Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Hi guys,

As the Articles system continues to get used by the Curia (hopefully!) I thought it'd be a good idea to make sure you are all aware of what is from now until the end of time to be known as the Curia Homepage.

Great name I know. Comments and feedback on articles etc. are more than welcome in the Townhall thread.

Cheers,
    We still need a good description of what the Curia is. Since we've been the only two discussing in the PM of all the past curators of the last 4? years, I think we can pick up where we left and simply discuss it in confidence, what do you think Shank?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I cant wait till Shanks fill the category of "first person shooter" with articles

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    We still need a good description of what the Curia is. Since we've been the only two discussing in the PM of all the past curators of the last 4? years, I think we can pick up where we left and simply discuss it in confidence, what do you think Shank?
    Ah, I knew there was something I kept putting off. We do need to get that done at somepoint...

If the old Curators wish to do it they can by all means... please do. I'm feeling a Curator's Alumni social group to collaborate? Or I'll just drop you and the others a PM at some-point over the weekend (hopefully!) with a draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    I cant wait till Shanks fill the category of "first person shooter" with articles

Hmm... how would that work.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Blog Entries

Ah those where the days when we used to shoot the new citizens, CdeC paintball ftw.

@Shank: simply reply to all with the latest pm whenever it suits your schedule, let's spam there inbox again

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Will do.

Good to see you're still doing God's work Shank

Citizen

Blog Entries

I have to ask, how interesting are you guys finding things such as the New Citizens Interview? I mean, are you even reading them (), and if you are what are you thoughts/suggestions etc.

EDIT: And thanks Major, must have missed that one.

I think that apart from the interest that the text has, there are also other interests beside, like the public recognition to the new citizen and the interest of letting other people know that effort is rewarded.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    I have to ask, how interesting are you guys finding things such as the New Citizens Interview? I mean, are you even reading them (), and if you are what are you thoughts/suggestions etc.
    (...)
    I read them. I like them because it gives a bit more info about the person and sometimes the patron than the usually very modest info on the profile pages.

I wonder how many people will even know they exist though. Not many check the Curia and see your message about an interview being posted. And how many members are aware of the new front end and the Curial section it has? Especially since the Home page currently is still that one with the hovering eagle.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Yeah. I guess it is a bit in danger of being "preaching to the choir". Those people aware of the interviews and sufficiently interested in matters ot the citizenry to read them would mostly be people who already are active parts of the Curia.

One would need a way of advertising this stuff to the non-citizen members of the site in an appealing way that battles both lack of interest and the conception that "those up there" are just a bunch of arrogant idiots engaging in a politics roleplay.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Yeah. I guess it is a bit in danger of being "preaching to the choir". Those people aware of the interviews and sufficiently interested in matters ot the citizenry to read them would mostly be people who already are active parts of the Curia.

One would need a way of advertising this stuff to the non-citizen members of the site in an appealing way that battles both lack of interest and the conception that "those up there" are just a bunch of arrogant idiots engaging in a politics roleplay.

That's why you're Obi Wan

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

When I need to advertise something going on on the site I generally spam the chat threads and ask the news team for help.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Beeing the one just having interview I think they are a very nice way of introducing new citizens to other citizens. General people browsing this site are mostly unaware or simply uninterested in reading anything else beside their sections of page but this is understandable with such massive forum, I remember beeing totally lost in the beginning and didn't even find hotseats threads. As long as they are being read by citizens and other interested members they are fulfilling their purpose.
    TATW HS Community Award

Yeah, I'd say they're nice to have. Although it's unlikely that most people on the site will read them, or even really know they are there in the first place, I'd say it's quite nice for people who are interested to be able to get to know a bit more about the new citizens. So to echo what Matto said, as the first new citizen to be interviewed for one, they are quite a nice thing to have.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

RE: [Applicant] Arandir Tur-Anion (Patron Mega Tortas de Bodemloze)

Mega did not even bother to remove Ngugi's personal note at the end of his message (let alone follow its advice)
    "A Swede, a Frenchman, and a Venezuelan walk into a bar......"

OT: Looking at the cultural diversity/differences, and accents, I found it humorous {he he}, so I left it in. The thing about one liners is this..... If they hit your a prince among men, if they don't your the poorest of paupers. Those are the breaks I guess.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Hah, I should have guessed that lack of humour on the German part is a much more likely explanation than applicational carelessness

No harm done, I hope
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    "A Swede, a Frenchman, and a Venezuelan walk into a bar......"
    I want to hear the full story!

Guess I'll have to wait for ca 1˝ week for the finale ;P

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

RE: [Applicant] Arandir Tur-Anion (Patron Mega Tortas de Bodemloze)

Hah, I should have guessed that lack of humour on the German part is a much more likely explanation than applicational carelessness

No harm done, I hope
    Of course not, I admire your tenacity. Never back down when your following what you you feel is right. By example.... take Aik and I. I love him beyond measure and With great frequency he{and GOTR} absolutely shreds me in Curia Main, especially in the prothalamous. But.... Beware that payback can be a massive female dog, so don't dish it out if you can't take it in return. {Mega looks up at the ceiling....."La la la, la la"......

Now... so you don't think that I'm disrespecting you, I'll address the rest.

I must admit I was not too amazed by the application at first, probably because I am too much a German mathematician to like shiny header images, or write some substantial introduction himself.

For me the Header = player preference. Being a P.R. guy,I'm a full believer in imagery whenever possible. I think my last 5 kids' applications have used banners.

My paragraph, short and sweet. I'm clueless about modding, but can spot a well laid out tutorial {in most cases}.Us CdeCers have always loved applicants with good tutorials. There are people I trust implicitly regarding the areas that I am week in screening. Their word is the Gospel, "period".{That is if they're not half crocked when they give it......}
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; June 02, 2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added Da reference link/My sucky grammar

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Of course not, I admire your tenacity. Never back down when your following what you you feel is right. By example.... take Aik and I. I love him beyond measure and With great frequency he{and GOTR} absolutely shreds me in Curia Main, especially in the prothalamous. But.... Beware that payback can be a massive female dog, so don't dish it out if you can't take it in return.
    I you too Mega. And boy you sure know how to drive me up the wall It's all in good fun and when we tumble out the Proth with bloody noses and broken teeth we usually meet for a beer or two

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    and when we tumble out the Proth.......

yeeeesssssss....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"The Proth".....Yeeesssssss