Page 390 of 393 FirstFirst ... 290340365380381382383384385386387388389390391392393 LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 7859

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

  1. #7781
    AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Thessalonike Greece
    Posts
    21,137

    Default Re: [Decision] Tiered Milestone Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    If you say something like you have in this thread and really mean it, you reveal that you have little sense of community and do not perhaps understand what makes people happy and why they congregate the way they do. I wish you could have some fun ​with others and learn to appreciate it.
    When i first came here i came to a modding site.
    If by "having fun with others " you mean something like this.


    So be it. I said my opinion and that's all. For me "having fun with others" is to make mods that offer knowelege and pleasure gamming time. But that's my personal point of view.
    The TGC mod's Turkomanic Leaque Preview is out.

  2. #7782
    Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19,915
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [Decision] Tiered Milestone Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Then as a modder your self you should understand that any other "awards" in a modding community that derail TWC's purpose of creating mods and not debates or writing blogs like "what i eat in my breakfast" , is no1 priority. If modding dies -and you should know better than me- all the rest will be pointless.
    TWC has never been about just modding. In fact, when I joined, the modding scene here was pretty dead and the '.Org' was much more active. By the time you joined, I was the TW Hex and the TW forums were much more vibrant, so yeh, you're welvome . There is actually a modding discord where a lot of TWC modders pretty much only talk about modding. I don't have a link (at work) but maybe someone else can point you to it.
    Last edited by Flinn; November 26, 2021 at 08:26 AM. Reason: clean up

  3. #7783
    Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    17,816
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    I've moved a bunch of unrelated posts from the Tiered Milestone Award thread to the Townhall.

    Please feel free to continue discussing here, thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

  4. #7784
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    The N Korean generals image should be placed in the Op

  5. #7785
    ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Personally I welcome out new North Korean overlords
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

  6. #7786
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,003
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Personally I think they look great. No idea what Anthonius has against North Korea.

    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  7. #7787
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    16,435

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Those medals are a valid form of body armor.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


  8. #7788
    Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Diffused headspace
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    At least one North Korea is necessary on this internet.
    pesky twc socialite, wandering 'knight' and dreamer

  9. #7789
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Totally well earned; look at this...


  10. #7790
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,003
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Are you implying that North Korean generals haven't seen extensive military action and are, in fact, undeserving of all of their metals?

    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  11. #7791
    ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    All those military victories over the undeveloped capitalist pig-dog westerners really add up
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

  12. #7792
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    All kidding aside, Flinn moved Antonius' post/ tangent here and he cannot post here.

  13. #7793
    Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    campus Martis
    Posts
    7,196
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Curial banner competition opened this morning.



    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

    Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers


  14. #7794
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    It really hurts me to say that Pike came up with a similar idea years ago.
    I do not want to start a divergent discussion on completely unrelated proposal, so here i post the older proposals for patronization

    I was not the originator. Omni was and mega took it up after Omni.

    Patronus Award, October 16, 2019 - PikeStance
    [Amendment] Pater's Civic Crown, March 02, 2016 - Mega Tortas de Bodemloze
    [Amendment] Pater's Civic Crown, September 09, 2015 - Mega Tortas de Bodemloze
    [Amendment] Patronisation Incentive Bill, Part II {Pater's Civic Crown}, May 19, 2012 - Mega Tortas de Bodemloze
    [Amendment] Patronisation Incentive Bill, May 17, 2011 - Omnipotent-Q

    Probably one of the most interesting aspect about these proposals, the less people patronized the less support this proposal got.
    There are some odd oppositions too; it would devalue citizenship (though, people still needed to be voted in), Giving an award is not necessarily an incentive (that's generally the purpose of the award in the first place), It probably will not work (not sure that is a reason to oppose, etc...

    Anyway, there's your history.
    Last edited by PikeStance; November 28, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

  15. #7795
    ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Mega Tortas was pushing super hard for that Amendment.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

  16. #7796
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,003
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    I wouldn't be opposed to supporting a bill along those lines.

    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  17. #7797

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    There is no award for patronization? There should definitely be one. Some people take the time to put forward Citizenship application and it would be nice to recognize that.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  18. #7798
    Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    17,816
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    All kidding aside, Flinn moved Antonius' post/ tangent here and he cannot post here.
    yes indeed I missed the fact that his Citizenship is still suspended, my bad. Anyways I could not move that to the CCT, so that was the only option.

    Commodus has already moved the discussion to the CCT, so Anthonius can move the discussion there or start a dedicated new thread in the Prothalamos. I'll notify him
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

  19. #7799
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Personally I’m of the opinion the Curia is Peepeepoopoo and should be abolished
    If we are being honest, we should all agree. let's look at the facts here.

    • It is difficult to have any discussion that doesn't get personal.
    • The level of participation is extremely low. A good voter turnout is about 13 votes.
    • Judging by my "third class" reaction, it is not likely they will be any patronages forthcoming. (under 8 seems to be the accepted norm.)
    • Citizenship itself is not value by new or old members.
    • The institution (The Curia) isn't a place anyone wants to "propose" an idea.
    • An absent owner; why should they be a class that "promotes" the site if the owner himself can't be bothered.



  20. #7800
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,003
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

    "If I don't get exactly what I want I'm going to take my ball and go home"

    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •