Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Originally Posted by ME Of course, the curia voted in Pike, so maybe it can't be trusted.
    Curiously, you have in the past berated me for using CAPITOL LETTERS letters in my posts. You may have even mentioned my use of colored fonts.

Of course, as your own behavior as a citizen and Divus is emblematic of the "higher standards" of the curia this is not a concern.

I would have to agree that your behavior, particularly when it comes to Pikestance, is harassment.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Have you resigned as curator yet, or are you going to continue to claw on to the position.
    Like everyone else, I will await the verdict of the Curia. Regardless of my current position, I felt like the referral should have been dismissed, thus the appeal.
    Overturned or upheld, I will certainly have something to reflect upon. if overturned, The Curatorship will offer a unique opportunity to display that reflection.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Is there a faint possibility to actual discuss a curia matter without personal sniping by those involved? It seems to have escaped most - but portions of the discussion here might as well be direct copies of what members got referred for, probably are or will be, given the sentiments displayed.

It's extremely doubtful that this approach is going to achieve anything other then further decline in interest in the curia. Unless one is hooked on soap operas.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 07, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Curiously, you have in the past berated me for using CAPITOL LETTERS letters in my posts. You may have even mentioned my use of colored fonts.
    I feel the current atmosphere warranted that single use. But thank you for pointing that out.

Of course, as your own behavior as a citizen and Divus is emblematic of the "higher standards" of the curia this is not a concern.
    Forgive me. I don't see you criticizing me as something I should take too seriously. But if you feel you have a case, you know the process.

I would have to agree that your behavior, particularly when it comes to Pikestance, is harassment.
    I advise he start a harassment case, covering the last five years. If the case succeeds I'll insist it brought to whatever curial authority and abide with their ruling, no fuss.

Should it fail I'll submit a counter covering the past two weeks. Since Hex will be viewing the evidence everything will be taken into account. I could be wrong, but we'll see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike
    Like everyone else, I will await the verdict of the Curia. Regardless of my current position, I felt like the referral should have been dismissed, thus the appeal.
    Overturned or upheld, I will certainly have something to reflect upon. if overturned, The Curatorship will offer a unique opportunity to display that reflection.
    It was a rhetorical question Pike.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Enough is enough. A number of people here need to take a step back and a deep breath. If arguments in this thread flair up again I will close it temporarily for things to cool down.

Moderation/Hex have received several reports concerning posts in the Curia. They have all been ignored, and future ones will be as well if they follow the same pattern. If you want the powers that be to investigate a post/posts then you will need to send a fully formed referral to me (so that there is no chance of the censors being influenced by the referrer's ID), or to the Curator once there is one again, and be prepared for the eventuality of it being archived publically. Any referrals made will not start being processed at least until the current appeal is completed. Reports should deal with apparent ToS breaks only.

I would also like to point out that there is nothing ToS breaking in the above posts.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 07, 2018 at 04:27 PM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to say that well I had my share of drama during my tenure, this is surely beating it

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If there is one thing the Curia knows it is how to pull off good drama.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

The usual handbags at dawn scenario's played out beautifully in the Curia......get a grip chaps! your not the most important person here....I am!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The Curia does need more duffers it seems.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    The usual handbags at dawn scenario's played out beautifully in the Curia......get a grip chaps! your not the most important person here....I am!
    Couldn't agree more Sir
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 07, 2018 at 02:53 PM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The hero we need...
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    The hero we need...
    But we don't deserve.

Blog Entries

In reference to Pikestances appeal, I had noted before that the poll was to close on 10-8-2018 at 12:08 pm. However, some minutes before the poll was to close this time changed to 10-8-2018, 12:09 pm.

Notwithstanding the current votes totals displayed, this appears to me that some editing had been done.

By some possibility,....were some votes changed?

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

No votes changed (I have been watching them for the whole time it was open). In any case, if votes were changed they would, to my knowledge, not match the names listed (which wouldn't change).

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

In reference to Pikestances appeal, I had noted before that the poll was to close on 10-8-2018 at 12:08 pm. However, some minutes before the poll was to close this time changed to 10-8-2018, 12:09 pm.

Notwithstanding the current votes totals displayed, this appears to me that some editing had been done.

Just so you know, if you're levelling an accusation against someone, it would be someone from Hex, as I have no power to edit polls.

I actually thought the poll was ending at around 6:30pm GMT, but maybe I was mistaken; I didn't write it down myself.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Expiry time of a poll is relative to the time stamp of the opening post. An edit doesn't change the time stamp of the post so I am assuming the reason is way closer to home: the time displayed is linked to the time on your computer, so the most likely reason for the one minute jump will be a synchronizing (windows default setting - once a week) of your local time.

Maybe next time resist drawing conclusions and ask a simple, factual question?
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 08, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

By a majority of 14 to 12, the Curia has voted to uphold the Triumvirate's decision in PikeStance's appeal. As outlined in Section III, Article I of the Constitution, the result of this appeal is now binding, and as per Section I, Article II#12, I shall begin organising the election of the next Curator.

I have also taken on board the concerns and advise of Aik, Vet and Iskar among others pertaining to the fulfilment of my remit regarding the day-to-day administration of the Curia. Now that the appeal process has concluded, I shall discuss it with atthias, as promised, and I will get back to you. I do of course understand that the whole Curia can't and shouldn't just grind to a halt, and if this next election period takes even half as long as the previous one, then I will assuredly have to renege on my declaration that no proposals at all will be going to vote - if only to spare our next Curator that much more work. Many thanks, the election threads will be posted shortly.

Blog Entries

I applaud General Brewster's decision to return to the Curators chair, and look forward to a long period of curial stability!

​​

The House of Baltar

I applaud General Brewster's decision to return to the Curators chair, and look forward to a long period of curial stability!
    Indeed.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Brew did great as Curator and he's a shiny example of stepping up when nobody else does. I commend him for that. However, I guess he did not run the last time for good reason and I would love to see the young guys step up and take on the responsibility. We have active members here who would have what it takes to do the job, assembling a good team of CAs and taking over what was handed down to them.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.