Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Haha, no worries at all mate! RL is far more important after all

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I would apply, if not for the fact that I hate you all

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Hello all, thanks for accepting me here
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Welcome matey.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

welcome axeodus
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard. I wish you a thriving Citizenship!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I made a relatively unusual and important proposal in the Prothalamos regarding the gaming area, so please check it out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Shield-(Medal)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Flinn's post in my proposal gave me an idea about another medal. Has it ever been proposed in the curia, that we make a medal specifically for modders? There are many great modders who often have a very little amount of posts and reputation, and are indistinguishable from normal members, in contrary to the fact that their work is essential for TWC, and goes pretty much always unrewarded (unless they do huge amount of work, so they can receive opifex/citizenship). I suppose for this one would suffice only "a una tantum" type medal, to serve kind of also as a "rank"?
    Last edited by Jadli; September 17, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Flinn's post in my proposal gave me an idea about another medal. Has it ever been proposed in the curia, that we make a medal specifically for modders? There are many great modders who often have a very little amount of posts and reputation, and are indistinguishable from normal members, in contrary to the fact that their work is essential for TWC, and goes pretty much always unrewarded (unless they do huge amount of work, so they can receive opifex/citizenship). I suppose for this one would suffice only "a una tantum" type medal, to serve kind of also as a "rank"?
    Artifex, Opifex and the Modding Awards all fulfill that role imo.

Blog Entries

What Caligula said
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

The final message of the Curator Brewster:

Majestic Citizens of the Curia,

I come before you a last time, a last time as Curator. I have said much and shall keep it short. I really want to thank Lifthrasir, Frunk, Belthasar Bolton, Pontifex Maximus and Van Zandt. My mebers of cabinet who have helped keep the Curia running smoothly. They are a set of the best and brightest here on TWC. Furthermore I'd like to thank Iskar, Aikanár and Halie for the times they have offered advice when I asked for it. Now it is the time for someone else to take over so I can enjoy other things on the site. Not too long ago I was named a member of staff to head of the TWC University and try and revive it. Now I will have the time to fully commit to that role and tackle a new adventure.

To my electorate, you guys were the greatest. I have been part of many elections and I've known my fair share of defeats back in the early days but now here I stand. Having had 16 months to be the moderator of the Curia with very interesting times. I have presides over 30 referrals since I took up the office. Since 2015 the Curator's began with indexing the referrals and their outcomes in a hidden thread. Since then there have been 76 in total. That means that I have presided over 39% of all referrals since 2015.. an insane amount! I have said it before, I truly hope that the behaviour of some citizens improves and that referral that seem to be the product of vendetta's will no longer be produced.

Now I shall say my final goodbye. I will hang up my monocle and lurk from the shadows. Goodbye!

Blog Entries

*wipes tear

I might not have been around to vote for you, but it was about 8 days after I joined this site that it all began. I dunno if I was aware of the curia existing at that time lol. Anyway, you’ve been steering the ship pretty much all the time I’ve been here (16 months is a long time, jesus), so farewell Supreme Leader

Appears I was maybe a bit wrong about that bismark comment to you a while back though
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    The final message of the Curator Brewster:

Majestic Citizens of the Curia,

I come before you a last time, a last time as Curator. I have said much and shall keep it short. I really want to thank Lifthrasir, Frunk, Belthasar Bolton, Pontifex Maximus and Van Zandt. My mebers of cabinet who have helped keep the Curia running smoothly. They are a set of the best and brightest here on TWC. Furthermore I'd like to thank Iskar, Aikanár and Halie for the times they have offered advice when I asked for it. Now it is the time for someone else to take over so I can enjoy other things on the site. Not too long ago I was named a member of staff to head of the TWC University and try and revive it. Now I will have the time to fully commit to that role and tackle a new adventure.

To my electorate, you guys were the greatest. I have been part of many elections and I've known my fair share of defeats back in the early days but now here I stand. Having had 16 months to be the moderator of the Curia with very interesting times. I have presides over 30 referrals since I took up the office. Since 2015 the Curator's began with indexing the referrals and their outcomes in a hidden thread. Since then there have been 76 in total. That means that I have presided over 39% of all referrals since 2015.. an insane amount! I have said it before, I truly hope that the behaviour of some citizens improves and that referral that seem to be the product of vendetta's will no longer be produced.

Now I shall say my final goodbye. I will hang up my monocle and lurk from the shadows. Goodbye!
    Not goodbye, see you around! At least you have better!!!

Could someone please propose this man For Curatorial Award? Although, somehow that seems woefully inadequate.

I salute you sir!!!

Dear citizens,
    There are a few new and old businesses still be discussed, please weigh in. Your opinion matters!

Old Business
    Decision Post of the Fortnight
    Decision Gaming Service Shield (Medal)

New Business
    General Brewster for CURIAL SERVICE AWARD
    [Civitate] mad orc (Patron-♔PikeStance♔)
    Gaming Community Badge Act

On-going Election (Voice your opinion and vote!)
    Election XII 2018 Censor

New Application for Magistrate...Apply today!
    Magistrate: Apply here, Debate here.

Curator's Assistants
    Looking for a few good men. Old Guard or new young blood looking to contribute for the benefit of the site.
    PM me if interested.

Just noticed that I am the 115779 of this site... put things into perspective.

Blog Entries

If everyone could take a look at the POTF discussion and leave their thoughts either there or here that would be much appreciated thanks

Blog Entries

lol I was just made aware of this

one of the most absurd decisions of the Curia ever

Blog Entries

You can still veto it

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    lol I was just made aware of this

one of the most absurd decisions of the Curia ever
    I disagree. why would you want unsubstantiated claims to be made?

Blog Entries

What a mess that whole charade was http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-2018)/page486

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

So how does that rule work with posts that were subsequently deleted, but were visible in the public domain? or posts that were in the public domain and were subsequently moved to private staff forums (but you only reference what was in the public domain)?