Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Ah true. I just asked here, since before the amendment condensing Section V, the small awards such as POTW were in the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    So since Section V of the Constitution was condensed, what governs small awards such as the Picture of the Week and Video of the Month?
    Is it just the "Awards" tab now, rather than an established Constitutional thing?
    This is precisely why I stated that the Constitution should function as a site by-laws. This site traditionally functions with a wide degree of transparency. Moreover, it would had been nice to have everything in one place. Things are a but convoluted. perhaps if enough confusion is created we will go full circle.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I don't see how including awards which are irrelevant to the Curia in the Constitution (or "By-Laws") would be any more transparent, or less convoluted, than the large "Awards" link at the top of every page on the forum.

And everything literally is in that one place:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/awards.php

The "Constitution" wasn't just about the Curia, but the site. A fact that is no longer just gradually fading, but rapidly fading.

The majority disagreed with you. In fact, nobody elected to suggest that the Constitution was/is about the wider site, but rather just the Curia and some specific parts of the site (namely, the Tribunal). The Curia never has had remit in non-Curial awards, so to include them in the Constitution would be pointless and potential misleading.
    Last edited by Frunk; July 06, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

I know what people think, I am just stating the original intent.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

What intent? Yours or the majority's one?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    What intent? Yours or the majority's one?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I know what people think, I am just stating the original intent.
    The site has been around for over 14 years as one form another and I have been a member for just the past 6 years. I have nothing to do with its intent.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I missed my own TWC anniversary. Yesterday I was a member for 6 years. A good 5,5 of those as citizen, this way I wish to express my gratitude to everyone I have met, interacted and served with in different capacities. It has been a blast for all those years and after all this time, trial, error having felt demotivated I finally am the CVRATOR. I hope I can serve the good people that roam here for at least such a time period more. Thank you all.

Special thanks to this wizard called Son Of Peverel, whom discovered me during the fastest rising newb election in 2011(or 12).
    Too Hader who swooped me up from Peverel's nose and patronized me instead. (*this might have been a little bit different in real life)
    Omnipotent-Q, who stood up for me when I was misinterpreted, who endorsed me on my applications and even once took his HEX liberties to intervene in the discussion the Cdec had.
    Aikanar, for always being there to tell me what I could do better or not.
    Bethencourt, who pulled an all nighter before his vacation to learn me how to DB mod, which practically enabled me to become an Artifex recipient and made me stay on site.

I probably missed a few who are just as important as the special cases, I apologize for that but know that I thank everyone of you.

Brewster.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ PikeStance, well "intent" might not be the correct term. I should have probably said "interpretation of the site intent", for which most of us have a different one compare to yours as pointed by Frunk.

@ GB, happy TWC birthday then
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ PikeStance, well "intent" might not be the correct term. I should have probably said "interpretation of the site intent", for which most of us have a different one compare to yours as pointed by Frunk.
    No, the Constitution most definitely referred to the entire site. The portions that did was purposely removed. The original intent and purpose of the Constitution is to explain the functions of the site as a whole. That is a fact, not an interpretations.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    No, the Constitution most definitely referred to the entire site. The portions that did was purposely removed. The original intent and purpose of the Constitution is to explain the functions of the site as a whole. That is a fact, not an interpretations.
    The curia had a remit which covered the 'site' with certain *limitations. The constitution never did. You forget the curia existed long before the constitution was written.

*The Curia has never had a remit to change fora in the TW sections of the site. That has been under Hex rule only for as long as I can recall going back to the dictatorship of Sulla, long before the constitution was written.

Why, is a long story involving secret societies and accusations of modder poaching which split the site and left the curia mistrusted for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The curia had a remit which covered the 'site' with certain *limitations. The constitution never did. You forget the curia existed long before the constitution was written.

*The Curia has never had a remit to change fora in the TW sections of the site. That has been under Hex rule only for as long as I can recall going back to the dictatorship of Sulla, long before the constitution was written.

Why, is a long story involving secret societies and accusations of modder poaching which split the site and left the curia mistrusted for years.
    Yes, Halie. I know this. You have shared this before in the past. I wasn't actually referring to powers within the Fora, just the purpose of the Constitution. My original argument was that the Constitution should be renamed "by-Laws" and serves as a means by which the site functions. The Constitution did this, but it directed readers to a outdated wiki entry. I would had also converted/ moved the "Constitution" to the wiki and provided a link to it titled, "By- Laws" or "Site By-laws." This way how the site function would be easily discern and understood. I should add that changes to wiki entries are kept, so this was one administrative task that would be easier to perform. This makes more sense to me, but, as it was pointed out, I was/am in the minority.

Blog Entries

I was/am in the minority.
    Is 1 even a minority?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

@GB: You've done good

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Is 1 even a minority?

Aye, well done Brewster.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Well lads, I seem to grasp that hshe spotlights a bit more then I wish. The following message is oke I've send to both my CA's. I'll try and keep you posted on how I progress. Also, thanks Aik and Frunk for the kind words above.

well hello lads, hope you had a good weekend. I fear I bring bad news.
    While i believe there is no task needing me at this time, I fear I have to inform you both that I have been hospitalized with respotory issues that have now developed into heart issues. I have no clue how long they will keep me because they have problems locating the troubles with my heart. My blood pressure keeps around 147/66 but my pulse(I hope this is the correct English term) is rocketing around 155 constantly.

It is my intention to resume my duties but if i am either can't for longer then 7 days, or problems go further down hill perhaps the best course would be to find a successor. I'll go ahead and post this in the town hall as well so the citizenry is informed too. I just though you two, my mentors and assistants should get it strait from me first.

Thanks,
    Brewster.

Blog Entries

Take it easy man.

Be well.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Don't worry about the Curia, we'll be fine as long as you're fine. All the best, man.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.