Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

So it is someone else's fault you cannot ask the questions you want to ask in the place where those sorts of questions are explicitly reserved to occur?

Or, and my goodness, are you insinuating site moderation has engaged in activities to disenfranchise you with regards to such debates and questioning of candidates? Don't get me wrong. Basically every single thing you post with regards to politics and even the curia is laughably wrong and baseless, but I will defend your right to post it.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; August 04, 2022 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So it is someone else's fault you cannot ask the questions you want to ask in the place where those sorts of questions are explicitly reserved to occur?
    Or, and my goodness, are you insinuating site moderation has engaged in activities to disenfranchise you with regards to such debates and questioning of candidates?
    Not sure what triggered you there. What am I supposed to ask now? Clearly you know better...

Don't get me wrong. Basically every single thing you post with regards to politics and even the curia is laughably wrong and baseless, but I will defend your right to post it.
    Just so you know, not being able to address the rebuttals/criticism of your claims/arguments do not constitute laughably wrong and baseless things as you suggest. It helps to be accurate about these basics.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; August 04, 2022 at 04:59 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

So you didn't have any questions? Sweet.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 05, 2022 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Wrong name reference removed

So you didn't have any questions? Sweet.
    Already asked my question. Had my answer. Commented on that answer even. We had cake. Sorry you didn't get any piece. If you have some magical information on what I'm supposed to ask next about do tell us and entertain the lot please. You have no idea how much fun it can be to see that.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 05, 2022 at 07:54 AM. Reason: For continuity
    The Armenian Issue

So you are satisfied. Ask another question then, or I invite you to...use your imagination.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That is quite problematic coming from a moderator.
    If you were not so prompt at spreading your rant against Moderation, you would have noticed that I'm acting here as Consul and not as Moderator. Regarding my answer itself, would you have prefererred to get an hypocritical answer?

Perhaps the staff that moved my post to this thread disagrees...
    For your information, the debate thread is dedicated to discuss about the applicants and their motivations. As far As I'm concerned, I have not applied to become Magistrate. Hence the reason why your post has been moved here as not related to the on-going election.
    But yes, I could have done like my predecessor and just have deleted it as off-topic.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

"I'm not being problematic in my capacity as a moderator, I'm being problematic in my capacity as a Consul!"

But yes, I could have done like my predecessor and just have deleted it as off-topic.
    The pettiness is incredible, keep it coming please - it's the main reason to come to the Curia these days.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    If you were not so prompt at spreading your rant against Moderation, you would have noticed that I'm acting here as Consul and not as Moderator. Regarding my answer itself, would you have prefererred to get an hypocritical answer?
    It wasn't a rant against moderation in general. It was a criticism of a stance you took while wearing the Moderator badge. You acting here as a Consul here doesn't really change the problematic nature of your apparently biased view of applicants. I would not have preferred a hypocritical answer but I did indeed got one.

For your information, the debate thread is dedicated to discuss about the applicants and their motivations. As far As I'm concerned, I have not applied to become Magistrate. Hence the reason why your post has been moved here as not related to the on-going election.
    No one criticized your moving of my post here. In your attempt to counter anything I said you are making really petty points. What you should have done was to explain to Pontifex Maximus why my post is here given that he deemed it off-topic earlier. That's the second time in a row that you have conducted in a biased fashion.
    The Armenian Issue

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Seth, your posts were moved because they were off-topic. The debate thread exists to apply for magistrate and to ask questions of the candidates, that's it. You did neither of those things. Nobody is trying to censor you. Get over it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    You mean when I oversaw one of the most active periods in Curial history?
    Last 5 years? Yes. Site history? Nah fam.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 05, 2022 at 05:39 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

It wasn't a rant against moderation in general. It was a criticism of a stance you took while wearing the Moderator badge. You acting here as a Consul here doesn't really change the problematic nature of your apparently biased view of applicants. I would not have preferred a hypocritical answer but I did indeed got one.

No one criticized your moving of my post here. In your attempt to counter anything I said you are making really petty points. What you should have done was to explain to Pontifex Maximus why my post is here given that he deemed it off-topic earlier. That's the second time in a row that you have conducted in a biased fashion.
    Is that it?
    That's such a disapointment. This is so... common.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Last 5 years? Yes. Site history? Nah fam.
    You mean when I oversaw one of the most active periods in Curial history?
    I was there, too.

It was certainly a very active period, but it was mostly due to the plethora of new modding awards assigned, and that was a joint effort, so no one can claim to have a special merit on that. From the point of view of discussions/amendments it was pretty standard, just slightly better than 2020, but by far not even close to the glorious times of the early and mid Curia.
    Last edited by Flinn; August 05, 2022 at 06:00 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

"I'm not being problematic in my capacity as a moderator, I'm being problematic in my capacity as a Consul!"
    Is that a mea culpa?

The pettiness is incredible, keep it coming please - it's the main reason to come to the Curia these days.
    Good. At least I can do one thing well.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

You did wel sexy assistant of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Seth, your posts were moved because they were off-topic. The debate thread exists to apply for magistrate and to ask questions of the candidates, that's it. You did neither of those things. Nobody is trying to censor you. Get over it man.
    I never said I was being censored. I never questioned why my post was moved here either. I'm not sure how you manage to get it so wrong.

Is that it?
    That's such a disapointment. This is so... common.
    See? Petty commentary... You seem to be mirroring the exact same kind of conduct you guys criticized Akar for.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Be honnest with yourself: the only reason you're creating all this drama and bad tossing is just because you have found anther way to give some to a moderator outside the Mod Com. I don't mind. Keep going if it pleases you. As I said in my post you quoted, this is so common that I'm bored with it

Be honnest with yourself: the only reason you're creating all this drama and bad tossing is just because you have found anther way to give some to a moderator outside the Mod Com. I don't mind. Keep going if it pleases you. As I said in my post you quoted, this is so common that I'm bored with it
    Yet, you are the one creating drama right now. A really petty one at that. A false one too given that lately I've been on the side of moderators more than I have criticized their actions. I really didn't expect your conduct to stoop so low.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

If you say so. I have nothing to add.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Is that a mea culpa?
    I don't know, depends

See? Petty commentary... You seem to be mirroring the exact same kind of conduct you guys criticized Akar for.
    To a ing T, it's honestly hilarious to see coming from Lifth.
    God you just cannot resist responding to people with snark and condescension, can you?

If you say so. I have nothing to add.
    He says, continuing to respond.

The irony is palpable.
    Last edited by Flinn; August 08, 2022 at 04:28 AM. Reason: removed a direct offense

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Dear Citizens, the amendment to have the elections set in due time has passed (see results here). The Constitution will be updated within the next few days.

Hilarious to drop in after years away and see not a single topic of conversation in the CVRIA has changed!

Also that Patricians are back, but alas I do not seem to qualify.