Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: First impression

Quickly tested some factions, and now playing Sylvania campaign... And I love it! Truly a masterpiece you have made here.

I haven't downloaded the mod yet because I'm waiting for the translation to be finished but from the camp map I saw there doesn't appear to be a Slaanesh Chaos faction, will one be added later?

Great work! All I can complain about is the Sylvanians they are overpowered I think. Blood Dragons are incredibly tough and the skeletons can't flee. Getting my ass kicked over and over.. But oh well, haven't tried all factions yet but everything I've seen so far is fantastic. keep up the good work team and please hurry up on the translation
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat - Napoleon Bonaparte

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I haven't downloaded the mod yet because I'm waiting for the translation to be finished but from the camp map I saw there doesn't appear to be a Slaanesh Chaos faction, will one be added later?
    Followers of Slaanesh is already in the game. There are five Chaos factions:

Khorne
    Slaanesh
    Tzeentch
    Nurgle
    Chaos Undivided

will the mod have its own file soon and not require overwriting or renaming anything?

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    will the mod have its own file soon and not require overwriting or renaming anything?
    I would highly doubt it, but its really easy to change it over to english.

Install original mod
    Copy english text files over the top of russian ones.

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

Excellent work team!

I played first as Night Goblins (I really LOVE multiple times the squig riders), then as the Vampire Counts.
    As I won a battle with them, I noticed how the awesome music "Dracula's Castle" from the psx Castlevania was their victory fanfare.

JUST. DAMN. AWESOME!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    You can still play your teutonic campaign if you copied it and just renamed it.

Just change the ending (right-click on shortcut and click properties, and change the target line) of the Teutonic Shortcut (non-steam) from this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --features.mod=mods/teutonic

to something like this (or whatever your copied teutonic folder is called)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --features.mod=mods/Copy of teutonic

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Gentlemen I have got my audio repaired and that is the greatest music I have ever experienced in any TW game... I love Schubert and Hendel, so you can say I have a bit of an ear for good music and this music fits to the atmosphere like a glove...Sorrow out.

artmanphil's Avatar Foederatus

I've still got some weird music sounding like from an oldskool midi game.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Whens movies to be released or are they already in game? I notice in preferences that movies are turned off.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

@ the developers of this mod:
    there are many mods for medieval II around here. they add factions, scripts, regions, texts. so they add huge megabyte (gigabyte!) of work. but bigger does not automatically mean better ( i respect other work also and do not want to criticize them, just to give a comparsion).
    take for example your skins and combat models: one free company adds lots of more DEPTH to the game then ten different units of medieval spearmen. these skins are awesome, their animations, their officers, their weapons, their special abilities. so much detail in it. love this mod.
    i wish you good luck with your future plans and work!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I just love how all of the factions have their own specific units. Even the Empire factions have some units that the others don't. The amount of detail on the models are outstanding! They're better than some of the models of actual games (such as Empire).

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by artmanphil View Post
    I've still got some weird music sounding like from an oldskool midi game.
    You must be either young or a recent gamer. That music is the soundtrack from "Warhammer: Dark Omen", an epic game with epic music. That music with my boyz charging gave me a spark of nostalgia.

DarkReborn, I LOVE midimusic and I play Games for about 15 Years. And I remember the awesome Dark Omen, but I have to admit, the Soundtrack was not on my mind. I only thought it does not fit the orchestral stuff.
    Ok after knowing of what kind the music is, let me correct: AWESOMEEEEE SOUNDTRACK!

I've started to get these random crashes it sucks. Im at round 40 something and it just crashes sometimes can be after or before a battle, when I end turn or something else. Completely random. Any Idea how to fix it?
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat - Napoleon Bonaparte

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMaximus View Post
    I've started to get these random crashes it sucks. Im at round 40 something and it just crashes sometimes can be after or before a battle, when I end turn or something else. Completely random. Any Idea how to fix it?
    First of all, check your error log. Then post in the proper thread.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

First Impression is not the Bug Topic -.-

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

There is one song I don't think fits well with the game. It plays during Chaos battles, it sounds like some kind of techno song. It's from the Berzerk soundtrack, all the other Berzerk songs in the mod are good choices though.

-edit- the file name of the song in question is chaos_mobilise1
    Last edited by randir14; December 28, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMaximus View Post
    Great work! All I can complain about is the Sylvanians they are overpowered I think. Blood Dragons are incredibly tough and the skeletons can't flee. Getting my ass kicked over and over.. But oh well, haven't tried all factions yet but everything I've seen so far is fantastic. keep up the good work team and please hurry up on the translation
    The Blood Dragons are Vampires and the Skeletons are undead minions. Though I don't know about the Blood Dragons, maybe limiting their recruitment some more might be best? And maybe making Vampire Count Bodyguard Black Knight instead.

I'm not sure whether its only the Vampire Counts but if you win with them then your undead units get refilled and you gain some new units. So after each victory your army grows, thats definately a good part. Their music is creeping me out though.