Page 59 of 418 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 8344

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CAT Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Curial publications would be an issue with Content, would need all clear from Legio + Juvenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    @MD see the CCC thread
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanįr View Post
    @Bethencourt:
    Whom and why? If somebody might like the idea and see a point in it, he will contribute to that idea. If he does not, he won't. If it needs superfluous offices to create some sort of motivation to participate in the first place, than the idea is crooked to begin with.
    Sorry I had not seen this before.

I am aware the inner super motivated curial believers that spread the true word is not what we have to count in tens or hundreds.

This idea of CVRIA promotion is really new. It is a purpose. And organized purposes tend to succed much more that random ones. Motivation is an essential part of human nature. Nothing is done without motivation. I am sure you know this.

In public affairs, not the private ones, the motivation has a problem that is that the individual can expect that the effort may be done by others, so why would he care. Think about a road. If there was not city hall who would make the road. The neighbours by voluntary and spontaneous will? doubtfull. One way of motivation is penalties if you do not contribute, if you do not pay tributes taxes you are penalized. But other way is by making the personal visible profit bigger than the cost. Then you have salaries of civil servants, charges, power feeling, awards, medals, recognition.

Me my self am a civil servant. These days I have to decide if I get into a contest to promote. Maybe I wont be here much active for some days.

Hey! I can hear the Halleluya! GRRR
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 28, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

@CAT Feedback:

How about CVRIAL Podcasts?
    Moderated debates?
    A CVRIAL Gazette or Courier?
    @moderated debates:
    You misunderstood me or I expressed myself abigously. I meant a member of CAT acting like a host of a debate in either a thread or a podcast.

@Curial publication:
    Why limit it on reports? Review a debate but not as in the old helios "and bla posted *insert quote* to which bleh responded *insert quote* while xyz was of *insert quote* opinion" but more like abstracts of a discussion. Or showcase the latest members who received an award and then present a CV of them or even better, an article WHY they deserved the medal. Report about elections - if they may be interesting. Portray the electees or whatnot. PR for projects (if any) in the FM. Threads worth reading in the Symposium. Abstracts of debates of the past (living history forum abstracts) and so forth.

Heck the CVRIA has 10 years of history next year, there are a lot of topics one could write an abstract about hehe. Could be fun
    Okay so here is the more detail.

The podcast could be done, and would be a great idea. But do you know someone who could regularly produce a Curia podcast, and indeed would other people be willing to partake in it? I have no idea how to even go about making a podcast etc. If someone could do it then they'd be a great addition to the CAT and I'd offer them all the support I could. Things like comments on recent applications, election, a live election debate, comments and reviews on proposals, a discussion on a medal proposal would all be amazing things to get done on a podcast, but do we have someone who would be willing to do it?

Moderated debates in the Fight Club would be awesome, and we're thinking of adding it into some other things we have planned - so thank-you. Having two prolific citizens engaging each other would be a good way to raise awareness of the Curia, and maybe the winner could have some points of some description added... but these things are being discussed.

And the Curial publication is another potential success (you are on fire!), however I believe there is another discussion going on in the Curia about that? So I'll limit comments and just say if someone put a team together the CAT would be honoured to have them. The problem is the amount of duties we are taking on, I have no problem at all with someone PM'ing me with an idea for the CAT, and a team list, a run down of how it will work etc. and then getting it included. The CAT isn't made up of us 4, it is made up of every citizen - we are just the ones who have been chosen to run an idea that has been implemented, if another idea was implemented then more people would be selected to run that idea.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

@Podcast:
    You already have MD in CAT who did the last one, even though he has not published it yet.

@Moderated debates:
    Yup either there or in the Symp.

@Pub:

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Citizen

Blog Entries

If MD is willing to carry it on then that is brilliant.

Blog Entries

If not all you need is skype follow this and master the result with audacity, then you can publish it on youtube and link it here, done.
    Of course you need an idea of what to talk about and what not. You're a content man, if in doubt, I suggest asking Daily for a quick tut

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Sadly I don't have the time to run the Podcast. But I'm sure whoever does it will appreciate this.

+rep for the help.

Blog Entries

As I said, if you need anything, let me know. If nobody in CAT wants to manage a podcast, I can do so.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't think managing is the problem, it is the producing.

How regular would you be able to make it etc.?

