Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make a settlement a power centre for training special units.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: Make a settlement a power centre for training special units.

Marvelous it's working , it's incredible how a single space can messed up everything .

It's sure is not the good topic but how do we create a new hidden_ressource?
    Like hidden_ressource acre and hidden_ressource antioch? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Marvelous it's working , it's incredible how a single space can messed up everything .

It's sure is not the good topic but how do we create a new hidden_ressource?
    Like hidden_ressource acre and hidden_ressource antioch? Thank you
    Glad it's working.
    & read this for hidden resources.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Ahh., Thanks Ishan, now I can fulfill my final Crusader States

EP!anastasi's Avatar Biarchus

More than 2 years have passed, but it's never late for a little humor, i think...
    Ishan, i wonder what you were thinking when you made this typo at the first line of your code in the first post
    Constantiniple

Seriously now, can someone tell me which code is better? The one from Ishan, or the one from Gigantus, which was corrected by Taiji below?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Close but EDB will only accept event counters. So you can use 'set_event_counter' instead of 'set_counter' in the script, and then 'event_counter' instead of 'counter' in edb.

I failed to address that issue in a previous post, slipped my mind somehow
    And if i used this method, should i also use declare_event_counter instead of declare_counter, so it should look like:

declare_event_counter holds_contstantinople
    ;Increment
    monitor_events I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    set_event_counter holds_constantinople 1
    end_monitor
    ;Decrement
    monitor_events not I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    set_event_counter holds_constantinople 0
    end_monitor

??

Anyway, i tried Ishan's code and it works for me, BUT it works the opposite way , when the line in EDB is

and event_counter holds_constantinople 0

instead of

and event_counter holds_constantinople 1

...why's that??
    Last edited by Ishan; January 31, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Double Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988matej View Post
    <snip> i won't preorder to get the dacian's, wont pay for the elephant dlc nor will i settle for a dumbed down game <snip>
    "My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!"

a great song ... and one more ... ok, one last

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Fred Putz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Putz View Post
    Hmm - in my political spectrum Nazism is always on the extreme stupid wing.
    jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    Can someone delete this one temporarily?
    It's way too active and I am worried.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Taiji
    Honestly there is no ceremony while I sacrifice stuff
    Garbarsardar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    <snip> the behaviour of moderators is a clear example of the corruption that absolute power brings to these hitherto innocent kids. Jom, Hesus, Ishan, Giga, were a merry bunch of fellows until the DeletePostDemon went into them and made them do the unthinkable. Praise the lord. And pass the bucket.
    ~Gort~
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Gort~ View Post
    Irony is one of the few saving graces of humanity.
    irelandeb
    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    What we understand is neglible compared to what we know we don't understand, never mind what we don't know we don't understand.
    Squid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    It won't help, people will believe what they want to believe even when presented with incontrovertible proof to the contrary.
    Magicman2051
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Clarifying, I don't disagree with what I quoted, I don't agree with it either.
    Aradan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    You do make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EP!anastasi View Post
    Seriously now, can someone tell me which code is better? The one from Ishan, or the one from Gigantus, which was corrected by Taiji below?
    Use the one i've in the OP, i have used "event_counter", it's recognized by EDB file while "counter" is not recognized in EDB so gig's version won't work when put to practice.
    And if i used this method, should i also use declare_event_counter instead of declare_counter
    You don't declare event_counter.
    Anyway, i tried Ishan's code and it works for me, BUT it works the opposite way , when the line in EDB is

instead of

and event_counter holds_constantinople 1

...why's that??
    The script works exactly as intented and described in the OP. And "zero" in event counters when used in EDB doesn't work.

You have to put it as:
    and not event_counter holds_constantinople 1
    Hope that helps.

Edit
    Thanks for pointing out the typo mate.
    Last edited by Ishan; January 31, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Ok, thanks for your answer

I think what caused my "problem" was that i had copied and pasted your typo in my file

I guess NOW it's working as intended.

....I began editing some files some days ago, it's fun!!
    <snip> i won't preorder to get the dacian's, wont pay for the elephant dlc nor will i settle for a dumbed down game <snip>
    "My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!"

