Page 14 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    now lysi is right in this thread there is no lysimachus
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126071
    That is because I have been lacking in this part of the job. I haven't any days schedule yet for this task as I'm tying to sort through the Tab. stickies. But eventually it will be updated.

@HL, what sticky is that? :S There's only three threads in there.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

curia vote i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    curia vote i think.
    Clearly I am blind. Could you link directly to the thread please because I only see one thread in there now - an active poll.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    @HL, what sticky is that? :S There's only three threads in there.

Devoirs The Empress
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Question to anyone who knows:

Will my recent Pater thread be put in the transparency thing or do I request it, if I have to, i say please do.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

As long as both you and your applicant agree to it, I suppose you can just message Meg to make it visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    As long as both you and your applicant agree to it, I suppose you can just message Meg to make it visible.
    If you are interested, please do this - I've been excited to see some transperency in action
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

We'll see what Meg does

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Delete.
    Last edited by irishron; July 28, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Wild. I do not see that at all. In fact I have been wondering where all of the deleted threads go because I expected to be able to see them after I delete them. Ah well, life is full of mystery! I'll ask someone with more powers than I to move the feller out of there.

As to the CdeC transparency "movement", I'll re-write the bill to further explain this process so it is all correct.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Wild. I do not see that at all. In fact I have been wondering where all of the deleted threads go because I expected to be able to see them after I delete them. Ah well, life is full of mystery! I'll ask someone with more powers than I to move the feller out of there.

As to the CdeC transparency "movement", I'll re-write the bill to further explain this process so it is all correct.

Devoirs The Empress

I see them aswell - it seems to be because we are local mods, I'd say general mods can see them as well.

Either that or the EiC forum is screwed up and Harry and I are doing something very wrong

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Devoirs The Empress
    Wouldn't it be better to just add that to the little constitution project in the Forum Magnum? You're not actually changing the rules, just making them clearer, so spending ten days discussing and voting on it seems a massive waste of time.

Wouldn't it be better to just add that to the little constitution project in the Forum Magnum? You're not actually changing the rules, just making them clearer, so spending ten days discussing and voting on it seems a massive waste of time.
    It is yes, but it's how things are right now. We only currently have the Prom. option to change bills of any kind, amendment or decision. I don't know of any other way to make changes to curial bills other than what we have now. I am not sure how the FM comes into play on this. Could you explain it further please?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

It is yes, but it's how things are right now. We only currently have the Prom. option to change bills of any kind, amendment or decision. I don't know of any other way to make changes to curial bills other than what we have now. I am not sure how the FM comes into play on this. Could you explain it further please?

Devoirs The Empress
    Well, in the Forum Magnum there's the little Constitution project which intends to make the whole document easier to read and to clarify any previously vague parts of it, so wouldn't your bill fall under that, or is it actually changing the Constitution?

Well, in the Forum Magnum there's the little Constitution project which intends to make the whole document easier to read and to clarify any previously vague parts of it, so wouldn't your bill fall under that, or is it actually changing the Constitution?
    Part of the bill does change the TWCC yes; the full transparency bill is both a decision and an amendment. It's that cool.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

We only currently have the Prom. option to change bills of any kind, amendment or decision. I don't know of any other way to make changes to curial bills other than what we have now.
    Perhaps you've shone a light on a need for expansion. Decisions and Amendments do not always encompass the spectrum necessary, so often the Curia can be seen making relatively menial decisions an ordeal. The solution might be to figure out how we can add some more procedures for specific situations.

One such situation might be a Curial ruling on Constitution interpretation. As it stands we have the avenue to amend the document with a 66% majority, but if it fails then the existing phrase may still be just as ambiguous. The solution to this may then be a separate procedure for interpretation of current phrasing where necessary. Something like folks offer a few interpretations, resolve differences in the similar ones, and then get support for those interpretations. Then we'd have a vote interpretation vs. interpretation and a plurality would decide which way it should be interpreted until otherwise amended, or until another interpretation overrides it. That could remove the problem of needing explicit change to remove ambiguity, and being left with it if we can't achieve that.

There's possibly others. Anything where we can make a procedure more viable and expedite it would be a nice thing to pursue. Whether that's basing some things on plurality, foregoing the requirement of a 3-day wait on addendum-based proposals, etc, it'd probably do some good for the Curia's efficiency rating.

(Throwing it out there in here for now since I don't have any concrete proposals in mind)

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

That AL would actually be good. Although it could get complicated.

I think that any changes in the TWCC should go through the normal process. But other bills could go faster.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Perhaps you've shone a light on a need for expansion. Decisions and Amendments do not always encompass the spectrum necessary, so often the Curia can be seen making relatively menial decisions an ordeal. The solution might be to figure out how we can add some more procedures for specific situations.

One such situation might be a Curial ruling on Constitution interpretation. As it stands we have the avenue to amend the document with a 66% majority, but if it fails then the existing phrase may still be just as ambiguous. The solution to this may then be a separate procedure for interpretation of current phrasing where necessary. Something like folks offer a few interpretations, resolve differences in the similar ones, and then get support for those interpretations. Then we'd have a vote interpretation vs. interpretation and a plurality would decide which way it should be interpreted until otherwise amended, or until another interpretation overrides it. That could remove the problem of needing explicit change to remove ambiguity, and being left with it if we can't achieve that.

There's possibly others. Anything where we can make a procedure more viable and expedite it would be a nice thing to pursue. Whether that's basing some things on plurality, foregoing the requirement of a 3-day wait on addendum-based proposals, etc, it'd probably do some good for the Curia's efficiency rating.

(Throwing it out there in here for now since I don't have any concrete proposals in mind)
    Yes, the need is there, but for just this one case, or for others to come?

So why can not I see them deleted threads AL? Fix it for me please.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

So why can not I see them deleted threads AL? Fix it for me please.
    While the issue is raised - should I be able to see deleted thread's outside of my own (local) moderation area? Seems funny that I and others can and you, as the Curia's moderator, can't

Heya,

Two votes going on this week. One for the Head Historian gig and another for three CdeC seats. If you've not applied or nominated someone, then do it now!

The report for July shall be out either tonight or Tuesday. I won't be available this Monday (long work day and electrical storms likely in the evening) so any concerns may be addressed to Ponti or you can wait the day to talk to me direct.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard