Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    He can only do so if he has been given those badges. Vague memory seems to recall that in the old days all badges were given upon receiving citizenship. Myself I have only applied as Artifex and hence can only display Citizen and that one.
    Yes, you have to apply for it, but is there anything that says you cannot? I wasn't given anything. I had to apply for the citizen group, and I can apply for the artifex or civitate badge right now, even though I never had them before. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to limit the ability to apply.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

You can apply to all three technically: It is up to each citizen which badge they choose to display.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but in my time as Curator I'd limit people to one group. This was partially because I believe in being a member of one of the groups and secondly and also most importantly had to do with referrals. I had to manually revoke citizenship in three different user groups which was a damn hassle and seeing as I proceeded over a ton of referrals which ended in revocations or suspensions I just made it easier for myself. When suspended citizens came back to the fold I also told them to pick one and stick with it.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

What the hell? We used to elect our administrators???? ​https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...nsul_Elections
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but in my time as Curator I'd limit people to one group. This was partially because I believe in being a member of one of the groups and secondly and also most importantly had to do with referrals. I had to manually revoke citizenship in three different user groups which was a damn hassle and seeing as I proceeded over a ton of referrals which ended in revocations or suspensions I just made it easier for myself. When suspended citizens came back to the fold I also told them to pick one and stick with it.
    I believe that is how it should be done, just to avoid unnecessary work and confusing.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    It seems my age old TWC curse of being absent has indeed caused something crazy to occur in my absence again. So should I take seat for the moment ooorrrr....?
    Ok, who let dad wander out of the home?? Shh, Shh there there.

We should just have the one badge. We don't have badges for every thing you can do on the site. There is no reason to specially point out modders anymore. If anything they make up the vast majority of those put forward as citizen anyway.

Then why are you trying to divide a badge into several awards that will "specially point out modders"?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Then why are you trying to divide a badge into several awards that will "specially point out modders"?
    I am reducing the citizen badge to a single badge.

There are 3 awards not including the Artifex. One award is divided into levels. My proposal. Three awards still.
    My proposal barring Squids suggestion is to have a title underneath as well as an medium award.

So under my avatar
    Civitates or Citizen Badge
    Artifex

then beneath the reps, an medium award for Artifex.

I would be for having "Creative Writers," "Gaming" etc...

It just doesn't make sense to me why we should do that. Why destroy a system that works and everyone is happy with, and waste site resources on creating permission groups for every imaginable activity when they can be neatly grouped into 3 badges.

It just doesn't make sense to me why we should do that. Why destroy a system that works and everyone is happy with, and waste site resources on creating permission groups for every imaginable activity when they can be neatly grouped into 3 badges.
    Simplification
    A bit over-dramatic to say it will "destroy" a system. The discussion is about streamlining things, not destroying what we have.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Simplification
    A bit over-dramatic to say it will "destroy" a system. The discussion is about streamlining things, not destroying what we have.
    Pike, please re read my first reply to your proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'll be straight: I don't see any benefit in it, it will be turning into huge role-playing around something that instead should be kept simple; also, it will create the necessity to do a lot of technical changes which are just but a waste of time and resources.

"snip"
    it's exactly as Adrian says.. and if a Hex telling you something so straight about "wasting resources" doesn't ring a bell in your head...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Simplification
    Streamlining that requires multiple new user groups, which in turn comes with increased memory usage, load times and required database space. That doesn't sound like streamlining mate.

You've had good ideas and you've had bad ideas. This is one of the worse ones. Just let it go man.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Pike, please re read my first reply to your proposal.
    it's exactly as Adrian says.. and if a Hex telling you something so straight about "wasting resources" doesn't ring a bell in your head...
    No it is not. If there are three badges and we change it to one badge and two uergroups that is still three usergroups.
    Moreover, It is talking point. Plus, discussion of adding badges wasn't an issue anyway.

Streamlining that requires multiple new user groups, which in turn comes with increased memory usage, load times and required database space. That doesn't sound like streamlining mate.

You've had good ideas and you've had bad ideas. This is one of the worse ones. Just let it go man.
    See above;what additional usergroups? Besides, It is a discussion. I just provided talking points. Anyway, ...

These user groups

Artifex "Creative Writers," "Gaming" etc...

These user groups
    The user group was an additional talking point and that is supplement to the additional. I personally see no point in having it. I prefer Squids suggestions better.

We don't have badges for every thing you can do on the site.
    We once had a badge for a *modded* staffer.

So under my avatar
    Civitates or Citizen Badge
    Artifex
    That is how it should be, no other badge than a modders badge.

Simplification
    The first sentence is a contradiction of what you said in the second sentence.

And streamlining things in a system that works is the same as destroying it, isn't it.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

The last sentence in section A in the Citizens Handbook can be removed as the referrals are no longer in place.

9. Before submitting a Citizen Referral, first consider whether you have misunderstood their intent and seek endorsement of your grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    We once had a badge for a *modded* staffer.

That is how it should be, no other badge than a modders badge.

The first sentence is a contradiction of what you said in the second sentence.

And streamlining things in a system that works is the same as destroying it, isn't it.
    1. I was referring to citizenship. Context
    2. Civitate was the original badge and it refers to non- TW related activities. This was the case when the modders rank was added. A Civitate and an Artifex were two different ranks and badges. It was latr added to citizenship. Citizens badge was added fo those members who activities crosses into both, but on their merit would not merit either badge. If they simply amended the requirements to include modders with Civitate, they would not even needed to create a new rank and badge. However, that proposal would had most likely had failed if I read the arguments correctly.
    3. No. It is like going from regular beer to lite beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    The last sentence in section A in the Citizens Handbook can be removed as the referrals are no longer in place.
    The Consul should be able to amended it to replace "submitting a Citizen referral" to "proposing a Ostakon"

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

3. No. It is like going from regular beer to lite beer.
    How is that not a profoundly destructive and inhumane act?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.