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Fred Putz
    jimkatalanos

Taiji
    Garbarsardar
    <snip> the behaviour of moderators is a clear example of the corruption that absolute power brings to these hitherto innocent kids. Jom, Hesus, Ishan, Giga, were a merry bunch of fellows until the DeletePostDemon went into them and made them do the unthinkable. Praise the lord. And pass the bucket.
    ~Gort~
    irelandeb
    What we understand is neglible compared to what we know we don't understand, never mind what we don't know we don't understand.
    Squid
    It won't help, people will believe what they want to believe even when presented with incontrovertible proof to the contrary.
    Magicman2051
    Aradan
    You do make sense.

Yeah that was totally my bad, obviously the script gets broken if the settlement name is entered wrong.

Well, the code might be nice and all, but the truth is i still don't understand a couple of things, and if someone could explain them i'd be grateful.

What does the "==" symbol mean, is it "equal" or is it "not equal"?

What does the line "date 0" do?

Could there be used monitor_events instead of monitor_conditions?

Wouldn't it be a little better if we named the counter "Byzantium_holds_Constantinople" for more clarity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    This method is better than the Hidden resource one coz with that we can only recruit that in that settlement only but with this script the recruitment is global(that is u can train them any settlement having the necessary building but u need to hold that Power centre city to make it recruitable Global throughout your kingdom.
    I wouldn't say that it's better or worse... As i understand it, those are just two different approaches and one can choose to implement whatever he likes. I chose to mix those two, so as Byzantium only can train Firethrowers when it owns Constantinople (Ishan's way), but when they're trained there they get +1 exp and also Constantinople has a better recruitement rate for them (hidden_resource use in Constantinople for firethrowers).
    Last edited by EP!anastasi; February 04, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

(\__/)
    ( O.o)

Fred Putz
    jimkatalanos

Taiji
    Garbarsardar
    ~Gort~
    irelandeb
    Squid
    Magicman2051
    Aradan
    You do make sense.

Well, the code might be nice and all, but the truth is i still don't understand a couple of things, and if someone could explain them i'd be grateful.

What does the "==" symbol mean, is it "equal" or is it "not equal"?

What does the line "date 0" do?

Could there be used monitor_events instead of monitor_conditions?

Wouldn't it be a little better if we named the counter "Byzantium_holds_Constantinople" for more clarity?
    == means "equal to", for not one would mention not before it or use exclamation mark to denote not "!".

Date 0 means instantly at the time when script is fired. If say the year in campaign was 1080 and the the script which fires has Date 2, then the effect will take place in year 1080+2 = 1082 A.D..

No, conditions & events are different things, they can't be replaced, they are fixed types, download the docudemons 4.0 to know all the valid events and conditions types.

Yes rename the event counter to anything you like, the name doesn't matters.

I wouldn't say that it's better or worse... As i understand it, those are just two different approaches and one can choose to implement whatever he likes. I chose to mix those two, so as Byzantium only can train Firethrowers when it owns Constantinople (Ishan's way), but when they're trained there they get +1 exp and also Constantinople has a better recruitement rate for them (hidden_resource use in Constantinople for firethrowers).
    Hidden resources are fixed upto 64, so they're better spent on something else moreover this script acts globally while with hidden resources the unit is only available if the settlement has this hidden resource type, so that's why i used the word "better".

Thanks for your anwers again

== means "equal to", for not one would mention not before it or use exclamation mark to denote not "!".
    Right, that's how i thought it should work, i just think i have seen other scripts use the symbol "=" in similar cases and not "==", that's why i was a bit confused...

...download the docudemons 4.0 to know all the valid events and conditions types.
    I have, but i haven't unpacked them yet

Hidden resources are fixed upto 64, so they're better spent on something else
    Yes, i agree that your code is better in this perspective

(\__/)
    ( O.o)

Fred Putz
    jimkatalanos

Taiji
    Garbarsardar
    ~Gort~
    irelandeb
    Squid
    Magicman2051
    Aradan
    You do make sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123