Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I was shocked to see these badges, can we have an option to at least have the old ones as an option?
    total agree.
    the mew one hurts my eyes and sense of aestetics.
    Last edited by absinthia; March 17, 2019 at 06:15 AM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

They are larger than the previous badges. Perhaps resizing them will make be more appealing.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You had what... 10 weeks to react. The 1st round took 4 weeks and the 2nd one 2 more weeks, not to mention the 2 weeks of duration for the poll after each round. There have been announcements every where it was possible to make them. There have been several discussion threads about that subject prior to that competition.
    How long you, people, do you need to react? Funny to see you're waiting for their implementation to voice your opinion
    Honestly, if you're not happy about them, just make a proposal to get the former one back
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

^ This is not necessary. people are busy and sometimes you do not notice the announcements. I know I sometimes miss them and I am on all the time. Plus people have the right to not like something. Some times it is just good to vent. The badges are new. They are different. Some people may take longer to have them "grow on them." Best to wait at least a month or so. If you still don't like them, then we can talk about the old ones.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I think it’s just the shock of change. Sure the sizes could be changed, but I like the new look.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    ^ This is not necessary. people are busy and sometimes you do not notice the announcements. I know I sometimes miss them and I am on all the time. Plus people have the right to not like something. Some times it is just good to vent. The badges are new. They are different. Some people may take longer to have them "grow on them." Best to wait at least a month or so. If you still don't like them, then we can talk about the old ones.
    My point is not to oblige everybody to like the new badges. But people, and especially modders, should know how to express their disagreement with a minimum of respect for the one who did the job and his work.
    I'm curious to know how these 2 guys would have reacted if I was criticizing their modding work in the same way
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    the mew one hurts my eyes and sense of aestetics.
    I concur. The new badges has more height than the old ones had.

EDIT: For reference: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-Modding-Work (the old Artifex badge for husserlTW)
    Last edited by Leonardo; March 17, 2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    My point is not to oblige everybody to like the new badges. But people, and especially modders, should know how to express their disagreement with a minimum of respect for the one who did the job and his work.
    I'm curious to know how these 2 guys would have reacted if I was criticizing their modding work in the same way
    I most surely agree
    Everyone has his own taste ofc and the right to support it, but even if we don't like something (for whatever reason) we should always respect any artist's-modder's-writer's piece of work etc

Everyone is a critic. One man's art is another garbage. Modding is actually no different. You can't please everyone.

Blog Entries

^^ You missed the point... again.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I really like the new badges, would almost go as far as to say they fit the TWC colour scheme better than the old ones. Of course, change is never easy, I remember how mad I was when the old Empire themed badges were changed...That said, please treat other people's hard work with respect and behave with some dignity. There are better ways to say "I prefer the old badges" than some comments in this thread.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I really like the new badges, would almost go as far as to say they fit the TWC colour scheme better than the old ones. Of course, change is never easy, I remember how mad I was when the old Empire themed badges were changed...That said, please treat other people's hard work with respect and behave with some dignity. There are better ways to say "I prefer the old badges" than some comments in this thread.
    Well said!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I noticed Seether and Pikestance have broken image links of their Artifex badges for me, not sure why.
    Weird. Is it working for both of us now?
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Yep it's fine now, I guess it was the propagation of the badges through the forum taking a while.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Yeah, as far as I can see they're working now, probably for most users.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Consul Application threads is up! Please consider applying for the position, as I said somewhere else previously I do not intend to run again. I revised the descriptive text of Consul that goes along with election threads. I don't know if that resides elsewhere and needs updating somewhere else. I checked the wiki, but it isn't the same.

In other Curial news, Elfdude put a lot of effort into updating the Tabularium registers not long ago. I just went through and updated a few more things on them, except the Curial offices register, that one needs some more work. Either myself or Elfdude will get to that, and as promised a couple times, I will start working on updating the Curial reports.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your service in this time of curial need.

Τhank you for your service Stealth

^^ You missed the point... again.
    No, I am of the opinion that opinions are like behinds, everyone got one and I do not get overly stress because someone has one that is different than my own. The written word always sounds crueler than the spoken word.
    Personally, I am glad some names that have not posted in the Curia in while decided to do so. if it took a strong criticism to do so, then that is better than nothing.

Blog Entries

^^ this is hopeless
    May be by reading Greek Strategos and Maedros posts on this page, you'll get it. For my part, I'm done.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 17, 2019 at 11:40 PM.