Blog Entries

Uhm, managing is producing it sit down and think of what the subjects should be, think about hosts, create the script and what not, then record it, finish it, publish it. That all is best done by one person. You don't need somebody on top of that telling you: produce it.

As for me, I don't know, depending on many things. Topics, Guests, motivation.

Just to be clear, actually I expect you, CAT, to do such things, that's what you got elected for. My opinion is not that you got elected for to tell other people what to do, but to do something for other people. And I don't like being focused on in exchange for elected CATees leaning back.

IF CAT cba to produce something, than I will eventually do it, as I've said.

Citizen

Blog Entries

No, we were elected to run the Product Reviews forum - other proposals would require other people joining the CAT to run their idea. You cannot expect us 4 to run every idea going?

If you want to do this then great! Join the CAT, and I'm sure we will be able to help out every so often. You said MD ran it before, it could be something you do together?

Everyone seems to be viewing the current CAT as people who do things they suggest. The CAT isn't a group of people, it is a process where people who want to help out the Curia in different ways can come together and do so. If you want an idea to be done then propose it, join the CAT, and get doing it.

That statement if the "CAT cba to produce something" is, and I'm sorry, but a completely useless approach to take. We, as you so kindly put, "cba" because we are being arsed doing other things. 4 people cannot run everything. This is what I want to get across - if you want to have a go at doing something then PM with the idea and you can join the CAT and do it, if other people want to do the same sort of thign they can join together and do it. So what if it doesn't take off? The fact that you've tried is more important.

CAT rant over.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; November 29, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

We obviously disagree. If I wanted to be in content staff, I would've stayed in.

Besisdes, you don't simply join CAT, you can run for being elected into CAT if your fellow Citizens elect you. Your idea of CAT is not mine. Nor strikes your idea of CAT true with me.
    Last edited by Aikanįr; November 29, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I think we must do.

Us 4 current guys aren't the whole CAT, we are the Product Reviews section of the CAT - other ventures require different (or just more) people.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; November 29, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries

What is there to do in the product review forums that requires 4 people at the moment? There is no need for local moderation at the moment. You don't do plagiarism checks, or are you? You don't do product comparisons, or are you? All you do is discussing in your forum. When you will eventually start with the idea of mine next month, you will simply open submission and poll threads and that's it. Wow, 4 man overworked with that.

If your idea of CAT is a private discussion room, you could've simply opened a social group.

And before you start, I'm not expecting CAT to take on every proposal. I was shooting ideas from which you can, if you so wish, cherry pick, if you so decide. If you don't, fine.

Note to self: stop Aik
    Last edited by Aikanįr; November 29, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I think that is a bit harsh Aikanįr but this getting into the realms of personal for me so I'll leave it.

All I'm trying to say is that we can't run every idea, however they are all great ideas and it would be a shame to let them disappear - so if one (or more) of us 4 can't take it on then (or even if we can) having people join up to the CAT and run it would be great, and that is something I hope you are considering.

Blog Entries

This is nothing personal. Look, it was asked what could be done, so I provided ideas. IF I would've felt tempted to actively create one of the ideas, I would've done so to begin with. I would not need any officialized team to do so. I would just do it.

If people think that action should be taken and are asking for ideas, I'll provide them.

Concerning the potcast, I know that MD was pretty fond of the idea, heck he even already produced the first. If this is not picked up, I might do that. Why not, I like the idea. But I for sure won't mass-produce something for the sake of mass-producing something in order to bring whatever massage across or promote an agenda or what not.

Citizen

Blog Entries

And no one is asking you to. We are a group of volunteers, we do what we feel we can fulfil.. not what others have asked of us.

Thank-you for the input, as always it is greatly appreciated. I was just stating that if people want to pick up these ideas then that would be great. They can do it though the CAT if they wish, but if they don't we can't force them to either.

Content Emeritus

Keep in mind that any publications/podcasts/etc. independent of Content are released on the forums they will not get FrontPage Announcements or any form of publicity like that. We reserve the FP and other tools for official Staff initiatives.

The Duffer newspaper was given an FP announcement by Beli

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    The Duffer newspaper was given an FP announcement by Beli
    I don't know what the circumstances around that were, as I was not involved in that decision, Major; however, my post stands as current policy. I'll quote it again because this reply started a new page!

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Keep in mind that any publications/podcasts/etc. independent of Content are released on the forums they will not get FrontPage Announcements or any form of publicity like that. We reserve the FP and other tools for official Staff initiatives.