Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Discussing GS here is not on-topic for the Curia, Hader has also been quiet clear on this. I'm going to ask for the last time to drop this.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I'm testing the waters to see if we should propose closing down the HS forums. I think you can allow that.. , it's still within the curia remit to do so.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

It wasn't aimed at your part of the discussion

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Its pretty hasty to even consider completely shutting down an active portion of the community just because they're having problems. Sure the problems have been going on for a while, and its divisive but its unfair to the ordinary players and I personally doubt the Curia has the power to shut it down.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I'm testing the waters to see if we should propose closing down the HS forums. I think you can allow that.. , it's still within the curia remit to do so.
    Closing down the Halie Satanus forums? CdeC Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    That's actually a very interesting idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    It wasn't aimed at your part of the discussion
    Cool and the gang...

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Its pretty hasty to even consider completely shutting down an active portion of the community just because they're having problems. Sure the problems have been going on for a while, and its divisive but its unfair to the ordinary players and I personally doubt the Curia has the power to shut it down.
    This has been brewing for months and had spilled into the curia, what three times now. No we can't close it, but we can suggest closing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al
    Closing down the Halie Satanus forums? CdeC Support.
    I know right!! wtf did i DO... No don't answer that, we still good on the SND right ?!?

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

And the suggestion will be responded with a genuine middle finger, and once again telling those who don't understand the section, to keep out of it

There is no reason to consider punishing the entire community for issues between current and past members of Hotseat Gaming Staff. The overwhelming majority of players in the Hotseat Forum are well mannered members that come to TWC to enjoy hotseating in our community. There may be occasional arguments between players but it isn't an everyday or even an every week issue. There are seldom ever arguments in the threads between players and the arguments that do begin are usually quickly resolved.

Also, this is not an invitation to resume discussion of GS in this thread. The Curator has been quite clear on the matter.

A gun to the head can be a pretty powerful motivating factor, at least it usually is on TV shows. I think there might be some crossover in this instance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bolton
    There is no reason to consider punishing the entire community for issues between current and past members of Hotseat Gaming Staff. The overwhelming majority of players in the Hotseat Forum are well mannered members that come to TWC to enjoy hotseating in our community. There may be occasional arguments between players but it isn't an everyday or even an every week issue. There are seldom ever arguments in the threads between players and the arguments that do begin are usually quickly resolved.
    Glad to hear it. It was obvious some time ago Parafix was talking utter bollocks when he tried to make it a sound like a nest of syphilitic vipers. You chaps really should get a better spokes person, before he throws you all under the bus...

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar Bolton View Post

Also, this is not an invitation to resume discussion of GS in this thread. The Curator has been quite clear on the matter.
    As for the majority players you mean that 30ish people who left, because of the current still unresolved disputes, problems and decided to nothing to do with the hotseating section in General and westeros since january? Or you mean for the majority the remaining less players only in the westeros section?
    Arguments can be solved easily yes, but when a higher up decision made by mostly the Gaming Director, whose award is now closed, is a mistake, which people don't like, but then those people/players opinion is disregarded everytime anyway by him and not even try to make a compromise solution, you will have a problem ongoing for more than weeks.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; February 16, 2018 at 02:40 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by General Dragon. View Post
    His own discord would be shut down by now, should TWC ToS apply there.
    To copy Parafix's bluntness, what bearing does that have? Behaviour off of Total War Center shouldn't have any bearing unless it is against the Terms of Service for things such as harassment or vote inducement. Although its on the internet and might be publicly accessible, its still part of your private life and you act in different ways with different people on different mediums. And we're straying back into the forbidden area of talking about Parafix, SoulGamesInc and Jadli again...
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 13, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh this allowed to continue if it's about the children chatting nonsense about me?
    If it were me acting like this towards anyone, just voicing opinions on people i don't like, ya'll know this would be shut down within a heartbeat

This not without precedent. There was another group that was given their own forum. It was a toxic community as well. It was described simarly has hot seating. When thing predictably went bad on their own forum there was an attempt to bring back here. One fired admin later and the group was shut down here. If there is a difference, this group was not a total war based group. Still, it was the toxity of the group that led to the closing of the forum. I am writing of course about Minecraft.

Blog Entries

Back to Souls Novus, will argue the following by Jadli alone breached a series of Terms of Service violations that where allowed to go without moderation. Ya'll up in arms about me being blunt, however this seems to be acceptable?

Posts that are not related to the topic of the thread in question, or that contain no material that can reasonably be discussed
    Outside of the Administrative Forums, personal references, whether implicit or explicit, are off-topic. Personal references of a negative or derogatory nature and statements that disrupt the discussion, regardless of intent, will be singled out in particular.
    Unsolicited advertisement for any website, product, service, funding request or facility not first approved by TWC staff
    Any post(s) designed to disrupt the flow of conversation, radically change the topic of the thread or elicit a response that violates these Terms of Service.
    Ignoring a thread warning made by a moderator
    Taking action that has previously been warned against by a moderator
    Refusing to follow reasonable directives pertaining to moderation
    Using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libelous language

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please leave moderation matters to... Moderation. Thanks.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Back to Souls Novus, will argue the following by Jadli alone breached a series of Terms of Service violations that where allowed to go without moderation. Ya'll up in arms about me being blunt, however this seems to be acceptable?
    You brought your dirty washing to the curia, not only, but you continued to involve us by bringing it to this thread. You did so by insulting those who commented on the novus proposal and moderation, I presume you meant the curator.

You are not a member of the GS yet you continue to speak on their behalf alluding to things which I presume are covered by SND, I wonder where you are getting your information from..

You were very open about your disdain for this institution when you claimed we can't judge you.

You were wrong.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 14, 2018 at 04:09 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm not getting the actual situation; I saw GB closed the application thread, does it mean that the application has been put on hold for the moment? My bad, but some things of the Curia are still obscure to my poor little peasant mind
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'm not getting the actual situation; I saw GB closed the application thread, does it mean that the application has been put on hold for the moment? My bad, but some things of the Curia are still obscure to my poor little peasant mind
    The application was withdrawn and we're not meant to be discussing SoulGamesInc/Jadli/Parafix in this chat due to the numerous warnings from Curator and Hader, but are allowed to discuss whether or not to shut down the Hotseating Section as a whole.