Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    White Russian’s are the Devil.
    Devil is good

you can still pick a different drink in any case
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

You can try the Moloko. That's also with milk
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Alcohol and milk is a dangerous combination. I tried it once because, the dude. Never again.

I hadn’t thought of Alex and his droogs. Pretty sure Moloko plus had chemicals rather than alcohol, them being minors.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Milk is evil!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

congrats irontaino
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

@irontaino
    Welcome aboard buddy!

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Just want to take a moment and mention that Irontaino passed with a vote of 19 in favor 4 against 7 abstaining. Despite 18 attempts by a small camp to derail his application. In particular I'd love to thank Pike for his impartiality and ability to assess candidates fairly.

Elfdude,

I should remind you that I abstained. I did not just abstain because I was a Curator. As I said, The Curial seem inconsistent on how it applied the standard. I stated I had opposed it because that standard was set in previous cases. However, I was more curious how the Curia would end up voting. I was not going to be the "deciding" vote on how that standard would be set. I stated this in the thread as well, but for some reason you ignoring it.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I don't think you can validly equate a long standing and solidly contributing member for ten years to a newcomer who has if anything a history of divisive and disingenuous post.

Accusing your fellow citizens of inconsistency in their judgement doesn't help either, even less so as Curator.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    ...Accusing your fellow citizens of inconsistency in their judgement doesn't help either, even less so as Curator.
    Why do you post this stuff? This is supposed to be a fun and entertaining diversion. I said I was uncertain of the standard, so I abstained. As someone who studies law, you should be able to attest that standards are fluid and often change over time. It is silly to claim that to be inconsistent.

I don't think you can validly equate a long standing and solidly contributing member for ten years to a newcomer who has if anything a history of divisive and disingenuous post.
    A very ironic statement given what followed.

When will this animosity end?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    Just want to take a moment and mention that Irontaino passed with a vote of 19 in favor 4 against 7 abstaining. Despite 18 attempts by a small camp to derail his application. In particular I'd love to thank Pike for his impartiality and ability to assess candidates fairly.
    Why do you always have to see conspiracies and politically fueled vendettas everywhere? If somebody disagrees with you does not mean that person hates you.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Old Curial Business
    [Decision] Gaming Service Shield (Medal) passed concluded polls can be viewed HERE and HERE.
    [Citizen] Irontaino (Patron: Elfdude) Congratulations and welcome. Be sure to give Irontaino a warn Curial welcome HERE.
    [AWARD] Lifthrasir for Novus,
    Congratulations Lifthrasir; a well-earned award!

On-going Curial business
    [Election-XIII-2018] Magistrate, Please Vote HERE
    [Amendment] Gaming Community Badge Act has been moved to vote. There are two parts. Go HERE and then HERE to vote.

New Curial Business

No New business

I like to thank every citizen who has participated in Curia!
    If you have not voted on the ongoing polls, be sure to do so, every vote counts.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    i Made a little boo boo. I’ll get it fix.
    Any progress on this?

Well, I sent a PM regarding some things, and I haven't heard back. This happened while I was traveling to Jilin, so I haven't sent a PM regarding the poll's visibility. I am sending another PM regarding Lifthrasir's medal, so I will add it in there.

Blog Entries

No rush, was just wondering.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance, bolding by me View Post
    Why do you post this stuff? This is supposed to be a fun and entertaining diversion. I said I was uncertain of the standard, so I abstained. As someone who studies law, you should be able to attest that standards are fluid and often change over time. It is silly to claim that to be inconsistent.
    You said so yourself, just one post ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance, bolding by me View Post
    Elfdude,

I should remind you that I abstained. I did not just abstain because I was a Curator. As I said, The Curial seem inconsistent on how it applied the standard. I stated I had opposed it because that standard was set in previous cases. However, I was more curious how the Curia would end up voting. I was not going to be the "deciding" vote on how that standard would be set. I stated this in the thread as well, but for some reason you ignoring it.
    Come on, let's at least be consistent about inconsistency.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

You said so yourself, just one post ago:

Come on, let's at least be consistent about inconsistency.
    You seem you do not know what the word "seem" means in that sentence. Moreover, you ignore the rest of it which elaborates that I do not know what the standard is. is it curial or is it me?
    So, come on, can you at least try to be less obnoxious towards me? Seriously, how long is this going to last? After 3+ years, I am sorry whatever I did to you. Please forgive and move on. Let's try to enjoy the site together.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Speaking of consistency, if I was to check the vote threads would I see posts only containing the word ‘voted.’ Or are some more consistent than others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    You seem you do not know what the word "seem" means in that sentence. Moreover, you ignore the rest of it which elaborates that I do not know what the standard is. is it curial or is it me?
    So, come on, can you at least try to be less obnoxious towards me? Seriously, how long is this going to last? After 3+ years, I am sorry whatever I did to you. Please forgive and move on. Let's try to enjoy the site together.

I think calling the behavior of other citizens obnoxious only further's Iskar's original point that a Curator shouldn't do that.

*fades into obscurity*

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Why do you always have to see conspiracies and politically fueled vendettas everywhere? If somebody disagrees with you does not mean that person hates you.
    This is an ironic post considering what we're talking about. I don't know what pike's issue is. If he legitimately believes that he was justified for the reasons he posted I'm more suspicious of his perception, I struggle to believe he thought that was genuine so much as covering his ass.

I don't feel like making such a huge production about your own biases masquerading as qualifications in a citizen thread where you were overwhelmingly wrong just gets to be brushed over.