Thread: Need some modeldb assistance with my Venice "mini-mod".

Default Need some modeldb assistance with my Venice "mini-mod".

Hello people.

Just started a new early campaign (with the latest RC/RR) and my goal is to enrich my Veneitan experience by making Figlia Ducale and Genoese X-bows available for this faction.

FDs represent general ducal Italian nobility so it makes sense for Venice to have them too and it'll make the roster even more interesting.

As for the Genoese X-bows I want them to be AoR in Genoa (the city) only and available to both Venice and Genoa (don't care about the others). This way once Venice captures Genoa they'll have limited access to their x-bows which should spice things up even further.

Gen X-bows as a Genoa AoR make a lot of sense imo and it's not unreasonable for whichever Italian duke rules the city to have access to them.

Now to the problem at hand. I've already modified the EDU and EDB and created a hidden resource for the x-bow AoR. Unfortunately so far I can only check if it works in custom battles but the game runs and Venice has access to both Figlia Ducale and Gen X-bows so I assume I've done everything right so far. I've also moved the recruitment of non-militia Gen X-bows from castles to cities (due to Genoa AoR) starting at the army barracks level (makes sense imo).

Now the problem is a well known one and consists of invisible units and peasant unit cards (both for Genoa and Venice), only for x-bows and the Figlia of course. I know I'm supposed to modify the battle_models.modeldb to make the models/textures available but I can't make any sense of the file.

Help please?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Need some modeldb assistance with my Venice "mini-mod".

Check the Mod Workshop. There are several tutorials about the modeldb file there

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Did you get the help you needed?

Lol, your a bit late.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I guess just a bit

Believe it or not I actually visited the workshop and fixed my . Sadly I spent more time modding Venice than playing it.

Maybe it's time to bring closure to this thread.