Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Default Re: First impression

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    It is easy rule - if you want something, do it
    I understand your point of vue.

Just sad for whom don't have any skills in modding.

I am agree with you, 80% of criticism are rubbish : I want that, I need this ...

But I think sometimes, constructive criticism and a good brain can help.

I don't want to bother you anymore. I have in mind that is your mod and the sum of work for that result. It's my last post about the subject.

Comes Limitis

Just installed 1.03 above 1.01, and it all looks even sweeter, which was hard to imagine.

And no CTD's yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I'm glad to hear that Thorn777

Foederatus

Similar to many people i tracked the progress of your mod for a while, have been waiting for a decent Warhammer Fantasy game for a long time as said in another post (Mark of Chaos was pants )

my first impressions overall excelent, the troops look great, the map is great and i like the scripted battles makes it all more desperate for the empire.
    you probably already know but i will say also my experience is being marred by many CTD's due to the scripted battles i am told and have read, that would be a thing to work on first as im sure you are working hard at in the precious spare time you have.

another sugestion i know they are already there but special abilities for magic items, example being the Runefang i know it already adds authority but from my time playing third age with items adding attacks etc... in warhammer lore the runefang while also being a symbol of power is a mighty magical weapon, and ghal maraz should be similar aswell as the authority give it somthing that will make karl franz a bit meaner when he fights, i dont know if it is possible but its there if you are interested .

thanks

Rogal Dorn's Avatar Miles

I'm glad I stumbled across this little nugget of Warhammer awesomeness.

This is a great mod, and aside from the fact that I keep getting murdered, I'm having great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    This is a great mod, and aside from the fact that I keep getting murdered, I'm having great fun!
    Feel free to ask any questions concerning tactics or advice on the faction you're playing as, in the appropriate threads of course.

Welcome to the forums.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

This mod shows INCREDIBLE promise from what I've seen thus far, and the devs have done very high quality work, so WELL DONE! /clap /clap /clap

My only problem with it really is the fact that I have trouble with 'immersion' into the game, owing to the fact that it isn't fully translated into my language. It's hard to do role-play when hald the time you can't read the names of your generals!

So, good work to the job done by translators so far, and I look forward to when CoW has a fully comprehensive English translation pack!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Loved this mod but becuse of many many MANY! crushes to deskop it's not so playeble tried with 2 factions and crush with orcs in 11 turn ,one of imperial fractions did crush while i wanned to attack beastman .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

The game is very good. Some minute details are still in Russian which I do not even care because of the sheer size and work of this mod. When I first saw the wizards/sorceres/mages, I was pretty much thinking, okay here comes the arrows out of the staffs. When I saw the black, blue, and orange spheres of ownage, I simply started to cry.

Things that could be just a tad better
    -More clearer unit cards

That's it lol it's a truly beautiful mod and I congratulate each every one of you for making the wise decision of downloading this mod. God Bless

Niceeee.
    First time i played, and I really like it. Started a campaign with the dark elves, the translations on most of the buildings arn't done, but of course that's work in progress!
    A couple of things i noticed: I keep on getting the "winter storms" message at the begining of every turn, is this normal?
    Also, things like gladitorial games don't affect the profit made from the town, i.e. their free to put on, i dunno if this is intentional or not though.
    Lovely looking map and units, can't wait for the full english translation to come out!

@Copper8642, what do you mean?

Citizen

He's refering to the Undivided Chaos faction and all of the Chaos/Orc armies that will spawn throughout the Empire's provinces.

Btw, Welcome to the forums Copper8642! If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

This mod will definitely be a base of all other great mods to come.

This mod is over the top...

Thanks, like Napoleonic total war so far, i'm pleased and grateful, as a WHFB player....

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

What's includes patch 1.03??

Citizen

A lot of things. Too many to count.

But here are the important things:

-Tons of new units

-New models for most of the Artillery

-Magic!

-Revised unit balancing

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

My first impression goes thusly:
    Once installed properly, the game is reasonably stable.
    Very nice triggers/ scripted events.
    Models = win!
    Mordheim = money for free (3000 per warpstone if you've got a decent merchant on there!)
    Incidentally, will anything bad happen if I do traffick warpstone?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

greatest mod ever

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

It's top notch gorgeous. Even the single CTD I got can't change my mind : once fully developped it will Kick Arsses. HARD.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Just started playing the mod today (1.3) and I must say that I am quite amazed. When you consider that it has been made by a small team of fans...wow!

I like the way that you guys have rebalanced the game play, its not necessarily better or worse than the original unmodded balance, but it adds to the game, giving it a fresh new feel; the campaign map needs completely new strategies which is great.

The only issue I have with the battles is that due to the increased size of the men in each unit, the game now requires higher specs, but it wasn't hard to change my settings about to keep things running smoothly. On the topic of the battles I think I can sum them up in one word: EPIC! With such massive armies the game has a great sense of scale on the battle field.

Overall I love this mod, 5 stars, yes I admit, its not 100% stable and the English translation is not complete, but taking into account this is a mod made by players, not a multi million dollar company like SEGA, I think that you have accomplished an amazing amount and personally speaking I would say that this is easily the best mod (of any game) I have ever used.
    Thanks you very much for sharing it with us all

EDIT: Also I love the fact that the game (on very hard mode) is just that, very hard. Thats an issue I had with the actual M2TW it isn't 'very hard'. I like impossible challenges as it means you'll keep coming back to get further than last time.
    Last edited by ::Nexus::; March 05, 2010 at 10:55 AM.