Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Default First impression

Plz write your comments

Default Re: First impression

It looks very good, I still haven't played the campaign, but the custom battles look very good, I've taken a look most of the models, and it's an awesome experience in the battle map, very good work! I'm eagerly waiting for a proper english version before I start playing a full campaign.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

i am a long-time stalker and i waited for this mod very patiently;-) now it is out i have to say to you and your full team, congratulations, every minute was worth the waiting for it, i salute you...played a couple of custom battles and i must say, wonderful, yeah...i also would play a campaign when the english translation is ready to go, you see, english isn't my native language and i hope somebody understand the i wrote here, hehe, so i have to learn english first, before i try a second language;-)
    i voted for you at moddb.com cuz, this mod is my christmas highlight and derserves the title for mod of the year

What the guy above me said is true! Also, I've seen the campaign, it looks very good, altough a little bit confusing to me because I don't know much about the warhammer universe. But this is a wonderful way to learn I guess =D I can't wait to see the unit descriptions and other stuff to know more

Tiro

Been playing a bit now and have to say it's really stunning. The blood dragons really are good in power as they should be, just slaughtered a full unit of Empire pikemen without losing one single man. Maybe you could reduce their numbers a bit tho and increase the power of every soldier. Would be more according to lore as every individual in the unit are a vampire and therefore got great powers even tho they are minor vamps and not lords. Just a little suggestion for further updates. Maybe you could distinguish the text from background better too, maybe put in black text instead of white in the menus. The mod needs a bit of polishing though to make it even better then it already is but i'm sure you are aware of this too. Also there is an issue with the map and fog of war displaying on the minimap but not the actual campaign map.

Hope you dont get me wrong now with all those critics, this is still one of the best first releases i've played of a MTW2 mod. Rly good job and there's just some minor polishing needed to be done left and you'll have the best mod for MTW2 ever.

If there's anything I can do to help you just send me a pm or something.

First of all,congrats to this great mod
    i just started the nurgle campaign and i got some little things to critic.I know its the first release but i just want to give some points where you can continue your great work
    I use the german medieval 2 fully patched and installed the mod correctly.
    1. I dont have any menu,which u can see on the screenshot.
    2.The Units got no voice for me,i just hear the "Huar" when i send them to attack a enemy unit.
    3.The cavalry of the nurgle general + bodyguards rush much to slow in the enemy rows,they dont rush like usual cavalry,but they run with normal speed in the enemys,result is that they dont kill many units with their charge.
    4.Some unit cards a missing,like nurgle champion bodyguards
    5.the textures of savage orc boyz or something like that are missing.

Thats all i can say for now,like i said i dont want to complain about anything.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5772/sdsb.jpg

Awesome, needs traslation and some bugfix (i get an error at the third turn of the campaign), but the warhammer feel is all here.
    Keep on the great work!

Tiro

JoPs: Wierd with the cavalry, my VC cav charge normally, at least i think so. Might be something that nurgle actually are a bit slower then other factions as they are in lore if i'm not mistaken.
    I got the same thing with the menu but it's working fine as i'm pretty experienced with MTW2(played a bit too much ).
    I think the voices might be fixed, an idea is to take some from Mark of Chaos and put them on the correct units. Might be a bit of a problem for factions like VC that arent present in the game but there should be enough material to make good voices there too if you take some from other games/movies. I'm really looking forward to see a fully finished version of this mod with a full english translation, the whole RPG part with the faction leaders is gone for me atm as i can't make out what the trait says but i'm happy playing anyway. I'm pretty sure some of those traits are damn cool tho so would be fun too understand them.

I noticed the Castlevania music in VC campaign, so damn epic, makes me wanna play through SotN again.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by cassastereo View Post
    (i get an error at the third turn of the campaign
    bug topiс

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post6499793

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Details for units are amazing.
    Variety is extraordinary.
    Absolutely all parts from this mod are priceless.

I know many mods but no one can be compared with this masterpiece...and i assure you all...i don't give undeserved congratulations .

