Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344

Thread: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - **Complete**

Default Re: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - **Complete**

Fantastic AAR. Couldn't stop reading, my eyes were watering from the strain at the end...

Default Re: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - **Complete**

Amazing, mesmerising piece of art. You should be writing books for living!

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

I'm still amazed at how long the characters lived... The campaign started in 1450, something just seems wrong that the characters could live that long.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.

Great story. I enjoyed reading it in my downtime at work. Killed many otherwise slow days.

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    I'm still amazed at how long the characters lived... The campaign started in 1450, something just seems wrong that the characters could live that long.
    The game has a screwy mechanic where your characters only age one year per four turns, leading to them having double the lifespans you would expect. It makes me think they may have originally planned for each turn to be one "season" (Spring, Summer, etc.) so 4 turns would equal one year, like in Shogun II, but was nixed before released and the mechanic never changed.

I don't have words to express how amazing you did on this

Thank you so much for all of the hard work you have put into this! I have read the whole thing (and I am starting on the sequel, I love the way you write!) and your work has inspired me to sign up for the forums and post my own AARs! Skantarios is the most awesome hero of the Middle Ages, even if he didn't exist

Well done aar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

The images from Skantarios's second encounter with the Pope onwards are broken.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

It's part of the server update issues. None of the pics in my AAR are showing up, sig pics aren't showing up, etc. It's being worked on. See the server update thread here.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Welcome back to the front page, Skantarios!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)