Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Chat about curial matters. Here is what the opening post says is the purpose of this thread.

This thread serves as a place to voice general concerns, comments and remarks on any and all Curial proceedings and matters, including, but not limited to, elections, votes or tangents of proposal discussions.
    Don't think it says anything about plugging your Skyrim mods, does it?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

True but considering that this one has been tolerated in the Curia main forum, Leonado is perfectly free to create his own thread about Skyrim here as well, isn't he?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 26, 2021 at 06:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's a bit off topic and despite the rationale still seems out of place, but not something to really strike down. If it was actually advertising the mods it might have been nixed, but just mentioning them and pointing to a bit of info regarding Bethesda is fair enough. Quite a lot more useful than many posts among these pages, I'd wager...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Can we VonC Bethesda?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Off topic discussions are welcome in the Curia. Speaking of which, where is Flinn?

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

They are most definitely not welcomed. In addition, his previous threads should be removed and put in the Symposium or their appropriate forum. Rules being broken or ignored in the past is not and should never be precedent for them to be continued to be broken in the future.

Off topic discussions are welcome in the Curia.
    You wanna quote something that says that, because both this thread AND the forum purpose blurb disagree with you,

"A Citizens only forum for the discussion of proposals for the betterment of the site and nominations for citizenship, awards, and elections."

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Chat about curial matters. Here is what the opening post says is the purpose of this thread.

Don't think it says anything about plugging your Skyrim mods, does it?
    So, what you're saying is that modded citizens, we who are Artifex, cannot chat about modding without posting a thread in the Curia.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

The proper place for such discussions is the Symposium. You are free to discuss modding or whatever in the chat thread there or to create a new thread in the Symposium.

The Curia is a forum for citizens, whether artifex or not, to discuss Curial activities, citizenship, and the other things that I mentioned above.

As an aside, the aforementioned threads have been relocated to the Symposium. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
    Last edited by Akar; May 26, 2021 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries

They are most definitely not welcomed. In addition, his previous threads should be removed and put in the Symposium or their appropriate forum. Rules being broken or ignored in the past is not and should never be precedent for them to be continued to be broken in the future.

Then, you can delete at least 50% of the Curia

You wanna quote something that says that, because both this thread AND the forum purpose blurb disagree with you,

"A Citizens only forum for the discussion of proposals for the betterment of the site and nominations for citizenship, awards, and elections."
    You can remove the 1st part as well in that description because, let's be honest, the Curia has done all - can't find a better expression - for the betterment of the site for years now.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Whether or not the goal has been accomplished doesn't change the goal .

What have you done to improve the Curia lately, Lifthrasir?

Then, you can delete at least 50% of the Curia
    Which threads on the current front page of the Curia do not meet at least one of the following requirements?

discussion of proposals for thebetterment of the site and nominations for citizenship, awards, and elections

Blog Entries

What have you done to improve the Curia lately, Lifthrasir?
    Nothing and have no shame to say it. I've lost faith in it a while ago. I've done more than enough for it by the past and have earned my curial award for it.
    What about you?

Which threads on the current front page of the Curia do not meet at least one of the following requirements?
    You're the Censor. You decide. Let's see how you're gonna use your "power" in here.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 26, 2021 at 03:00 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I've done more than enough for it by the past and have earned my curial award for it.
    What about you?
    This is my second term as Censor, so quite a bit .

You're the Censor. You decide. Let's see how you're gonna use your "power" in here.
    So you're not willing, or able, to back up your claim that 50% of the threads in the Curia need deleting?

Blog Entries

Don't count on me to make your "duty" easier. You have accepted it. Now do it, wisely if possible.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It worries me that this might be the same attitude that you approach moderation with.

How disappointingly childish.

To everyone else: if you happen upon a rule breaking thread you should either PM the consul or one of his censors or simply report the thread and it will be dealt with promptly .

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Please disregard the first draft of whatever I just posted. Poorly edited nonsense from a far too busy mind.

1. Akar has a point. The Symposium is the citizen dedicated place for curially unrelated but still citizen exclusive chit-chat, so the threads that were moved went in the right direction. In this chat it's ideal for content to relate to the Curia as well, even if that content may be silly and the moderation is relaxed. Historic content as far as a couple pages down did not follow the formalities that are both convention and constitutional today in pretty much all of the Curia forums. Best we can do is get it right going forward.

2. There are plenty of opportunities for the Censors to make a stake in the Curia in the course of my term. Akar's put in a fair showing so far. Going after each other per the above exchange is silly and not something we need even if it is amusing to read. Unfortunately, keeping the peace is an aspect of putting things in order. So lets not brawl over who's contributing what. If there's a problem, by all means give honest feedback. It doesn't need to devolve and we don't need to measure e-dongs.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; May 26, 2021 at 05:24 PM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Blog Entries

It worries me that this might be the same attitude that you approach moderation with.

How disappointingly childish.
    That's quite ironic.
    First, you could have answered to Leonardo in a less harsh manner.
    Second, considering your reaction to a little sarcasm of mine, the unforgettable memory of your 1st term as a Censor left in the curial annals and how you usually react along the Curia, I'm wondering who's the most childish here
    Before to question my moderator aptitudes, you should ensure to be above of any criticism yourself.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It doesn't need to devolve and we don't need to measure e-dongs.
    If we did feel the need to do that the Symposium would be the appropriate place, yes?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If we did feel the need to do that the Symposium would be the appropriate place, yes?
    Well that depends. If we are measuring Curial edong, then it would probably suit the Curial commentary and chat.

For other business though, the Symp would probably be better...

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

The proper place for such discussions is the Symposium. You are free to discuss modding or whatever in the chat thread there or to create a new thread in the Symposium.

The Curia is a forum for citizens, whether artifex or not, to discuss Curial activities, citizenship, and the other things that I mentioned above.

As an aside, the aforementioned threads have been relocated to the Symposium. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
    I didn't thought that my post on page 376 would cause that kind of drama.

You know, hasn't it occured to you that something one wants to say doesn't need a thread, instead only a post would better rather than having a thread with few posts or just the OP with a lot of views and no replies.

Btw... Isn't the Symposium meant to be for serious discussions with academic aspects of a subject?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

That was an original ideal. It's vended quite a lot and throughout time has been used for casual citizenry chat. In any case while the Symp is ideal for chat among citizens but not necessarily the Curia, one post about mods won't hurt anyone.

You shouldn't be surprised, we needed something to be antsy about. Easier for me to just tweak things than play the activity game...