Is obvious about first release to have some minor problems,but the mod himself beat everything from all TW series/mods.

P.S. just a humble opinion...from a "small" man...

the campaign map is very detailed and accurate.
    In it's current state the mod is far superior to mark of chaos + expansion.
    MOTY without thinking.

This is what I´m waiting for!! Awesome mod. Thanks to the team - u got my respect! Now i got some questions: when will the complete translation be done? Is it normal that some factions got the picture of i.e. mamelukes (or so... this camelriders from mtw2)? Would u please add speech to the units when selecting them? Please reply.... So i´m afk for waaaagh :o)

Thanks for this xmas present!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Great mod! It is one of the best mods I have ever played!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

From the unit presentation and in depth roster drawing many obscure units from all across the warhammer canon to the excellent new animations for both battle and death,this team has accomplished something I and many others never thought possible and were beginning to wonder if it was beyond the possibilities of the engine.I am pleased to say that this mods first presentation has without a doubt surpassed all expectations for what i thought this mod,or any mod, could be.Naysayers be silent this is the pinnacle of M2TW modding.Bravo all around,for we all now see that this was well worth the wait!!!!!!!!Excellent,sheer genius on every account
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; December 25, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I've only played a few custom battles so far and I must say this mod is outstanding. The art and unit variety are incredible, and the graphics are hands down the best of any Medieval 2 mod. I would venture to say it looks even better than Empire in some ways.

Titus2009's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by JoPs View Post
    First of all,congrats to this great mod
    i just started the nurgle campaign and i got some little things to critic.I know its the first release but i just want to give some points where you can continue your great work
    I use the german medieval 2 fully patched and installed the mod correctly.
    1. I dont have any menu,which u can see on the screenshot.
    2.The Units got no voice for me,i just hear the "Huar" when i send them to attack a enemy unit.
    3.The cavalry of the nurgle general + bodyguards rush much to slow in the enemy rows,they dont rush like usual cavalry,but they run with normal speed in the enemys,result is that they dont kill many units with their charge.
    4.Some unit cards a missing,like nurgle champion bodyguards
    5.the textures of savage orc boyz or something like that are missing.

Thats all i can say for now,like i said i dont want to complain about anything.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5772/sdsb.jpg
    Hey man, some of those issues counted for myself too, but I fixed some of it:

1. ?
    2. Don't know if you have unpacked the sounds, because that's needed.
    3. Don't have that problem.
    4. ??
    5. ????!?!?!!?

Looking back on this worthless comment, I found that I have only answerd 1 of ur questions...

Sorry!!!

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

It's beautiful, I finaly downloaded it and it's beautiful!

I have only a few things to say:

The main part of the mod is done and it is done superbly, my congratulations, all that is left is minor tweaks and I have a few questions about them:

1. Will you be implementing custom voices for the units any time soon?

2. Would you mind if I made new portraits, unit info cards and event cards once I finish with the banners?
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

I've only played some custom battles which were amazing. It's great to finally be able to play his army (in my case Nordland) with the total war engine. I tried the campaign but there's way too many features that are still in russian. And if translation wasn't necessary, the game would be just a fantasy version of vanilla and clearly, you've managed to create an entirely new game.

You did a wonderful job. THANKS
    And you deserve a special thanks for being able to continue even with all the guys "you stealers!" "won't be released!" "WHEN DO YOU RELEASE IT? LOL"

One of the greatest mod of all time (and it's just the first version!)

My only critic is that the installation isn't so easy: I had to make 3 attempts before getting it working right and I've got the feeling that the sound patch doesn't work...
    The other would be the translation but you're working on it. So, good luck with that.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Guidrion View Post

My only critic is that the installation isn't so easy: I had to make 3 attempts before getting it working right and I've got the feeling that the sound patch doesn't work...
    The other would be the translation but you're working on it. So, good luck with that.
    The patch works believe me. If you have music and if your orcs and demonettes don't yell "YES MY SULTAN!!!" Then it works.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Very nice surprise !

Downloading it now !

+ rep !!

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast