Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    @Pike: Have you considered that the decline in patronisations might be linked to some cause outside the Curia? The external circumstances do not remain the same. You have both fluctuating activity due to the progression (or decline?) of the Total War series and, assuming that after some years a core of steady contributors stabilises, you have a saturation effect, where applications drop simply because most worthy applicants have already been citizenised.
    I have consider this. However, the Admin insist that membership is rising not falling. I do not think there are lack of applicants. The drop can be attributed to the idea that you need to contribute a great deal in order to become a citizen. initially, this was never the case. Essentially, if you stick around for 2- 6 months contributing, then you have a vested interest in the site and you were "patronized" for citizenship. As the standards rose it had a double effect: Patrons were hesitant to put someone forward and clients were hesitant to be put forward. As the frequency failure increased, the drop began. [based on my initial investigation/ no data yet to support].

To elaborate on your point. Is it possible that membership can rise, but the # of modders decrease, # of content and non- TW contributors decreased in regards to regularly posting consistently to be noticed? This is possible. However, I do know of some past active members who should have been brought forward, but weren't. I actually went looking to see if I could recently and noticed their activity has dropped. I do wonder if they had been patronized if their contribution would still continue to this day??? In other cases, some of these members are still contributing. However, in light of the Curia "upheavals" and length of time they have been on the site and not approached, it is not surprising that they are now resistant to citizenship.

The citizenship culture that was created can only thrive as long as its members persist on its continuance.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. However, I do not think more elections are the efficient way to go. Those active in and caring for the Curia already are de facto such a committee. Those who want to patronise will patronise and those who won't, won't. Making it an office won't increase the activity of either group, I think.
    In anyway it would makes things easier and shorter, as well. One who'd like to patronise, but don't have the time, fears to be refused, etc.. could approach the office to get it done for him. Those who want to patronise shall patronise their candidates, but for the others, who don't want to for certain reasons, the office could do the job.

I agree, an increase in number won't lead to more activity, but those candidates won't become citizens either way.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I see. Don't you think that an increased use of the "Members suggested for patronisation" thread would achieve the same?

---------------------

On another note: Welcome to the Interregnum.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

I see. Don't you think that an increased use of the "Members suggested for patronisation" thread would achieve the same?
    I created an update post within the Suggested Patronization Thread.

On another note: Welcome to the Interregnum.
    Technically, no.....[as per Constitution], "When the office of the Curator is empty the Censor whose term is closest to completion will organize the election for a new Curator and assume day to day administration of the Curia."
    However,
    for the moment) you are unemployed .... [as per Constitution], "If the Curators [...] subject to a successful VoNC, they are automatically removed from office along with any appointed assistants."

mishkin is now on the hot seat!

That is what I meant. We have a regent, but no king. I already requested Hex to remove all affected permissions.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

So.
    Because right now the triumvirate consists of only two people (the fabulous Pike-mishkin team), their activity is stopped until a new Curator is elected.
    Right now I'll start the electoral process.
    It would be great if the Curator Assistants (Iskar, Genius and Dark Storm) remained in their position during this interval.
    Regarding my permissions to assume day to day administration of the Curia., Iskar, if you can tell me with who you have already contacted, I will PM him too. (I'm pretty clumsy, but I'd like to assist the Curatos Assistants).
    ------------------
    One hour later, I am thinking about voncing myself.
    Apparently the constitution says nothing about assistants for the substitute. Iskar does what he can, but please bear with me. (What an odd expression, "bear with me").
    Last edited by mishkin; November 27, 2015 at 04:52 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

We have a regent, but no king.
    A steward while waiting for the return of the king, eh?

Cheers

~~~

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    One hour later, I am thinking about voncing myself.

(On a serious note; go bear)
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 27, 2015 at 06:10 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well, can you sing, Master Ferret?

I wonder who lurks beyond the Anduín...

EDIT: the paralleles are striking.

PS: We stand behind you, mishkin.

Last edited by Iskar; November 27, 2015 at 06:57 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I cannot bear more of this wordplay.

Good to see the curator application and vote threads going up quickly. Good job, mishkin.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Thank you guys for managing the Interregnum.

Blog Entries

I already have the permissions.
    If, by chance, someone sees any incorrectness (a thread that must be moved, closed, whatever), you can say it here (so everything is clear and anyone reading this discussion can get an idea of the work of the curator). (Diary of a curator, day 2. After a tough fight against two bloody buttons, I managed to move (stickie) the curator application discussions. Victory!).

To do: Close the discussion thread for the VoNC in the Proth, move it to the Proth Archives (without redirect), tag it Vote Finished - Passed - Implemented. Move the closed vote thread in the Curia Vote to the Tabularium (without redirect), tag it Passed - Implemented.

I don't know whether VoNCs need to be noted in the register threads in the Tabularium. Do they count as Decisions?

Blog Entries

Done. (Wasnt sure, I have used the redirect/one hour option. Will be fine, I think, but for the next time should I use the other option?)

I have not seen VoNCs in the annals (either amendments or decisions).

(Diary of a curator, day 2 and a half: I have a strange feeling. As if I was being manipulated. I'll have to investigate).
    Last edited by mishkin; November 28, 2015 at 08:27 AM.

That is what I meant. We have a regent, but no king. I already requested Hex to remove all affected permissions.
    i was teasing you

Done. (Wasnt sure, I have used the redirect/one hour option. Will be fine, I think, but for the next time should I use the other option?)

I have not seen VoNCs in the annals (either amendments or decisions).

(Diary of a curator, day 2 and a half: I have a strange feeling. As if I was being manipulated. I'll have to investigate).
    From no communication to Twitter (heehee)
    not complaining; just say'in

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Glasnost is certainly beneficial. You don't happen to have some characteristic birthmarks, mishkin, do you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Its my first day dude, I am really excited.
    Last edited by mishkin; November 28, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Its my first day dude, I am really excited.
    We can tell ,... Keep it going!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Whatever has happened my Curator Emeritus status, and with it secret access to the Pol, has also been removed.

EDIT: Whatever happens, someone take care of that that Handbook!
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

^Since LW has been VoNCed, all his staff has been removed with him. Now, considering that there is no such thing as a Curator Emeritus access group, you actually have been one of his assistants, therefore you got your access rights removed.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I know don't worry. I wasn't actually an assistant to LW, I think my access was just left over from my term - I didn't have the option to display the badge, moderation rights or anything, just access to the Pol, hence the joke about it being an Emeritus-esque status.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE