Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    This is indeed how I operate.
    I've said it before, you're a great Curator. Long way GB, long way

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Ishan went from top five most respected members to not even in the conference league, he made an almighty balls up and paid for it in far more ways than we'll ever understand. Taking away his citizenship was the proverbial straw, A miscarriage of justice that needs to be put right.

Disagree on the time limit.
    Rather than revisit an old decision, with the administrative complications that entails, why not just sponsor him for citizenship again?

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Rather than revisit an old decision, with the administrative complications that entails, why not just sponsor him for citizenship again?
    There are no administrative complications. I considered this, and if Ishan wanted to go that way I'd consider it again.

However...

The removal was a miscarriage that never should have stood, a new candidacy would be like accepting it was correct.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Considering there is no end date for appeals I don't really see any administrative complication to a eventual appeal Ishan could bring to us. Perhaps the only thing is that the people who decided then are less active then they once used to be. Either way there's no reason from the constitution or one by me to not let it take place if Ishan chooses to do so.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome and gratulations to Earl of Memory and Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ!
    Thanks to those who administred and to all Citizens who participated

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yes indeed, welcome!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

welcome amongst Earl of Memory and Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ!
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The 2017 Mod Awards are finally up. Get to nominating.
    Here is a signature bar made by Lifthrasir that you can use to advertise the awards.

[abbr=Click here to be redirected to the 2017 Modding Awards][URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1680-The-TWC-Modding-Awards"][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ueu9BcO.png[/img][/URL][/abbr]
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 09, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Welcome to the new citizens, well deserved lads
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Another stuffup with the polls? Results not shown for the Snap-Election. #RussianInterference
    What were the results?

Blog Entries

Yes the polling system failed us. LolIsuck fixed it and now everyone can view it.
    Let the record state that it was not a mistake with the settings made by me (And I'm not even kidding )

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Yes the polling system failed us. LolIsuck fixed it and now everyone can view it.
    Let the record state that it was not a mistake with the settings made by me (And I'm not even kidding )
    Dont worry dear fellow!....

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    There are no administrative complications. I considered this, and if Ishan wanted to go that way I'd consider it again.

However...

The removal was a miscarriage that never should have stood, a new candidacy would be like accepting it was correct.

Even in real life appeals have a deadline after which you automatically accept the sentence was correct. 4 years is too long ago. Besides iirc people were really pissed at Diomod for picking Ostrakon, an appeal then would have passed wit5h flying Wengers. Now, not so certain as most of the citizenry have no idea who he is and all they have to go on are the Politia threads.

An application would pass though, easily. I for one would vote for him. As would most of the oldies.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 10, 2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Just curious, but I notice the poll closed 25 minutes early. So, not open exactly 24 hours then.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

The poll had already closed when I closed the thread. It's possible the time got screwed because I forgot to change it to GMT+2 and there's generally some leeway in the time I put down and the actual time the poll runs. This has to do with the thread edits I normally have to do witch link to application etc etc.

Though 25 min a little lot.. I'm certain the poll was closed already though.. hmm.

Blog Entries

The poll had already closed when I closed the thread. It's possible the time got screwed because I forgot to change it to GMT+2 and there's generally some leeway in the time I put down and the actual time the poll runs. This has to do with the thread edits I normally have to do witch link to application etc etc.

Though 25 min a little lot.. I'm certain the poll was closed already though.. hmm.
    Speaking in reference to my time (Central, USA), the thread was created at 7:15 am. I am fairly certain that you would have to load the poll after that.

But if you closed the thread that would also close the poll. I did some tests as a local moderator and that all was confirmed.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

I'm not disputing the point you are trying to make. I always check if the poll has been closed before I close the thread because it is indeed how you say.
    However, the setting was show result when closed, the result didn't show aftr I closed the thread either which prompted LolISuck to change it to always view which solved the problem. Either way, if I closed the poll too early or not it should've showed so I presume there was a technical issue.

Either way, he time stamps are clear I was too early with closing it. Considering the considerable gap in votes I'm not inclined to void it either. I hope that's a shared view. I humbly apologize for the headache anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Even in real life appeals have a deadline after which you automatically accept the sentence was correct. 4 years is too long ago. Besides iirc people were really pissed at Diomod for picking Ostrakon, an appeal then would have passed wit5h flying Wengers. Now, not so certain as most of the citizenry have no idea who he is and all they have to go on are the Politia threads.
    An application would pass though, easily. I for one would vote for him. As would most of the oldies.
    I don't know; when it comes to revocation of citizenship, it is probably best to not have a time limit.

Just curious,snip.
    The poll had already closed snip
    Speaking in reference to my time (Central, USA), the thread was created at 7:15 am. snip.
    I'm not disputing the point you are trying to make. snippity snip snip snip
    Cool, a TWC hanging chad controversy or should we call this Poll-gate.

VZ, join us on the party line.

GB for deleting my post!

Blog Entries

I don’t understand anything of your post Pike.

I am adding levity to the situation. Hanging Chad refers to ballots where you have to punch out the votes. The incident was over which votes to count in the State of Florida for the 200 elections between GW and Gore. The election rules stated the ballot has to be punch completely through to count. Anything called "Gate" now refers to any "scandal" in reference to Watergate.

The Party line does the Censor election a disservice. I am quite certain that no election since the removal of the CdeC had more than three applicants. We now have FOUR.
    More fun fact: March /April we had 7 applications for citizenship. THis is the most since We have not had that many since Nov/Dec of 2014. We did have 6 twice in 2015. Bravo to everyone!

The last bit, I am just teasing you!