Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

I supposed newer faces are intimidated by a veteran. A shame really, I would be much more inclined to vote for a newer face for the Censor position. I believe I am alone with this sentiment.

Gentlemen, please note that both Weierstrass and Sirlion have joined the ranks of citizens.

Congrats and welcome!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

A jolly good welcome indeed

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Congratz guys and welcome on board
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Pike
    I supposed newer faces are intimidated by a veteran. A shame really, I would be much more inclined to vote for a newer face for the Censor position. I believe I am alone with this sentiment.
    Hopefully. Blaming the one guy offering to fill the position for a lack of other applications, in particular if it is someone as friendly and civil as Veteraan, is a pretty cheap shot.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Hopefully. Blaming the one guy offering to fill the position for a lack of other applications, in particular if it is someone as friendly and civil as Veteraan, is a pretty cheap shot.
    pike means it sarcastically I think congrats to you for being magistrate Iskar sorry that I wasn't there to vote I may have done it don't know but if I have not my apologies RL is messing me up badly ATMcongrats to sirloin and weierstrass for becoming citizenssorry for the bad formatting (internet explorer is a bad browser :No: )brew can you or others fix it please?
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; March 20, 2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Wow, talk about your cheap shots. Here I am trying to encourage new faces to apply and I get an attack. Perhaps you want the same old people over and over again. In an ideal world, we will have new faces every cycle. One can dream. I guess not you. To each his own.

DISCLAIMER: The above is a facetious passive-aggressive response.
    Last edited by PikeStance; March 21, 2018 at 01:03 AM.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Maybe try encouraging other people without talking badly about the guy currently running for the office then? It's not a zero-sum game, you can motivate new-comers without badmouthing the veterans.

And maybe you can reply without making assumptions about what other people want or are able to do.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

I didn’t say a word about Veteraan. You need to re-read what I wrote. I spoke about other people.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Besides non-citizens are not supposed to attempt to sway citizens at all, especially in the case of applications.
    See this post, and the next four/five onwards. Imo its basically the same as the applicant's paragraph. A Non-Citizen voicing their opinion, but they don't get an actual vote.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula_ View Post
    A Non-Citizen voicing their opinion, but they don't get an actual vote.
    That is correct, they don't. Life is hard, but goes on. (Actually, mish is a citizen, resigned, who can claim it back any time)..

Such an interesting thing, resignation of citizenship. I think it should never be construed as a shield to the strictures of citizenship, should it ever be renewed.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

For the record mishkin's citizenship was revoked by the Triumvirate (referral 2016-8 in Quaestiones Perpetuae), not a mere lack of usegroup usage. In order to become Citizen again a new application is required.
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 21, 2018 at 07:36 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    Such an interesting thing, resignation of citizenship. I think it should never be construed as a shield to the strictures of citizenship, should it ever be renewed.
    Well, there are some rules about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitution
    Reinstatement of Citizenship will only be permitted if the petitioner has no active Curial suspensions, and has not received a Moderation Warning (subsequent to the resignation) within six months of the request. Members who resign their Citizen status are not bound by the obligations of Citizenship whilst on leave, but any misbehaviour prior to a request of reinstatement can be subject to Referral (if the petitioner is readmitted).
    Probably not entirely waterproof, especially when a long time has passed since a Citizen has resigned at the moment they ask to be readmitted. However, it is possible to refer a Citizen for something they did whilst "on leave".

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    For the record mishkin's citizenship was revoked by the Triumvirate (referral 2016-8 in Quaestiones Perpetuae), not a mere lack of usegroup usage. In order to become Citizen again a new application is required.
    I didn't know that. I thought he'd resigned. That changes things..

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    A Non-Citizen voicing their opinion, but they don't get an actual vote.
    A disgraced former citizen. His opinion is irrelevant.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

You might think that, others might find the opinion useful.

Disgraced isn't the case (gladly), it was simply on request, as that was the only avilable solution for a complete revocation: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...OF-CITIZENSHIP

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Disgraced isn't the case (gladly), it was simply on request, as that was the only avilable solution for a complete revocation: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...OF-CITIZENSHIP
    He was disgraced, the whole revocation was based on behaviour unbecoming. Or he resigned (can't have it both ways), but went about it with a dash of extra drama queen (the revocation is not constitutional, so meaningless despite it's fabulous intention).

He can still claim it back. However, given his leanings since it's removal I doubt he'd pass now any way.

"Disgraceful" is not by default the same as thing as "unbecoming"; and if you personally define the desire to not remain a citizen, or loss of citizenship in itself, disgraceful I must admit I never knew you for having such sore toes, Halie, hehe. What do you call it when someone does something actually unethical and offensive?

I must assume you by claim mean if the revocation is appealed to the Curia, or Hex if to act outside of the constitution, and in that process overturned. Until such an event the Citizenship is de facto revoked (in difference to just resigned) and the option is constrained to apply trough a patron again as any other peregrinus peer of his.
    (annoying spelling btw, with -k- in revoke but -c- in revocation ^^)