Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: First impression

Please don't get angry/annoyed at anyone captcruch. The people over at DAC are working hard to keep up with the Third Age team. You should appreciate all of their hard work. They do this for free you know. They don't deserve to be criticized for anything. Do you know how long it takes to even add just one unit, that's already ingame, to another faction? Do you also understand how much determination it takes for a mod/sub-mod to keep going? They could have easily just stopped after version 1.2, but they thought of their fans first. I for one am greatful for what they have done. I have seen many promising mods go to waste because a) lack of interest, or b) real life issues have caused them to give their ideas up.

Same goes for the good people that are working on the translation. They have a life, believe it or not, and can't fix everything. If you are disappointed in their work, why don't you help them or even start your own translation? Do you have any idea how kind these people are for doing this for us, in there free time? They could be spending that time out having fun and make us do it. But no, they decided to be generous enough to translate this wonderful mod (for which I thank the Call of Warhammer team) for those who are incapable of reading Russian. I thank all of those who work to help others enjoy what they have.

I'm sorry I sounded mean and/or rude, but please take into consideration what all of these kind people have done for the community. I understand if you don't like something, but please say it (if you must) in a polite manner. I don't tolerate rudeness/unkindliness very well.

I apologise for anything that has offended or upset anyone. I do not wish this upon anybody.

With regards,
    The Holy Pilgrim

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

+1 with HP.

Moreover, captcruch, if you are looking for a french translation there is one in the submod section which is very well done (nearly complete - this is the one i use).
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

nah, people won't change, they always complain and want more
    +rep for Pilgrim
    critics should be constructive. rude critics will be moderated
    Last edited by Beregond; February 10, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

As mentioned above, it's quite valid to give constructive criticism or to raise concerns about possible issues in the mod. I do hope to see less insults or hostility directed at people who behave in a civil manner.

On another note, my first impression of the casters is much better than I thought it would be. After playing with them, they provide a potent, needed force, at least for the Empire.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Lol constructive criticism

Only some of the people understand how much work already done (and for FREE, i believe you know what it is, but i am not sure), so the another sort of people haven rights to criticism our work....

When you do something global like our mod , you become to man, who can tell us - lol, you did not so perfect product as i did!

before that, you cant do that....
    Last edited by Werebear; February 09, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

Yeah, it's been pretty heavily reinforced with several posts that this was something done for free, otherwise it wouldn't of happened with the countless legal issues that would involve that. Well, if it's constructive, then I don't see the issue, since it may give insight as other players have here, on how to improve on the many aspects to the game.

I suppose it depends on the group whether it's wanted or not. Also, there is no reason to direct your passages at me, since I was speaking for people who make those statements and not particularly myself.

I won't be discussing this any further, as to avoid getting off-topic.

People on here for the most part have been respectful, with a few exceptions, most notably the person that Holy Pilgrim addressed.
    Last edited by Ethien; February 09, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Suggestions and impressions not demands and criticism

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

If so....all people who make topics with message "I request" must be banned.

Even i ,deserve to be baned because i was rude in the past making some critics .

By the way....i make critics only if i am interested by something...

This mod was the best of the best with potential,quality from the game,and quality of discussions from the forum...but after some time things has degenerated

I lost almost all my interest about this mod(80%)
    Last edited by Beregond; February 10, 2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: as I said, rude critics will be moderated

Citizen

Now, requests are permitted, it's just a matter if the person asks in a positive/polite tone or a negative/rude tone. Suggestions are meant to help, not hamper progress. They don't, however, have to be demands.

Well I was just playing a Hochland campaign, when at some point Chaos became undivided. It was ok until I turned FOW down, and then I see like 100 armies of Chaos, from the North to the Empire. The question is, after Chaos becomes undivided the game ends right?
    Because, not even with all the empire armies (that became very weak after years of war) it's possible to win.

Citizen

Undivided = impending doom for mortals!

That kinda sucks right? It's impossible to win
    Is there any strategy, or just ''Hold tight and die!'' ?

Citizen

Or you could kill the Chaos before they unite next campaign

That's true!
    Gonna call an Invasion to the north

Senator

makes sure to keep the witch hunters back home so they can greet your armies when they return home, because im sure a good number of them will be spouting a third eye, and an extra arm or two

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Lol constructive criticism

Only some of the people understand how much work already done (and for FREE, i believe you know what it is, but i am not sure), so the another sort of people haven rights to criticism our work....

When you do something global like our mod , you become to man, who can tell us - lol, you did not so perfect product as i did!

before that, you cant do that....
    So because you making a mod, you are above all us ? Let me put me on my knees at your feet my Lord ! You should listen conscrutive criticism. You are just a man not a god who have always right. I am a modder too and I understand is never easy to read criticism. But the communaty can bring many things to your mod. Moderate the constructive criticism is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Da-Soth View Post
    So because you making a mod, you are above all us ?
    No, but i think people who didn do something to mod, dont know how hard it is. So they haven't rights to criticize

Quote Originally Posted by Da-Soth View Post
    But the communaty can bring many things to your mod
    With criticism? Sure not! It is just words about their wishes.... Only if they make something, like people in submod selection or like CoW forum moderators, they bring something to mod and community. Another way - it is just tattle

It is easy rule - if you want something, do it
    Last edited by Werebear; February 12, 2010 at 03:22 AM.

I never talk with King Kong...

And i already say my position

Do you realy think that we dont know what we have to do??? Trust me. we can decide that our self!

We need more hands, not brains... We need people who want to make something for helping us or for make their ideas real, not the people who just can criticize our work. We know all bad things in mod.
    Last edited by Werebear; February 12, 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Psihopat, don't call people names, if Kong has stopped to listen your suggestions, don't publicly bash people.
    And in terms of modding, Kong is sort of "god" in it. Hes mods are example of that.
    And no need to push it, Isilendil already sayed his position.