Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

In any case I personally don't think that any disciplinary barrier should be put to Awards, but this is just, like, my opinion, man, and ofc it's worth a separate discussion.
    The disciplinary barrier exists because the large awards also grant citizenship. Also, you have awards like the Loincloth which are literally for good behavior.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes I know that, and indeed it's another thing that should be changed, IMO. I mean large awards granting citizenship

And you know what? As long as those standards aren't requested to be upheld in order to retain those awards, it is really pointless to have them, to begin with
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I fully disagree with both of those statements. A large award is much harder to get than citizenship and it is awarded for exactly the same things, meaning it HAS to come with citzenship included.

The standards act as a filter and they ARE maintained, you temporarily lose your citizenship if you break the ToS.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Well that is personal I guess... but if I look at the large awards reasoning I see no mention to having to comply with the same "standards" as of citizenship.. It is the Constitution that creates this connection between the two.

And again think of this: you can get and accept a large award and still refuse to become a Citizen, so telling that it HAS to come with citizenship included is not correct and thus the logic of "has to respect the same standards" has no grip, atl to my way of reasoning.

Would you like to put up a discussion about this? I think more people might want to weight in if it gets the proper exposure.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The large award allows for the granting of citizenship. The recipient has the option to accept it or not.Moreover, large award winners have a distinctive color (and it used to have its own badge as well). Whether or not they accept citizenship is immaterial when it comes to expectant behavior as long as they are have a distinctive color to their name.

The entire point of these awards were to promote the site. Ideally, you want all members who are "distinct" by color and/or badge to behave exemplary. Large award winners are defacto citizens.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Your claims are not backed up by the Constitution, unlike Flinn's.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

My comments were mostly based on historicity, not the constitution. The part that dealt with the Constitution was correct and consistent with the same part that Flinn corrected Adrian on.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Latest Consul election is over!

Changes will be implemented asap. Congrats to Lifthrasir for his victory and many thanks to Akar for his long service.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'd like to thank all the people who took the time to vote and especially those who put their trust in me. I'm available for any enquiry related to the Curia, here in the Townhall or by PM.

While the administrative stuff is on going, I can already announce that I'm nominating Flinn and Gigantus as my Censores. Their experience will be priceless to second me in my new task.
    However, as Gigantus is currently a Magistrate, he'll have to quit his current position to assume his role as a Censor. A Magistrate election will be set shortly. Meanwhile, Gigantus remains Magistrate until the election ends as per the Constitution.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Sounds like a conspiratorial arrangement to me.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I suggest establishing an independent investigative body to look into these matters.

Consuls come, consuls go, but Flinn stays in power.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Consuls come, consuls go, but Flinn stays in power.

Blog Entries

Flinn is the real and only power in the Curia
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I fly higher

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'd like to thank all the people who took the time to vote and especially those who put their trust in me. I'm available for any enquiry related to the Curia, here in the Townhall or by PM.

While the administrative stuff is on going, I can already announce that I'm nominating Flinn and Gigantus as my Censores. Their experience will be priceless to second me in my new task.
    However, as Gigantus is currently a Magistrate, he'll have to quit his current position to assume his role as a Censor. A Magistrate election will be set shortly. Meanwhile, Gigantus remains Magistrate until the election ends as per the Constitution.

Blog Entries

Thanks Brew

To all, a new Magistrate election has been set. The Application Thread is here and the Debate Thread here.

Blog Entries

And there's a new CMS article up as well!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    I will withdraw my application.
    Any spesific reason that made you change your mind? Is something we should know about it or personal?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.