delete the old version
    • For use with Steam, check this tutorial: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

Run the VirtualStore Fix, don't forget to delete the M2TW folder in the VirtualStore folder -UAC already disabled

Version 1.5 is installed into the same folder as Version 1.4.4, make sure to rename or delete the old version - first time using this mod, so its a clean install

For use with Steam, check this tutorial: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam
    -I used his tool to install it.

Steam requires the launcher, you cannot use the regular desktop shortcut
    -Thanks for telling me this, was worried that would be a problem, but i guess its natural. either way ive been doing this

note also: ive seen on some screenshots and videos that the welcome message when u start the campaign is in english with the english fix. i used an english fix but its still in russian. not sure what it could mean, but if u have any other suggestions it would greatly be appreciated

hmm i started again (5th time) it has not crashed yet i made it to turn 3, but quick thing. is there audio in english and stuff like 1.4.4? just wondering cause i put the 1.5 english fix in there but the only thing i see in english are the buildings and troops name. btw i download 1.4.4 just incase it would not work. just wondering cause dont want to miss out of anything this mod has to offer

last quote dont worry. I did not know 1.5 was so knew, or atleast to me it looks knew from what im reading on the forum. wish i knew this before i bugged u so much just disregard all my previous statements/questions. im playing 1.4.4. thanks a ton for your help