Page 16 of 418 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Perhaps the Curator would like to clean out Transparency Commentary Thread and edit the first post with some guidlines. No disrespect to my fellow citizens intended. I had more to state, but I wisely removed it prior to posting.
    Yes it is a pity that after only half a dozen posts or so the thread falls away from serious commentary. Full blown critical thought is necessary in order to tear open the faults in full transparency imo, but not everyone is keen on such research. I'm actually not sure which way to jump with items like these. As a moderator I'd start cutting that thread apart faster then you could say "atom", but as curator I really do need to embrace openess. But to what point? I will think on this this evening and read over past instances of curator moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I was just looking through the Curial Offices, Reports, Lists etc thread when I noticed that the date format for citizenship accession is rather inconsistent. Some have the format as DD/MM/YYYY whereas others are MM/DD/YYYY, which may lead to confusion. It's only a minor thing but I think it's worth pointing out for the sake of consistency.
    Yes it is, but each person writes their date differently. If a concerned citizen or two felt like updating this, I'd be all for it. I must confess however it is not high on my list.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Section II Article I, this line:

Consilium de Civitates - A special council chamber visible only to those elected members of the council as defined in Article V.
    Should read Article IV, as V pertains to the Forum Magnum. This is a minor formative change so can be fixed by the Curator. Updating the forum permissions listed to better reflect transparency would require an amendment probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Perhaps the Curator would like to clean out Transparency Commentary Thread and edit the first post with some guidlines. No disrespect to my fellow citizens intended. I had more to state, but I wisely removed it prior to posting.
    I haven't forgotten about this; getting more information on the matter.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Howdy all,

Works been rather rough the last two days and will be so tomorrow. I have asked Ponti to watch for any polls that need starting in the Prom. or the CdeC, but I'll be back tomorrow evening or Wens. morning all the same. PMs will have to wait until then I'm afraid as I really don't feel like sitting in front of a PC screen after a long day of working with the public.

Thanks for your patience!

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Could the CdeC vote thread be changed to multiple choice please. Currently you may choose only one....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385716

Question: Will the resigned CdeC seat be filled by the 4th place finisher in the upcoming elections?
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; September 01, 2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added Question
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Seems to be a problem in the voting since I cannot select more than one candidate. Maybe a restart is need if indeed I should be able to vote for 3. Also, is the open seat to be included as well?
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Thats a good point, should be the first 4 placed

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I believe four would be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kitty von Bodemloze View Post
    Could the CdeC vote thread be changed to multiple choice please. Currently you may choose only one....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385716
    Yes it can. I am a fool when pressed for time. I'll restart the poll presently before I run off to work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386093

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kitty von Bodemloze View Post
    Question: Will the resigned CdeC seat be filled by the 4th place finisher in the upcoming elections?
    And no, the fourth person in rank will not take MCM's seat. I need not remind yall what happened last time I took a "shortcut". His term would have ended 26 October so a staff member needs to take his place instead. First come, first serve on that I believe is fair.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Can a content director take it? If so, i wouldn't mind being caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Can a content director take it? If so, i wouldn't mind being caretaker
    Do you have any staff infractions, CdeC warnings, have the time, have been a citizen for at least three months prior to this date, or like to kill small animals for fun?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

he likes to kill small animals, but not for fun, he just giggles on occasions

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    Do you have any staff infractions, CdeC warnings, have the time, have been a citizen for at least three months prior to this date, or like to kill small animals for fun?

Devoirs The Empress
    No, no, yes, yes, no

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    Yes it can. I am a fool when pressed for time. I'll restart the poll presently before I run off to work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386093

And no, the fourth person in rank will not take MCM's seat. I need not remind yall what happened last time I took a "shortcut". His term would have ended 26 October so a staff member needs to take his place instead. First come, first serve on that I believe is fair.

Devoirs The Empress
    Isn't the 26th October more than a month and a half away? The Constitution states an election to fill his seat should be held:

If a member of the Consilium de Civitates resigns during their term, and that term is less than 50% completed (that is, it has over one and a half months left to run), an election will be held for a replacement member to serve the remainder of the term. If the resigning member's term is more than 50% completed, the vacant position may be filled by a volunteering Staff Member who otherwise fits the requirements for the position.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

By the time of the Application and Vote, the new member would have less than half of it to serve

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    By the time of the Application and Vote, the new member would have less than half of it to serve
    Well, the Constitution seems to point to measuring from when the person resigned, which was actually 4 days ago. If the Curator was slow to respond, I don't see why Constitutional process should suffer.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Curial process would not suffer, by appointing a staff member straight away (Me or anyone else), Curial process would be quicker due to the straight away acting of me or anyone else who volunteers for staff temp CdeCing

Notice I said Constitutional process, not Curial.

Either way, with the current cdec absences, a straight away extra voting member would surely help rather than waiting 2 weeks. This way, when his term does run out, a member will be ready and waiting.

I think this can fall under curator discretion

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Notice I said Constitutional process, not Curial.

they are basically the same and serve for the same purpose

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes