Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Default Re: First impression

First impression, im really enjoying it, nice mod.

Chose the Undead faction for my first run through the campaign. Must say excellent skins, making for some epic battles. I like the necromancy traits on the generals, being able to replenish my armies after victories is very well done, in terms of balance i thought a counterweight could be something like lose the general (the necromancer giving life to the army) then lose the army - might even things up for balance for the other factions.

Carn't wait to see what you do with the Skaven faction when it comes along (by a mile my personal favourite back in the days when i used to tabletop) Skellies vs Skaven will become the toughest of my future campaign choices

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I just noticed the armor upgrade for Tzeench and Nurgle Chosen causes them to mutate. Awesome.

artmanphil's Avatar Foederatus

IT DOES?! MAN there should be an encyclopedia of what cool there is in CoW!

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah. Chaos "upgrades" are actually mutations caused by "gifts" from the dark gods.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

artmanphil's Avatar Foederatus

We know the background, but we did not know you made it possible! Is there more stuff like that?

Ratsiez foe dinna! Ratsiez foe tea! Ratsiez when yo want 'em! Ratsiez foe mae!

I love this mod It's a great first realease and despite the OP Chaos warriors and shaky starting economies it's a lot fun

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

This is warhammer! Chaos and Orcs rule this world!

Finally got a chance to play version 1.01 and I noticed they added two Bretonnian units as mercenaries and Night Goblins as a faction, not sure if anything else was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    I love this mod It's a great first realease and despite the OP Chaos warriors and shaky starting economies it's a lot fun
    I modded mine slightly to fit my preferences.

- All standard empire foot troops (swords, pikes, spears, guns, crossbows, bows) Not 2 handers or cav have free upkeep
    - make all chaos warriors units 3/4 of the size. Works well for me now.

Love 1.1 its fantastic and hardly any crashes so far.

its a great mod... the best in my opinion

i am a big dwarf fan and tested them in some custom battles. i think the dwarf artillery is to weak. 3 units of the empire organ gun can beat mass of orks or chaos before they reach melee range. the dwarf artillery doesn't have that potential... not in the least (not even in combination with the rifle guys). or do someone have a special tactic?

i think the dwarfs should have a tough infantry + a very good artillery (they are famous for the war machines?) because they are quite immobile (no cavalry and as i noticed no counterpart to the enemy cavalry except the plugs of the standart infantry)?

thank you for this great mod guys and thank all those people who are helping to get the mod translated!
    Last edited by Tarantoga; December 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

This mod rocks! It has the best models for any fantasy mod! It beats Mark of Chaos hands down. It just needs some balance, UI, and translation tweaks and It can possibly be the best mod for M2TW ever

This is not a scam, trust me!
    Depends on how much you trust me I guess

Oh Yeh, Heres the first Helms Deep video I made! -never got around to making an updated one -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdcfj5MT0lA

There's even unique captain models for the mercenary leaders (Ricco, Leopold, etc.) This mod has so many nice little details.

With the 1.01 Version it works fine!

Love this Mod, great Battles. I can just dream about the finished work, when Music, Text etc. will also be done.

Thank you for making this mod

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by derdavid View Post
    With the 1.01 Version it works fine!

Love this Mod, great Battles. I can just dream about the finished work, when Music, Text etc. will also be done.

Thank you for making this mod
    do you mean other than the music patch???I sort of like it the way it is

my mistake,

i mean the sound of the units, not the music, sorry!

just i gonna say that im playing the most awsome campiagn with vampire counts , but in the turn 24 a strange event happedn with one imperial province, i dont know what happend since the event are still in russian but for what i can see was that the entire province of Ostermack become something of tzeentch

here there is some images of the event

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...5b86e1e163.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...09a2263906.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...8efb763bdf.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...ce5b125482.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...ebc2592a7b.png

Maybe they turned to Chaos. Time for you to burn some heretics.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

playing as the emperor (vh/vh) and I LOVE IT!

orks, night goblins, dwarfs and beastmen are dead, elves are passive and chaos has united. both ostland and talabacastuff have turned chaos and i lost the northern half of the empire for a time, but now im rolling them back. the northwest of the empire rebelled against chaos (not enough garrisons imo), that comes handy.

a hint for all empire players troubled by chaos knights and blood dragons: use gunpowder! and then use some more..... esp the pistoleros are wiping their a##### with heavily armored bad guys, they just run around them and shoot em off.

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    Maybe they turned to Chaos. Time for you to burn some heretics.
    mmm poor dogs then, i was helping them in secret killing powerful khorne chaos lords that are in the nort of sylvania with my vampire assasin, after he die in a failed success the empire make a crusade against drakenoft not too well for them
    now i just gonna say that nothing is gonna stop the chaos now and his friends of Ostermack, except of course they have the courage to pass sylvania and piss off Manfred Von Carstein
    because nothing is gonna take sylvania, mmm maybe is time to rise the army of the death and march to altdorf

Well i've been an avid fan since Shogun:TW..... and I've always continued following the series of games from CA, even the not so great Empire:TW.....

And to get things into perspective, I've also been an avid mod-gamer, testing way back and modding a little back in the original Medieval:TW with wess's mod, wrote a bit of text and a little historical research (Yeah im a History major)....

But the one thing that never came through with all versions, a Warhammer based mod.... I even got to helping writing texts for the ill-fated Warhammer mod for Rome:TW..... (so if you need a bit of help for the units or fluff, i have most every book ever published for GamesWorkshop titles and games since 1995)...

So congratulations from a Warhammer fan, and a satisfied fan.... sure their are things lacking, but ill let the other Horn blowers give you trouble with those..... i just love the game and can't wait to see what you guys come up with next........

So I believe this thread should be for all the congrats and applauses deserved to all the team and still working members...

Malkav..... from all the way up North in Nasgaroth..... (Canadian here)....