Page 17 of 418 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Townhall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    they are basically the same and serve for the same purpose
    Hmm, no they're not. Curial process is simply the day to day running of the Curia and it is overseen by the Constitution. Constitutional process is what is used to ensure the proper running of the Curia. If Constitutional process is ignored then the Curia is being mismanaged.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Does the Constitution say it's under Curatorial Discretion?

What Im trying to say is, once again, we are sacrificing CVRIAL productivity trough needless red tape. We can wait 2 weeks for a new voting CdeC member or we can have them immediately (Im not being a badge shark), I just feel that with the recent kerfuffle over the CdeC members (Inactive ones), it would be wise not to wait 2 weeks. Any by the time this new one is elected, if he is, it will be pass the Constitutionally Mandated half of a term

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    What Im trying to say is, once again, we are sacrificing CVRIAL productivity trough needless red tape. We can wait 2 weeks for a new voting CdeC member or we can have them immediately (Im not being a badge shark), I just feel that with the recent kerfuffle over the CdeC members (Inactive ones), it would be wise not to wait 2 weeks. Any by the time this new one is elected, if he is, it will be pass the Constitutionally Mandated half of a term
    And a few days ago we made someone who had clearly passed their CdeC vote wait so that proper procedure could be followed and a revote had.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Hmm, no they're not. Curial process is simply the day to day running of the Curia and it is overseen by the Constitution. Constitutional process is what is used to ensure the proper running of the Curia. If Constitutional process is ignored then the Curia is being mismanaged.
    this is why we go up with the arse not the whole body.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The Curator has spoken, and I do remember the last time she took the bull by the horhs and the fallout that followed. I think under present circumstances, it is the right thing instead of splitting constitutional hairs.

We can argue this until the October election, and as long as Hex stays silent, she's right.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

If a member of the Consilium de Civitates resigns during their term, and that term is less than 50% completed (that is, it has over one and a half months left to run), an election will be held for a replacement member to serve the remainder of the term. If the resigning member's term is more than 50% completed, the vacant position may be filled by a volunteering Staff Member who otherwise fits the requirements for the position.
    I think the constitution is more of a guide since we cannot and should not legislate via the constitution. We all have varying views on the current Curator's decision on the method to fill the seat. I think the best solution is to let the Curator make the call and fill the seat so that we can quickly and efficiently perform the needed revotes in CdeC.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why we keep electing CDeC members who cant finish their terms. How often has this happened in the past, say, 6 months?

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    I don't understand why we keep electing CDeC members who cant finish their terms. How often has this happened in the past, say, 6 months?
    Well, MCM's departure was pretty abrupt, citing what I suppose were exceptional and unforeseen circumstances in his life. There's no way to know this would happen beforehand. Indeed, we are all human - except perhaps Legio - and are subject to the same sort of crises.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    Real life is not (or at least should not) be a factor in the CdeC executing its mandate. Where are you going to find the volunteers for a 24/7 position?
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

The above is why I chose to not allow the fourth ranked applicant into the CdeC without first consulting the curia. So do yall want to vote on the missing seat and spend another 14 days twiddling our thumbs or do you want a staffer in there to finish the term?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Patrician

I think you know that I am fine with your decision based upon the proverbial above posts.

Maybe I should revive this proposal. I'm not sure why I let it be abandoned without ever taking it to the vote.

Sounds good, you can put it straight to vote if you want. So Meg, may I take the temporary position?

Content Emeritus

We could allow whoever is fourth place in the current CdeC election in, if that's Constitutional.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

its not

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    We could allow whoever is fourth place in the current CdeC election in, if that's Constitutional.
    It's not at the moment, which is why I'm reviving my old proposal to make it constitutional. Go have a read of it and see if you support: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357702

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Its common sense really. I mean if the curator announces it then it should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Leonidas, remember the hell she caught last time for making that decision?

Content Emeritus

I'd be for Jom's proposal, it seems fair.