Page 18 of 418 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: Townhall

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Leonidas, remember the hell she caught last time for making that decision?
    I remember a golden age of the curia, where the debates were fair and the grass was green, the hallowed halls stood high and imposing at the top of the hill, like a beacon of light, spreading knowledge and wisdom.

A space that you were greeted with a smile on the face, a friendly pat on the back, a gentle remark when you passed. A place of happiness.

Then I went to the bathroom and the suppository that was filled of vicodin just....

in the end we have to thank you all for watching trainspotting.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Put down the pill.

Okay, here it goes. :0

MCM's seat.
    Jom is correct. A new poll is required since MCM's term isn't quite at half yet. So that has been done here.

Thank you to the staffers who applied to fill this void, but rules are rules.
    Transparency Commentary Thread.
    I've gone ahead and started a new one with some very basic rules. Keep it to the topic of the OP, that is the transparency trial. Simple.

Spam crackdown.
    I do hate to delete posts or edit them I have been noticing an increase in spammy, off-topic, or random picture posts with no reference to the source and one or two lines. I'm finding it hard from time to time to keep on track of a thread when there's a picture or random remarks interspersed between discussions.

While a bit of a joke is fine here and there the curia isn't necessarily the place to clutter with these all the time. I'd like to just remind folks to use a bit more decorum when posting here if we're supposed to take citizenship and the "elitism" of that rank to heart. Else why bother?

Besides, there are plenty of other outlets on the TWC forum to cool off and spam within.

CdeC re-votes.

There's been a handful of re-votes within the CdeC as we can all see in the trial forum.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

I believe that both instances have been explained but if further discussion is necessary please feel free to start a new thread in the curia main.

Transparency and debate within the CdeC, read non-disclosure.

This is something that needs to be discussed within and without the confines of the transparency trial. The continued instances of transparency, disclosure, applicant contact with the CdeC etc., in many a thread shows that we've not really gotten a handle on it. The curia needs to come to an agreement on what binds the CdeC's collective mouth shut during a case and what can be discussed with an applicant or patron while the application process is ongoing.

Some examples. These apply to citizenship applications and disciplinary cases, make it all even.

BG's post where the patron wrote to the CdeC to clarify some points on his client's qualifications.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...89#post8008589

Ferrerts54 case where the client openly stated that he was in contact with CdeC members while the case was open.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=374186

Lysimachus's referral case where it was out in the open in the Prom. for a while.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360821

The questions that these bring up for me include:
    • Should there be an NDA within the CdeC, transparent or no?
    • Is the patron/client or defendant/referrer allowed to provide even more examples or clarifications without being asked by the CdeC?
    • Is it proper for this lead to a dialogue type situation with the patron or client and the CdeC?
    • Are members of the CdeC allowed to discuss their ongoing case with the patron or client?
    • Does the transparency trial allow for debate or more openess between patron/client and the CdeC? Is that its purpose right now or is this something more applicable for later discussion should transparency in the CdeC become a reality?

PMs and wall replies.

I should have gotten to them all by now. If not, resend please.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Just a quick question, why is the current election for the CdeC lasting for 9 days instead of the 7 as stipulated in the Constitution?
    Last edited by Jom; September 07, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Maybe Meg hasn't got the right result yet.

Yes, this confused me a little too, she started it on the 1st but it runs till the 10th...

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

End it now and use the results we have?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Can she though? I thought that would have to be done by someone with mod power... Sigh...

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

As the Curator, she has moderation powers within the Curia. Moderators also have the permissions, but should not use them except upon clear request.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Content Emeritus

Pontifex can do it as well- as he has the moderator permissions and is Pro-Curator.

Considering the Curator has not been online for three days, that could reasonably be described as the Curator being absent and unable to deal with this issue. Therefore I will close the thread and post the results of the election right now.

PLEASE NOTE: While I may announce and move the election thread to the appropriate archive, I am unable to enforce the results of the decision without hex assistance because I have no access to the CdeC usergroup controls.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; September 08, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Ask somebody in Hex to do so.

Will pannonian be launching a VonC over the Curator's absence? I think it would be an overreaction so we should nip it in the bud.

^All fixed.

I got this from the Curial Officers, Citizens, and List of Reports as I entered in new data:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (100020 characters). Please shorten it to 100000 characters long.
    Looks like that will need splitting into some different posts! I got around it by abbreviating December for the recently elected CdeC member's end month but will try to sort this on Monday when I have a day off from work.

New election will be up shortly.

Devoirs The Empress

EDIT: I was gone for three or four days due to real life issues that came to a head recently. If I missed anything or forgot someone in my mad dash to get caught up on important matters, please let me know. And a big thanks to Ponti ( who has changed his name again! ) for fixing the SNAFU.
    Last edited by Empress Meg; September 09, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
    The Eagle Standard

Getting slightly worried about this prospective citizen's application http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8059498

It has two days to run left and only 5 votes

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

wait till the end, many members vote just before the end if they are on the fence.
    Last edited by Leonidas The Lion; September 11, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

I cant leonidas, Im feeling insecure right now... can you hold my hand?

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    I cant leonidas, Im feeling insecure right now... can you hold my hand?

sure. *puts out hand*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Content Emeritus

That was really gay.

Some CdeC members only vote at the end to ensure that any last piece of information, etc. is digested. This way they make an educated vote.

I'd like yall's opinion on how you think it be best to divide the Curial Officers, Citizens, and List of Reports thread.

I was planning on doing:

First Post- Table of Contents
    Second Post- Curial Officers
    Third Post- Citizen List
    Fourth Post- Appendix (Ostrakon, resigned members, etc.)
    Firth and onward- List of Curial Reports

Any other ideas?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Sounds good Meg